Gender Test

Cognition!

According to what  answered there I scored 17% masculine and 33% feminine, which is "very low" masculine and "low" feminine, which makes me "casually feminine"

I don't think it's a good test though, lol

edit: it doesn't really correspond to my actual gender identity of female, imo, if I went by that low femminine score it would make me non binary, probably, and I just identify as female.

14 minutes ago, Cognition! said:

Hey everyone,

I'd be interested in what AVENites score on this gender test, and how strongly it correlates to your actual gender identity :)

http://www.celebritytypes.com/gender/test.php

It only takes 5-10 minutes.

I am most likely a man 

I did that kind of BEM test in the past, the problem I have with it is that a single word to answer is too open to interpretation.

I'm even more feminine in this particular version, hah. So no, doesn't correlate to my gender identity if you were curious. :P

Wow 

I got 89% male 

I got 78% female 

High female 

Very High male 

I honestly surprised 

I was still higher male though 

Which isnt that surprising 

I taken these before I never high on feminine. 

This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous

share_on_facebook.png

Share on Twitter

Typically masculine

Idk this seems really stereotypical...

2 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Typically masculine

Yeah, it really is, and also like someone else mentioned, putting one word questions and expecting us to accurately guess where we fit with that word on a sliding scale really isn't great 

edit: I meant like @ManPlush had similar concerns

I'd say that if this thing gets your gender wrong don't be bothered or upset by it, it's just a silly test based on stereotypes

3 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Typically masculine

I honestly thought that too. 

Masculine 57%, feminine 47%.

Okay. Honestly I've never really paid attention to that sort of thing, all I know is that I'm a boy. *shrug*

So I took it just now, and the result I got was "Undifferentiated-Androgynous." I'm apparently 42% masculine and 39% feminine, which somehow doesn't surprise me, given my personality. I still think cisgender, though, just not very stereotypically feminine or masculine. But who knows? I've been wrong before. I thought I was straight for a long time as well, and look how that turned out. :lol: Still, that was a fun way to pass the time. 

17% masculine and 61% female

Mychemicalqpr

I've read about Bem's work before. The test I originally found said that it is supposed to be a measure of stereotypes. 

I scored 36 masculine, 39 feminine on this one, more androgynous than the first time. I have had a lot of self discovery and changing in the last few years. 

I got 44% both for masculine as for feminine which means undifferentiated-androgynous. I took the same test twice in the past, once I got the androgynous one too and once I was a bit more masculine than feminine. It's fitting I guess as I consider myself quite neutral.

probablypandas

31% Masculine

28% Feminine

"This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous"

I like this result. It fits.

Groovy Teacakes

I got 72% masculine and 36% feminine which makes me casually masculine. I'd say it's not a bad description of me, but it's very hard to judge whereabout on each scale I am compared to other people because there is no universal benchmark of each descriptor to compare yourself to.

Lots of the traits it asked about I wouldn't nessessarily describe as masculine or feminine though. Like imagination or extroversion.

Let's figure out your gender based on old social constructs of the idea hat have been ingrained in our culture!

Sorry, I just find this kind of thing bull-shitty. I fully identify as female and have never questioned that, but I was always a Tom boy and self sufficent. According to this test, that meant I am more masculine but, but that sounds like a 1800's way of thinking about men and women.

If you identify with one gender, great. If you identify with neither, cool. But that's about what you identify with. Let's stop projecting these archaic ideas of masculine and feminine on people.

44% Masculine and 50% Feminine making me Undifferentiated-Androgynous apparently.

Masculine: 97%
Feminine: 0%

Masculine: Very High
Feminine: Very Low

This makes you ‘Extremely Masculine’

The result didn’t surprise me at all. I’ve always been very masculine and completely failed to understand femininity.

Miss Anne Thrope

58% masculine, 61% feminine.

Not surprising. While I am definitely a female, my gender expression is definitely androgynous.

22% masculine

36% feminine

result casually feminine

10 minutes ago, Josie P said:

I fully identify as female and have never questioned that, but I was always a Tom boy and self sufficent. According to this test, that meant I am more masculine but, but that sounds like a 1800's way of thinking about men and women.

As far as I know this test is about masculinity, femininity and gender roles and not about gender identity.  

Note it says Gender Role Test.

Gender /=/ Gender roles.

It's about how you fit into certain roles and your personality, not about your identity.

1 minute ago, iff said:

22% masculine

36% feminine

result casually feminine

I got the exact same...

Your scores:

Masculine: Average

This makes you Casually Masculine

I'm a bit surprised... I thought I was more feminine than that! Well, if this holds true, no wonder that I've despised female stereotypes placed upon me so much.

I got casually masculine, 75% masculine, 36% feminine.

But my concept of femininity and masculinity is clearly different than the test creators. I don't consider "loyalty", "shy", "compassionate" or other such words to belong to a gender at all, and how those words apply to you is what the test is based on.

Certain virtues/vices have been traditionally assigned to a certain gender. Certain virtues/vices manifest in a higher percentage in one gender. Certain virtues/vices may be more instinctual to a certain gender. I assume these are the facts the test creators had in mind when they made it. But I don't believe any of those facts translate to virtues or vices being intrinsically either masculine or feminine.

What I think of as being masculine or feminine are those things correlated to our XX or XY pattern: testosterone and estrogen, body structure, genitalia, menstruation, etc. All the other stuff--clothing, fashion, hobbies, careers, roles, virtues, vices etc, that our world might think of as being masculine or feminine, I think of as realms that have simply been gender stereotyped. We need to break away from those stereotypes. They are gender neutral.

Masculine: 56% (average)

Feminine: 28% (low)

Sounds about right to me. Not quite sure, but I think so. (That gender shit is confusing as hell.)

J. van Deijck

Masculine 75%, Feminine 0%.

Your scores:

Masculine: High

This makes you Extremely Masculine

So, there's no doubt that I am male. :P okay everyone knows I am male, but now it shows I'm a masculine male, despite of my not-so-very-masculine appearance. :P

Archived