What does aromantic mean?

bound dust

Ok, I am new here and have never posted anything before, so I am not sure if I am doing this right or not, and I am not sure if I'm asking this question in the right place or not. So I apologize if I have made any mistakes, but here it is:

What does aromantic mean, and/or what is it?

5 minutes ago, brōkn sōl said:

Ok, I am new here and have never posted anything before, so I am not sure if I am doing this right or not, and I am not sure if I'm asking this question in the right place or not. So I apologize if I have made any mistakes, but here it is:

What does aromantic mean, and/or what is it?

Aromantic means the individual does not experience romantic attraction.

3 minutes ago, ~Syl~ said:

Aromantic means the individual does not experience romantic attraction.

Ok, thanks for telling me.

NerotheReaper

Welcome to Aven! :cake:

Basically if someone is aromantic, they don't experience romantic attraction. This might sound a little vague, but basically you don't see anyone in a romantic way. You don't feel the need or want to date anyone. Maybe also ask yourself does the idea of a relationship repulse you, or are you kind of interested in maybe being in one?

Feel free to look around and read other's experiences!

On 2/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, NerotheReaper said:

Welcome to Aven! :cake:

Basically if someone is aromantic, they don't experience romantic attraction. This might sound a little vague, but basically you don't see anyone in a romantic way. You don't feel the need or want to date anyone. Maybe also ask yourself does the idea of a relationship repulse you, or are you kind of interested in maybe being in one?

Feel free to look around and read other's experiences!

Thanks for the explanation, it is very helpful. Also I am so sorry this thank you is so late.

• 1 month later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

An aromantic person is someone who doesn't experience romantic attraction. There's no need for an aromantic to pair up with another person for romantic reasons. Aromantics are capable of feeling love - platonic love such as that between someone they knew their whole lives.

22 hours ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

An aromantic person is someone who doesn't experience romantic attraction. There's no need for an aromantic to pair up with another person for romantic reasons. Aromantics are capable of feeling love - platonic love such as that between someone they knew their whole lives.

Thanks for the answer.

Archived