Gender Test

Cognition!

That was terrible, not that I had any faith that this would be valuable at all in the first place, but I got exactly 50 % of each. The whole premise of deciding gender based on feminine and masculine characteristics, if they can be so easily defined as such, seems very silly to me.

ProtectorOfTheLight

Apparently I'm 53% masculine and 42% feminine, so "Undifferentiated-Androgynous." I thought both would be a lot lower. And I agree, I don't get how a lot of the words are associated with a gender...?? The test was somewhat interesting to take, at least. Even if I think determining gender based on these characteristics is just silly.

Never too tired to do silly tests! And this one showed....

53 % masculine

8 % feminine

...just like all other tests. Woho!

Edit: just pasting this stuff in here too since it's mentioned in this thread as well:

You scored 60.833 out of 100 masculine points, 45.833 out of 100 feminine points, and 57.5 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points.

Galactic Turtle

28% masculine - low

8% feminine  - very low

Casually male.

I'm a chill dude who feels things. XD A lady turtle who struggles being lady-like in polite company. :P

I also don't think this is like... a gender test in terms of what you ID as. It's just testing traits of gender roles. Very different. I'm a girl but not girly. ^_^

9 minutes ago, i am a little boat said:

That was terrible, not that I had any faith that this would be valuable at all in the first place, but I got exactly 50 % of each. The whole premise of deciding gender based on feminine and masculine characteristics, if they can be so easily defined as such, seems very silly to me.

Nowhere does this test say it's defining gender based on those characteristics. It just says if you're masculine or feminine.

92% masculine (very high) 61% feminine (average) = casually masculine

just like I thought. Does that correlate with how I identify? Probably yes.

I also thought I wouldn't be able to asess my characteristcs just like that, I prefer when they ask you what you would do in a such-and-such situation.

J. van Deijck

Am I the only one who got 0% feminine?

42% masculine and 53% feminine - undifferentiated androgynous 

I'm cis-apathetic female. I don't really think feminine/masculine makes much sense to describe me, it seems so arbitrary.      

5 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

Am I the only one who got 0% feminine?

No, I got 0% feminine as well.

1 hour ago, Antihero. said:

Masculine: 97%
Feminine: 0%

Masculine: Very High
Feminine: Very Low

This makes you ‘Extremely Masculine’

53% on both. Undifferentiated-Androgynous.

I'm not complaining, but I thought I'd score more feminine.

I don't identify with femininity, but I'm not out as nb, so my gender expression is still feminine and I do still conform (minimally) to a feminine gender role.

But seriously, how is whether you're introverted related to gender?

Diamond Ace of Hearts

42% masculine, 33% feminine. Undifferentiated-Androgynous.

It's weird, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I think if you wrote down a list of my traits and showed them to people, they'd probably conclude based on only that info and with only the "traditional" two genders to choose from that I'm female. Apparently the compilers of this test don't agree and of course, gender doesn't work like that but it's interesting having those sorts of insights into yourself. I still identify as male but since yesterday I'm starting to care even less than I did before, which wasn't a lot to begin with.

I like how it's decided what traits are masculine and what traits are feminine, as if you can't be angry and secretive but also be feminine.

Clearly whoever made it just wrote the question and then assigned each answer to what they felt would be correct. Which skews this to be really quite wrong.

J. van Deijck
15 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

No, I got 0% feminine as well.

So you're even more masculine than me! I got 75% only. And still Extremely Masculine.

Huh. :mellow:

erdgsfg.jpg

Figured ^_^ I guess no surprise here.

56% Masculine, 25% Feminine. So it says "Casually Masculine".

Not really a surprising result, personality-wise.

Blueberry Pie

44% Masculine, 47% Feminine. This makes me "Undifferentiated-Androgynous."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I got 75% masculine and 17% feminine

Masculine is high and feminine is very low thing literally says I'm typically masculine

3 hours ago, twilightstarr said:

I've read about Bem's work before. The test I originally found said that it is supposed to be a measure of stereotypes. 

I scored 36 masculine, 39 feminine on this one, more androgynous than the first time. I have had a lot of self discovery and changing in the last few years. 

I took your test and I got 82.5 out of 100 masculine, 28.333 out of 100 feminine and 43.333 androgynous/neutral points

Those "questions" were extremely broad and inexact so I don't know if I understood what they were after in all the questions, but I did my best. I took the test twice just to tweak the answers a little. The first time I got 14% masculine and 50% feminine. The second time I got a similar 8% masculine and 44% feminine. I don't know what to make of that. My outwards gender expression is probably more masculine than feminine and my interests are pretty neutral as far as gender stereotypes go (for example; I have no interest in cars, sports or makeup but I like programming & language), but I don't think it is too outlandish to say that my personality might be more stereotypically feminine. So I guess it's accurate, as long as you're dealing with oversimplified stereotypes. As far as my actual gender identity goes I don't really have one.

Your scores:

Masculine: Very Low

Feminine: Average

This makes you Casually Feminine

4 hours ago, twilightstarr said:

I've read about Bem's work before. The test I originally found said that it is supposed to be a measure of stereotypes.

On that test I got: "You scored 23.333 out of 100 masculine points, 65 out of 100 feminine points, and 57.5 out of 100 androgynous (neutral) points."

This isn't the worst gender test I've taken. One test I took actually asked if you were good at math. :blink: According to this test I'm casually feminine and average for both masculine and feminine. 

verticalChart.php?masculine=39&feminine=64

Janus the Fox

Apparently "casually feminine" both masculine and feminine average, Masculine 39% Feminine 56%, hmm 5% is missing :) Id say that's roughly right.

"Casually feminine." 39% masculine (average), 78% feminine(high)

Yeah, I can see that. (I consider myself mostly neutral, in the middle, but with a slight edge to feminine.) But I agree that the whole thing is horribly stereotypical. 

Hermit Advocate

verticalChart.php?masculine=61&feminine=33
Huh, I was not expecting this and yet it doesn't surprise me that much. 

47% masculine and 64% feminine, therefore casually feminine. I'm a sap, so I see how I scored higher on the feminine ie emotional side! 😂

89% masculine, 83% feminine

Very high scores on both

end result: Undifferentiated Androgyne

Interesting 

But proves a good point in how i stand in things with the 7% difference

22% masculine

53% feminine

Casually feminine.

That was more then i thought actually.

6 hours ago, m4rble said:

This isn't the worst gender test I've taken. One test I took actually asked if you were good at math. :blink: According to this test I'm casually feminine and average for both masculine and feminine. 

verticalChart.php?masculine=39&feminine=64

Yeah, I gave up on that test (if it was the same) when it started with the math problems! Like, sure, my dyscalculia (and aversion to even trying the problems) makes me super duper feminine... 

I also appreciated, how it didn't ask anything about clothing styles, let alone household tasks...

Just now, sindi said:

Yeah, I gave up on that test (if it was the same) when it started with the math problems! Like, sure, my dyscalculia (and aversion to even trying the problems) makes me super duper feminine... 

If I'm remembering correctly the test I took just asked if you were good at math, you didn't need to prove it. Still, way to promote sexism. 

Archived