Regal Intro from Queen of Hobbits

hobbitqueen

Not sure how I'm active I'm going to be online here, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

I found out about asexuality probably about 3 months ago and the basic description of asexuality resonated with me immediately. I started thinking back on my life and it's like fitting a missing piece into my memories. So around I'm still trying to figure out if I'm aromantic or not - my dating criteria up to 3 months ago was: 1. find someone I'm sexually attracted to, 2. date them. Dear reader, step 1 never happened. So beyond speed dating in an attempt to meet potentially dateable people, I haven't really dated.

So now I'm trying to figure out what my ace dating criteria should be, because I want to try before I decide on aromantic or not.

I'm 36 and have two cats and yesterday was the least stressful Valentine's Day I've had in a long time because I didn't put pressure on myself to spend it some-old-how.

Welcome to AVEN

chocolate-avocado-cake.jpg?itok=E2eWE_Dx

I texted Valentine wishes to a couple of long time female friends, but other than that the 14th was a non-event for me.

Welcome. I'm brand-spanking-new too. In my approximate 3 decades on this planet, I've never celebrated Valentines day beyond being forced to give cards to other kids by my elementary school teachers.

Well thats a new one. Hello Queen Hobbit! 

My name is Sherlock! 

*bows* 

Its a pleasure your majesty 

Hail, Queen of the Hobbits, and welcome! :D Some cake, your Highness? :cake:  

You sound like me! I too only discovered my asexuality about three months ago, have 2 cats, have never dated anyone, and am unsure about my romantic orientation. That's proving a lot more difficult to figure out, LOL. 

Archived