2. 2. Why do you wear your ring?

• I don't wear a ring
    • So I can be recognized by other aces
    • To remind myself it's ok to be ace
    • I want to
    • It reminds me that there are others like me
    • To feel like part of a community
    • Other (maybe explain in the thread?)
  3. 3. Have you ever been recognized as asexual for wearing your ring?

• I don't wear a ring
    • Yep
    • Not yet
  4. 4. How often do you wear your ring?

• I don't have one
    • Everyday all day
    • Only take it off when washing hands of something similar
    • Most of the time
    • Only sometimes
    • Not very often
    • I have a ring but never wear it

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, lapat67 said:

I got an onyx one on ebay. It was really cheap. It did require some patience to find a size Z/12. I first got an metal one (tungsten carbide I think), but it had a black coating that wore off. Onyx is black all the way through. It's sometimes called other things like black jade. I have a picture of both, but don't know how to post it.

Thank you. :D The stone of the ring I'm wearing now is also onyx. I didn't know they made rings entirely out of it, though. I'll stay away from the tungsten ones, then, I don't want the black to wer off.

Just bought two hematite rings because they were so cheap (3€ together). I'm still looking for an onyx one, so it doesn't have the metallic shine and the black is more visible. And I love rings, the more I have to change according to my mood the better.^_^

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'm pretty happy with my ace ring actually although I'd like to get a better quality for it some day.Makes me feel more visible and being true to myself.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I don't wear a ring, as I don't wear jewellery.

everywhere and nowhere

Unfortunately, I can't really wear a ring, especially a black one. I have quite severe allergy and almost always have small wounds and scratches on my hands. In order to hide it I started wearing thin cotton gloves outdoors and I got so used to it that I can't imagine having bare hands outdoors.

It's easy to get black gloves that look decent... so you get it: any ring on a glove is not very comfortable anyway, a black ring on a black glove is invisible on top of that. ;)

I got one when I first realized I was asexual, but I don't generally wear jewellery, so I would feel both strange wearing it out in public often, and it would also draw more attention from people who know me and probably force me to explain (i.e. come out) to them, which I'm not ready to do.

If I ever go to an ace event though, I'm definitely wearing it!

• 2 months later...

I once had a black stone ring that broke on a stone floor years before I even knew what asexuality was^^ If anyone recognised it as an ace ring, they would have been mistaken on one account, because I just thought black was a cool colour. And right on one because, well, I guess I turned out to be asexual XD

When I accidentally forget to wear my ring I feel naked/ incomplete all day. I really like my ring.

I have a nice ace ring and I like it, but I don't wear it because I don't wear rings. I prefer bracelets and necklaces when it comes to jewelry.

I don't think anyone would recognize it if I did wear the ace ring in day-to-day life though. Just having it is good enough for me because it's for reminding myself it's ok to be ace.

If I ever go to an event I'll wear it. I actually got mine at a pride event.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I don't have an ace ring, but I'm not against the idea of wearing one. If I ever do get one, I think an onyx ring would be a really cool choice.

I got 4 stack-able  silicone rings in the ace flag colors that I sometimes where on my right hand ring finger next to my black ring as well as some earrings I got from AVEN's "store"

• 4 months later...

@LettACE

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived