Can you be aromantic and not know it?

Oreo778

Hello people,

Just quick question for you all : Do you think that you can be aromantic and not know it?

I am still in the process of figuring out all of this but at this point it is fairly clear to me that I am asexual. After my last ("not great") relationship ages ago, it came to my attention that my idea of romanticism my just be a really close and good friendship. Does this mean that I may be aromantic? Any input or help would be great thanks,

Auri

Some people who are cupioromantic never realize they don't feel romantic attraction or crushes, however they want to have relationships even not being able to love others romantically. I guess they get confused about what romantic attraction is and how it's different from "just want a date".

A lot of aromantics think they just haven't found the right person yet.

Yes, some aromantics don't know they're aro, but desiring a relationship that's closer to being a really close/good friendship doesn't automatically mean someone's aromantic. Some people just desire low-key romantic relationships. So the key question more so is, do you get crushes or desire to be in relationships?

Archived