Anyway to find out if I'm a Demi?

Darth Tribble

Darth Tribble

Hello! 

I don't really identify as anything regarding sexual orientation, but I guess asexual is closest to how I feel. Idk if I'm a gray ace or a hyposexual.

I've been wondering a lot about the possibility that I could be a demisexual. I have never dated anyone, so for a long time I believed I would never know for sure unless I did. 

However, I'm too shy to date. There have been a few women I really liked, but it was never "attraction at first sight", but rather something I figured out overtime as I got to know them better. I don't desire sex with them, though I may fantasize. However, it is more romantic attraction than sexual, if that makes sense.

Aside from dating, what are some ways I could find out if I am a demisexual?

There aren't necessarily ways to find out how you identify. A demisexual is by definition someone who can sometimes experience sexual attraction after an emotional bond is formed. That you don't generally develop feelings until after you've gotten to know someone better could be a sign of demisexuality, but ultimately it's up to you to decide and furthermore know how you feel. 

On another note, you don't have to have experience in relationships in order to know how you'd behave in one.

This could be a good place to start. There are some demisexual specific questions and answers, as well as a bunch of different information. You might relate to some answers here, or elsewhere on the site, to help work towards clearing a few things up. 

I hope this was of some help.

scarletlatitude

Moving this into regular Gray Area

scarletlatitude

Sex Talk mod

• 4 weeks later...

If you experience no attraction but do after an emotional bond, you might be Demi.

Archived