Fox News(!) Monday, April 3 - Video Now Online

Hu

Insert obligatory request for digital recording here.

Another one here.

And GOOD LUCK!!!

I put an announcement up on the front page (we need to get more of those going on..)

thanks for the well-wishing, guys. i know i'm a bit jittery, but i think we've got this.

*irons shirt*

*irons pants*

*irons hair*

Got this? Ha! We're going to give Rupert something to remember. See you all through the television soon!

i know i'm a bit jittery, but i think we've got this.

Well, we know you've got this! Good luck guys! :cake:

Hmm... I just checked my local listings and it says that divorce court is showing on fox... :? unless fox news is a different channel?

Great!

I'm trying to get it online- my brother recorded it for me, so he's gonna get that online hopefully soon.

Edit: Yes, I just came out to my brother. :shock:

NeitherSparky

Well I just woke up so obviously I didn't tape it. :P

I'm trying to get it online- my brother recorded it for me, so he's gonna get that online hopefully soon.

Edit: Yes, I just came out to my brother. :shock:

Yay! on both counts! :cake:

heehee. :P

His first reaction while we were watching it, after asking me if I was asexual, was "Wait... They're a couple? How can they be asexual?"

So I explained that people could feel romance seperate from sex drive. And then he said "Well, then you're not asexual because you don't want to date."

And then I explained all of that stuff to him...

And then afterwards, he said that he thought the interviewers were respectful and didn't try to tell winter & the squirrel that they need help. So I was pleased with his reaction. :wink:

Well done ghosts glad the ocming out went well.

And well done winter nad HuSongshu (not that I've seen it but...).

:cake: :cake: :cake:

LostPenguin

Didn't see it... Blanked on it last night (so tired!) and didn't realize it'd be on at 10 on the west coast, not 1-2 and/or 4-5...

I hope somebody can upload it.

I hope somebody can upload it.

Me too, I normally don't work mondays.. it would figure that the one monday I have to work is the day that something like this would be aired. :P

Edit: They have video of it on the website.. too bad I can't watch it at work!

WheresMyCow

Thankyou for the upload :)

The section was great! Seems like visibility is steamrollering right now. :shock: That's great that they have it advertised on the Fox website, too.

bard of aven

Short, but great! Thanks Hu and winter. And where did they ever find a doctor who had read the literature? She was pretty cool.

boa

Yay! I didn't particularly like the doctor's use of the words 'sex drive,' but other than that it was a good piece.

That .mov seems to cut off the last 20 seconds for me, but I caught it on the FOX site.

Overall, it looked good. Kudos to all involved in this asexy success!

:cake:

Congrats guys (ok to be politically correct, people) !

:cake: to celebrate! I think it went very well, and it'll hopefully help raise awareness :D more :cake: because I'm hyper!

And that psychologist/psychiatrist/whatever person was actually more or less accepting about the whole thing. I'm going to have to write to her for a signed photo 8)

Well... that was fun! Thanks, ghosts, for getting a good-looking video up so quick. :cake::cake: (one to share with your brother)

Yes indeed, we ended up with Dr. Davidson's good twin. She's a Fox News employee who does lots of these bits, and a psychology professor at Mt. Sinai; she claims to have known and taught about asexuality for 25 years!

All around, after so much anticipation of a battle we were kind of stunned to hear the hosts saying things like "it's different from celibacy, which is a choice" before we even got a word in. They took all our lines. We just kind of sat there trying to look cute while they told us how cool we were. Fox News, who knew?

I hope someone noticed the perfect AVEN purple of my shirt; I just found it yesterday while browsing through the shops in preparation.

PaulAndWinterFilmstrip.jpg

Not to mention the tweed ;)

You guys definitely did good, even if they stole all the speaking from you.

Cate Perfect

I KNOW THEM!!!!!!!

LOOKIT YEW! *fawnfawn* *kvell kvell*

You straightened your hair, winter!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*adds clip to DVD o'Asexuality*

Archived