A little nervous

Cascade

Okay, so hello everyone. :)

It took me a few days to work up the courage to actually join and post in here. Asexuality is something that's crossed my mind in regards to my identity every once in a while, but I always brushed it aside because I didn't want to actually delve any deeper and admit that maybe I wasn't the same as everyone else, even though I knew I wasn't. I've spent most of my life feeling a bit weird, a little disconnected, as a result. I guess I always knew that having absolutely no interest in sexuality was not the standard, but I didn't want to ponder what that meant until now. I've never actually met anyone else like me (that I know of), so this is going to be a very, very new experience.

So, um... hi? *waves*

- Cas

Hi Cas! Welcome to AVEN! I'm glad you decided to join, and thank you for sharing your story. If you're looking for friends or want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me! Enjoy the forums!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's a little less scary now that I've cleared that first hurdle of speaking up. Though I kind of wish I'd had more sense than to post while I'm at work, I was very nearly in tears at my desk after getting that first reply. I guess I needed to talk to people like me a lot more than I realised!

And hi, fellow Aussie! Oi oi oi!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you so much for joining and sharing your story with us!! It's definitely tough to open up to people in a new place like this, but I'm glad you did. : ) You'll find a lot of people that can relate to you here! Take your time exploring the site. I hope you enjoy being a member~

Related image

Hi Cas! It's really nice to meet you. Don't worry, we are all quite alike here so you should feel at home after some time. We have no interest in sex but we have the cake so here you go! :cake:

If you ever feel like you'd like to talk to someone feel free to write to me :)

Thanks kelico and cinary! I'll definitely take cake over sex, lol. I've been nosing around and this place looks great. It's such a relief to find a place where I'm normal. *flops*

Hello I go by Sherlock! 

Welcome to the Forum! 

*Happywave* 

Archived