Questionning sprout part two.

mariposaeloie

mariposaeloie

Hello! As I said in my presentation in the new member part of the site, I am questionning my romantic attraction. For the longest time I thought of myself as pansexual and panromantic. But I've come to question that. I have had romantic attraction and feelings and have been in relationships. But it never lasted long. I went with the flow for most of them and just went "ok, fine, whatever" when they suggested being partners. And when I was the one with romantic feelings asking to be in a relationship, my attraction lasted for three months at most. Also, I think I have confused romantic attraction for other type.of attraction before? And, since my last serious romantic attraction from 4-5 years ago, I have felt almost no desire and no romantic attraction toward people and when I have I didn't feel like pursuing it. So I am toying with the idea that I might be in the aromantic spectrum. Mostly close to the romantic side, but still in the romantic spectrum. I know no one with similar experience. There is a side of me that thinks my lack of serious romantic attraction might be because I am starting to transition to be happier in my body and it is a big change and I don't have the mental space to let myself feel? But I always doubt all my instincts so I don't know. They tell me I am on the aro spectrum. I am a bit confused. So I decided today to start refering to my romantic orientation as WTFromantic for now. And to register to this forum.

Welcome!

Honestly, transition is a confusing enough time even when you feel like you had your orientations figured out beforehand. I dealt with a lot of expectations for my sexual/romantic orientations to shift with my transition, and the insistence of some people just drove me up a wall because I had to defend my identities during a time that I wanted to wait and see what would happen. You probably don't need me to say it, but be sure to take others' opinions with a grain of salt. I'm just as aro-ace as I was before I started transition. Perhaps getting farther along in transition will clear some dust for you, but I'm glad that you have a label that you're comfortable with at the moment. I hope that your experiences on this site help you!

(If you don't mind me asking, are you calling yourself a sprout in reference to You're So Brave? :))

Archived