The Black Ring

EmbrACE_it

Hello! Embr here. I was wondering how many asexuals wear the black ring on the middle finger of their right hand. I'm debating getting one myself, and was just wondering how many people actually use it. Thanks! :cake:

I currently don't but I do want one.

(why does it have to be a ring? I hate rings... stupid short, stubby fingers...)

DatsNotMahName
22 minutes ago, EmbrACE_it said:

Hello! Embr here. I was wondering how many asexuals wear the black ring on the middle finger of their right hand. I'm debating getting one myself, and was just wondering how many people actually use it. Thanks! :cake:

I absolutely love the black ring on the right hand! I want to get one but I'm not even 100% sure if I'm ace or nah. Tho I might get one 'cuz I simply love it 😍 

Just now, DatsNotMahName said:

I absolutely love the black ring on the right hand! I want to get one but I'm not even 100% sure if I'm ace or nah. Tho I might get one 'cuz I simply love it 😍 

I'm gonna get one soon, I'll show you when I do!

FemmeFalconer

I wear one. I wear it as a reminder that I'm okay being me and it's comforting to know that there's nothing wrong with being the way you are regardless of society's standards.

There is a post about this in the census that might give you a better idea of how many members here use them if you don't mind browsing.

17 minutes ago, ruuua said:

I didn't even know this was a thing tbh

Well I'm glad I was able to let you know about it!

1 minute ago, EmbrACE_it said:

Well I'm glad I was able to let you know about it!

It's such a good idea! I would totally wear one if I didn't have sausage fingers.

22 minutes ago, Moophie said:

I currently don't but I do want one.

(why does it have to be a ring? I hate rings... stupid short, stubby fingers...)

I'm sure you can wear the ring on a necklace or something!

1 minute ago, ruuua said:

It's such a good idea! I would totally wear one if I didn't have sausage fingers.

I'm sure your fingers are beautiful, so you should totally wear one! :D I believe in you!

8 minutes ago, EmbrACE_it said:

I'm sure you can wear the ring on a necklace or something!

Maybe, I definitely want to get one at least.

DatsNotMahName
24 minutes ago, EmbrACE_it said:

I'm gonna get one soon, I'll show you when I do!

YASH!! 

I actually made a poll on the census forums for this. If you look at the results it might help

LibelulaMortis

I'm in between rings at the moment, I keep breaking them. A couple local aces I know wear black rings, it's how we found one another, so I think its a great way to find other aces!

I wear mine all the time. It was perfect for me since before I knew I was ace I wore promise rings for much of the same reasons. Wearing a ring became a comfort for me. It's nice for something inside you that's invisible to have a material form on you at all times. It's very validating. I recommend it if you're interested in getting one.

I don't and won't.

• I was once engaged and quite uncomfortable with wearing a ring.
  • At work I am not permitted to and getting rings off seems as uncomfortable as getting out of boots without laces or zips.
biancaboricua13

At this point, I understand the meaning and I don't care if anyone else does. But it sure is fun to flip people off with a black ring right there, insert maniacal laugh....bwahahahahahahaha :evil:

They come in handy for ace meetups if you live in an area with enough people to do those, gives a way to spot each other.

Beyond that I doubt most people notice, it's rather improbable to run into another ace randomly who knows about the ring, sees yours, etc...

so personally, I wear mine for me, as I've noted before- a reminder that I'm not alone in being ace, that kind of thing.

I do wear it in a meager attempt at warding off people and finding other aces. My friend and I made some for each other out of black wire but they don't have much longevity. I'm planning to eventually save up a bit of money and order one from lifestyle rings (or maybe just spray paint and coat one black.. I remember having black spray paint somewhere.)

I do wear one every day, and at first it was to reassure myself. But now, it's mostly because I feel a weird pride when I put it on, makes me happy :)

Lyssamarie1023

I have a few ace friends who wear them. I do not but since I'm not out I've never had the guts to.

Diamond Ace of Hearts
8 hours ago, Lyssamarie1023 said:

I have a few ace friends who wear them. I do not but since I'm not out I've never had the guts to.

I'm not out either but I've been wearing one for a couple of weeks and no-one knows what it is/what it means so there's probably no reason to be nervous if you want to wear one. If you get questions you aren't ready for you can always just say it doesn't mean anything, you just think it looks cool.

Count me in, I wore one pretty consistently for a while. A couple people I ran into at a nearby university actually recognized it, they were pretty cool people. I noticed a member of the student leadership was sporting one too! I don't get out much, though, so I haven't spotted anyone else with one. Family tends to ask about it a lot, nobody else does.