Hello!

UnicornQueen

Hello everyone!

I'm 20 years old asexual/demisexual (still trying to figure it out). My sexual orientation was never important to me until most of my friends started dating and some of them were seriously thinking about marriage. For long time I considered myself extremely picky heterosexual (I had tons of fictional crushes but never fell in love with real person). As time passed by I began to think that there's something wrong with me, that I'm missing something. Fortunately, two months ago I discovered term 'demisexuality' and it changed everything. As I was learning more about asexuality and demisexuality I realised that I only experience aesthetic attraction and no sexual one and my 'crushes' were in fact more like 'sqiushes'. Now I'm trying to figure out whether I'm demi- or asexual and I hope you can help me with that.

Hello Unicorn Queen! Welcome to the Asexuality forum 

My Name is Sherlock Holmes 

Nice to meet you 

Welcome to AVEN, I'm so glad you found us! I'm a newbie too, and everyone's been super helpful. :)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for introducing yourself! I'm glad that you joined. : ) There's definitely nothing wrong with you. You'll find a lot of people that can relate! I first came across the term gray-sexual (or gray-asexual), and then demisexual...and I assumed I was one of those because I had a crush or two and found people aesthetically attractive. But there are different types of attraction (aesthetic, romantic, sexual, sensual, etc.), and they're all totally separate from each other. So you can be asexual while feeling aesthetic or romantic attraction, etc. Just keep exploring and see what feels right to you. I hope you enjoy being a member!

Related image

Archived