2. 2. Why do you wear your ring?

• I don't wear a ring
    • So I can be recognized by other aces
    • To remind myself it's ok to be ace
    • I want to
    • It reminds me that there are others like me
    • To feel like part of a community
    • Other (maybe explain in the thread?)
  3. 3. Have you ever been recognized as asexual for wearing your ring?

• I don't wear a ring
    • Yep
    • Not yet
  4. 4. How often do you wear your ring?

• I don't have one
    • Everyday all day
    • Only take it off when washing hands of something similar
    • Most of the time
    • Only sometimes
    • Not very often
    • I have a ring but never wear it

This poll is closed to new votes

Just curious how many actually wear rings. I just got mine so I'm interested to know

Maybe you could add some questions on how often people wear the ring and whether it's ever been recognized by another ace?

I'm interested too.

Edit: Thank you :)

I'm the first to say no :(

Don't normally wear rings so would get asked a whole load of questions if I start wearing one, which I can't be bothered with.

Horse Ham Radio

I think if you're female you could pull off a ring much easier than a male (whose ring would be questioned by everyone.)

I have to say I LOVE WC rings. I love the weight of them. The thing is I just don't wear any rings. They just get on my nerves. 

Of course, I do. So other asexuals and people (who are familiar with asexuality and asexual culture) know I'm actually asexual. 

Yes. On my right middle finger I wear a plain black ring which I got for a penny and a diamond ring that belonged to my great grandmother.

Anthracite_Impreza

I don't wear any jewellery at all.

I had been wearing a hairband wrapped around my right middle finger, but my order just arrived in the mail today and now I can wear 1 of 3 different black rings.

Luftschlosseule

No. Thanks to my heart problems my hands are swollen and I can't find rings that fit me. I wanted to make some out of wire, but the circumfence of the fingers fluctuates from day to day and the point where the ring should sit is smaller than the point slightly above.

I want to. I have rings. Blah.

I don't anymore but I used to 

I don't wear any rings (or any kind of jewellery for that matter), so even an ace ring would be odd. Like too long fingernails, it's something that I would find disturbing when playing the bass as well.

As to what I think when I see somebody with an ace ring - I usually assume they haven't got a bloody clue and think it's a fashion statement. Followed by the thought "good job they're not wearing it on the index finger".

love my ring. I am a girl (or you know. something like that), but really, an unadorned ring, of whatever colour suits you, is the most amazing thing. It's like, telling yourself something, that you are a part of something, and you are proud of it, and fine with everyone knowing. 

Where I live, no one really knows what asexuality is, and I've never even had a second glance, nor am I expecting one. But that doesn't matter - and doesn't change my opinions surrounding it. Seriously - it's just so validating. And as someone who's needed validation their whole lives about everything, it's just the best feeling :)

I don't wear a ring but I'm interested in getting one. Any suggestions on material/where to get them?

I have one, but I barely wear it due to it wiggling loose on my finger to the verge of it falling off. And also to avoid scratching it just in case I decide to give it to a fellow ace who has the same ring size as my current ring. Looks like I need to a precise and accurate resize since I'm not a 7 and probably a 6 and 3/4 or 6 and 1/2 D:

4 hours ago, yonah said:

I don't wear a ring but I'm interested in getting one. Any suggestions on material/where to get them?

Back when I had an ace ring, I got a really nice and cheap Florentine design ring off of amazon.

My only suggestion for material is really research (especially in medical context) what you're getting, tungsten has become a very popular material in low price jewelry lately because the jewelers can go on and on about tungsten's durability. Which is true, for the most part, tungsten is a very durable material and it's unlikely to get damaged, thing is though, you don't want the super ultra awesome metal of never changing on your human finger. Tungsten is great and in like 80% of situations it won't make a difference, but if you smash your finger bad enough, that ring isn't coming off without a visit to the emergency room (likely a very painful one), more traditional materials are a bit more pliable and, while they may get damaged if you do a lot of hard physical activity, are also easier to get off in a situation like that.

On 2/13/2017 at 8:52 PM, yonah said:

There's a really cheap on on amazon for around 7$ USD 

heres the the one I got

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007LQG9T2/ref=pd_aw_fbt_197_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7RS2MP46FE8NZFTTQ4CK

Hermit Advocate

I normally wear Celtic styled rings, but I've been wearing my black ring much more than those ones now that I have it. I don't wear it at work because I'm worried I'd lose it. 

I wear my ring all the time as a reminder to myself that it is ok to be who I finally found out who I am. It is a comforting thing for me. And also a reminder to myself that after 2 failed marriages not to be a dumb ass again. I got mine from Carbon 6- the one that glows in the dark. Purple, lol. I really like it, and it hasn't managed to get damaged yet. I am very hard on rings.

I have a ring engraved with my favorite band's name :P Someone asked me if it was a purity ring and I started cackling aloud. But honestly it might as well be- there's not much more sexually unappealing than wearing fandom gear 24/7 :lol: 

A few people have asked if I'm married, most likely jokingly. Internally, I go "No, quite the opposite".

Outside of LGBT events, one person recognized it and asked me. It later turned out, he's grey-aromantic.

I wear mine all the time. It's the only ring/jewellery I've ever worn.  It's part ace identity,  and part I like it.  I've never been directly recognised ace Ace

Someone finally asked me why I wear my ring on the middle finger of my right hand.

Working here at the chicken plant in Danville, Arkansas. An employee, who didn't know what Asexual was, asked me why I wore it on this particular finger.

I explained that I was Asexual. His first question was, "Is that a religion?". :P:P:P

After explaining, we got into a short discussion, which, of course, turned to the subject of sex.

When, we got to a certain point, we both agreed that most guys would accept a sexual...'ahem'...favor from another guy, he looked me in the eye, and asked if he could come up onto my truck, 'for a spell'.

I explained that 1) I don't do that.

2) I wouldn't do that on my work truck.

and C) I don't do that.

What a hoot!:P

Absolutely! I found one on ebay that happened to have a heart in Ace colors. It lives on my right middle finger of course. On my right ring is a silver Celtic ring with green amber to remind myself of my commitment to my art. On my left ring finger are my engagement/wedding rings from Dabishop.

Put them together with my valknut necklace (which needs fixing, ack!), and it's shorthand for, "This is who I am."

On 13/02/2017 at 6:03 PM, nameinagame said:

I think if you're female you could pull off a ring much easier than a male (whose ring would be questioned by everyone.)

I've had one for two years, and have had one (1) person ask me. This is Britain after all. It was my boss, and I didn't tell her.

On 14/02/2017 at 3:52 AM, yonah said:

I got them on Ebay. I first got a tungsten one, but after a year the black was pretty worn. I'm a gardener. So then I got a onyx one. After a year of wearing that you have to look really closely to see some tiny scratches.

I was thinking of doing it but, like, I have no faith that I'll meet another ace in person other than if I went to a meet up so I don't know if it's worth it... *shrug*

Stained Glass

I have it on right now! I've been recognized three times!

Mezzo Forte

I'm a percussionist, and rings can get in the way when I'm playing, (especially for hand drumming,) so I don't wear anything on my hands.

I have recognized ace rings in public before, but the interaction of asking about the ring is super stilted and awkward for me that I don't bother commenting anymore.

Archived