they won't believe me

waffllles

Spoiler

Spoiler

hello to everyone, i hope everyone is having a lovely evening/afternoon/morning. :D

i've been confused for almost my entire life thinking that maybe there was something wrong with me that i didn't like anybody or didn't feel any sexual attraction to anybody until i leant about asexuality, i researched into it more and discovered that i was not the only person feeling like this. there is a whole community who had felt like this as well. :lol:

although i'm still a bit 'new' (i don't know if that's the term to call it) to this, i'm hoping people will help and support me through this. i'm still a bit nervous to tell people, because i tried telling two of my closest friends but they thought it was just a joke, since i would always say and joke around saying that i'd always want to a boyfriend, but i would only go on because they had boyfriends and i was always the third wheel but i honestly didn't mind.

i told them that maybe i was asexual and my one friend messaged me and asked if i wanted a boyfriend (because i told my tow closest friend in a group with us three that i was asexual), and i that's when i knew they wouldn't believe me. i explained it to my one friend trying to convince her that the whole nagging about a boyfriend thing was all a joke and how throughout my whole life i would feel like this, telling her my experiences and thinking maybe she would finally believe me.

after a long voice note i sent her she finally realised that what i said was actually making sense and she agreed with me, after a few days a decided to tell my sister and she believed right away because she already i was that type of person.

although... i'm still afraid to tell my parents or friends because i feel that they wouldn't believe me, laughing and thinking it's just a joke or a phase. maybe it is a phase, but i wouldn't want people to think that there's something wrong with me because even one of my friends and my sister believed me, there is one of my closest friend's that i told and i still think she doesn't believe me, she thinks it's a joke and that i'm just looking for attention, which i'm absolutely not.

even though i've accepted who i am i hope there are people out there that will help and support me through this, thanks to all who has read through this it was very long :blush:  

but i hope everyone has a good day/night :)

Hi and welcome to Aven :)

I'm afraid that there's no guideline for making someone believe you. To keep it short: Stop trying, it won't work. Live your life, be who you are. People will get the hang of it eventually. If you never bring someone home (or with you, to a party) or never engage in this social stuff to begin with, people will start to realize that there really isn't anything going on.

I'm 34 and my grandma only stopped asking me about that a couple of years ago. It takes quite some time to get there, but you will get there eventually. That being said, don't refrain from activities you enjoy, just because you think they could kind of invalidate being ace. Don't adjust your life to a label, rather find a label that suits you (or better yet, don't even engage in this label bs).

Hi! Welcome to our forum, I hope that you'll feel here at home :)

Well, it's never easy to come out and definitely not when someone already didn't believe you. Asexuality is more and more known but it's unfortunately a far cry from let's say homosexuality or more commonly recognized orientations. But don't get discouraged, if you feel that you want to tell somebody just do it. And if the reaction won't be nice you always have us to rant/cry to and we'll listen and hopefully make you feel better. And it do get better with time. 

And here's your "we're happy that you are here" cake :cake:

Archived