Gender and Bathrooms

Crystal7

Gender and Bathrooms  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support public facilties offering only gender nuetral bathrooms?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • In some cases
  2. 2. Do you support public facilities offering only gender nuetral showers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • In some cases
  3. 3. Do you support public facilities offering only gender nuetral changing rooms?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • In some cases

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm curious what the general consensus is on AVEN about gender and bathrooms. Thanks for voting!

If the keyword here is only. There's a big difference between having gender neutral options and only gender neutral things. 

Well, bathrooms are separated by sex not gender but there are gender neutral bathrooms which are commonly called "Family Bathrooms". As for the showers do you mean showers where they have one person at a time or like community shower? If its community shower for like a private company I guess it's up to them but I don't know if everyone is going to want to shower with people of another sex. Changing room again do you mean public or community service? Public meaning high school and community as in local private gym. 

I'm curious why the percentages vary for the 3 different types of facilities (showers, bathrooms, changing rooms). Humans are strange. :P

28 minutes ago, daveb said:

I'm curious why the percentages vary for the 3 different types of facilities (showers, bathrooms, changing rooms). Humans are strange. :P

I guess there's the assumption gender neutral restrooms wouldn't have urinals? Changing rooms are probably the most private yet :lol:  (people are very opposed as of right now)

46 minutes ago, borkfork said:

I guess there's the assumption gender neutral restrooms wouldn't have urinals? Changing rooms are probably the most private yet :lol:  (people are very opposed as of right now)

When I saw changing room I thought of changing for PE in high school. I didn't think about changing rooms in stores >.<

6 minutes ago, ShyFeather said:

When I saw changing room I thought of changing for PE in high school. I didn't think about changing rooms in stores >.<

Yeah. There's a big variety in there that isn't clarified. I thought of stores because I haven't had PE for 15 years. Also, we called ours locker rooms. 

I think it depends on the privacy of the stalls. If the bathroom/shower/changing room has stalls that don't show who's inside and doesn't expose anyone to any other naked person, I support it.

1 hour ago, borkfork said:

If the keyword here is only. There's a big difference between having gender neutral options and only gender neutral things. 

Yes, the key word here is only.

38 minutes ago, ShyFeather said:

Gym and pool locker rooms come to mind for me.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

Well, bathrooms are separated by sex not gender but there are gender neutral bathrooms which are commonly called "Family Bathrooms". As for the showers do you mean showers where they have one person at a time or like community shower? If its community shower for like a private company I guess it's up to them but I don't know if everyone is going to want to shower with people of another sex. Changing room again do you mean public or community service? Public meaning high school and community as in local private gym. 

For the showers, all public showers, so both.

For the changing room, public facilities.

I'm not opposed to the idea, depending on the circumstances.  When we're talking about retail areas, sports facilities, workspaces,  academe and other areas with a high footfall fine.  If we're talking public toilets on the street, less so, just on the potential safety issue. 

Sure to all three, doesn't bother me any.

• 1 year later...

@Crystal7

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived