Clothing styles!

sindi

J. van Deijck
10 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

Holy shit man, I’m staggered once again by how much thought, effort, money and time some of you cyber-goth and goth guys put into your outfits.
For me it would already be annoying if I had to think about what I wear every day, I know where I have to go to so I simply just grab some shit from the appropriate (for this occasion) section of the wardrobe.
So, I take my hat off to you and your awesome style ;)
:)

wow, I literally feel complimented. *giggles* :D:blush:

but you know, wearing it is not that big effort itself, the biggest problem is that prices can be really high (just counted the price of all these mentioned clothes in summary and it's almost my whole monthly salary! ~1300 PLN for just seven things  :blink: but I never buy more than one thing at once, so I can deal with it. :P

but now I have to confess that I plan my outfits only before meaningful events, and it can be even two weeks before the event. :P for 'normal' days, I just look into my wardrobe and take everything I feel like wearing at the moment. it doesn't even look that random xD

so you know, we're still not that different, even though your outfits look different than mine :D

My style right now is called "therawear" lol! Im just starting out as a therapist and learning that business casual isnt the preferred style (whoops) Rather its all about the flowy cardigans, pant leggings, and boots! I'm totally not complaining lol!! As for me Im all about comfort and soft breathable fabrics. I wear a lot of purple. Its like my 2nd or 3rd favorite color but its easy on the eyes and looks good on me. So my closet is basically all earth tones and purple. I used to wear a lot of scarves but find them irritating now. I don't know...Maybe because I run kinda warm and dont like the material of most of the printed ones. I might have lost some of my fashion sense because of that haha. Oh and as a rule therapists usually have awkward taste (so Im told)

My style kinda depends on the day... Though generally I'm always wearing a graphic T-Shirt with a design from a band/game/movie or show I like (usually a black shirt). I'll often wear a hoodie (my favourites being an Umbreon hoodie, a green Attack on Titan hoodie, an Optimus Prime hoodie or my Kill La Kill sweater.) 
I like to wear boys shorts most of the time if it's hot out but will sometimes wear girls shorts... (cargo shorts, sometimes I buy swim trunks because they just look cool and are comfortable.)  I also like jeans (my favourite ones right now are black with stars on them), and I like leggings too but will pretty much only wear them if I've got either shorts or skirt over them.
The only jewelry I wear is usually necklaces my favourites being a choker with a crescent moon and a star on it and a necklace with a small millenium puzzle from yugioh on it.
I also have a lot of hats, mostly for the winter. The one I wear the most recently is a black wolf hat. Though now that it's beginning to warm up I'm starting to wear a Zelda: Twilight Princess ball cap. I'm also a fan of finger less gloves/arm warmers...   
So I guess my style is kinda goth/punk/tomboy depending on the day... lol

A buttoned shirt (often in some kind of square pattern) or sometimes a t-shirt and somewhat pale blueish jeans with a pair of black-greyish shoes.

When temperatures are colder, add a proper coat and one of those sweaters with a zipper below the coat (usually grey or black - to both). I forgot what those were called like. :P

I don't wear any jewelry unless you count a silverish Casio digital watch (like one of those sold in the 80s, those rerelease models), which is still rather rare. Most of the time I don't wear any decorative elements on my wrists, fingers, neck or whatever.

Maybe this will change in the future if I finally find a black ring. I'm close to having what I want... Just the right size is missing yet.

If I feel like it and temperatures are neither hot nor mild, I might wear a jeans jacket because why not? Otherwise it's a regular one. :P

My style is probably pretty basic, invisible you could say. Yes, I'm a ninja. :ph34r:

Spoiler

No, don't worry, I'm just kidding. :ph34r:

Except for that one shirt I have maybe. It's pretty much an all-blue "hawaii shirt", if you can still call it that way. It does have a palm pattern in a slightly darker shade of blue though. I put it on because it looked so weird and silly in that store, only to find out it actually suits me very well (even according to others). Even the shape is perfect.

Apparently I look hip in it or something... and it fits my watch. If there were more of these I could maybe add this touch of weird to my regular clothing, similar to my occasional jeans jacket day. :rolleyes:

My style is tomobyish.  I wear most of the time plaid shirts and under that graphic t-shirts, skinny denim jeans,long sleeved stripe t-shirts or baggy sweaters and hoodies. converse or trainers occasionaly high heeled boots.  
When I must wear formal clothes I wear black blazer and collar shirt. I don't wear any skirts because my body shape make me difficult to find one that fit me.

Most of the time I wear black or blue and occasionaly I change my clothes to green, gray or purple

In case of jewellery I wear bracelets most of the time. I have plenty of them but my fave are the leather ones. Recently I bought dark blue choker with floral pattern and I like to wear it to dark blue sweater or black t-shirts and right now is my fave. 

J. van Deijck

got some additional contribution to my style

tumblr_oocjelKwHe1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocjahJYqY1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocmz3pyqi1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocn8bSunv1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

I'm just a little machine.

5 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

got some additional contribution to my style

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oocjelKwHe1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocjahJYqY1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocmz3pyqi1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oocn8bSunv1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

I'm just a little machine.

THIS! makes me want to consider wearing this style too next to jfashion :wub:  You look great there!

J. van Deijck
10 minutes ago, Jayce said:

THIS! makes me want to consider wearing this style too next to jfashion :wub:  You look great there!

YAAAAY thank you! :wub: today both my parents said they get annoyed when they look at me, but who cares right? :D

I guess my style is between feminine and androgynous. I usually wear female clothes at home (t-shirt and sweatpants mostly). Outside I have to use mostly male clothes (I'm amab). My "outside of home" clothes are usually jeans / chinos / tracksuit bottoms / shorts, T-shirt / knitwear / sweatshirt. sport jacket / parka jacket. I also usually wear female accessories (socks, beanies, gloves, scarves, etc) to feel comfortable. My preferred colors are pink, red, yellow, and purple (black for bottoms). I wish I could use more female clothes outside, but I don't want to draw too much attention.

I am confused by my sense of style. I honestly don't really have money for clothing, so I have been wearing the same clothes for years and just making slight alterations. For a while I was dressing sort of goth, but in a very subtle way. An example of a typical outfit would be a dark gray tunic, black skinny jeans, black boots, lots of silver Victorian-style rings. I still wear pretty much all dark colors, but I replaced black jeans with blue jeans and my hands no longer resemble a gypsy's.

The article of clothing I own that gets the most compliments is this shirt:

9e32ed04506a69c3c98a3ca14a0544a9.jpg

I was told that it suits me really well. I am within the same realm of pale as Jack White of The White Stripes and my hair is naturally so dark brown that it is nearly black. 

I realized I was dressing in sort of an uptight way before, and wanted to appear more laid-back because that's what I think is cool. I think the way you dress really does have an effect on how you see yourself, too.

Gender plays a pretty huge role in the way I dress. My sense of style is somewhere between feminine and gender neutral. I don't identify very strongly as a female. I have wondered before if I am agender, but after putting some more thought into that I decided it isn't that I am completely lacking gender, my gender identity is just very very weak.

Also, I dress modestly because I am uncomfortable with how creepy some people are.

Lavender is my favorite color but I only have one article of clothing that's lavender.  A polo.  In the following pic, you'll see jeans, a couple of orb bracelets, the lavender polo & my Beanie Baby Millennium.  That's my main way of dressing when I can tolerate wearing a hot polo.

17965120_1654083221272670_1960530485_n.jpg?oh=4fc33a0f65771a7cabc7d26c0abdc31c&oe=58F2F33E

Yellow is a color that goes well with my skin tone.  Hoodies are my favorite article of clothing in general.  I lost this hoodie because of my all blue onesie I first washed.  Some of the dye ran over on to a lot of the hoodie.  It was a tragic funeral.

17965994_1654082867939372_1796128613_n.jpg?oh=e36f735594341e24fc38ca068c452484&oe=58F3425B

This is my Hitomi hoodie, Hitomi from Dead Or Alive.  My favorite fighting video game.  I wore this hoodie more than the yellow one because the yellow one was prone to getting visually more dirty.  I may have a plethora of hoodies but this one is out & about more.  In one of the photos is a skull bracelet made up of black skulls & a silver skull.  This is my favorite bracelet to wear other than the wooden skull & blue skull bracelet.  (In the skull bracelet photo, I'm wearing that lavender polo again.)

17918922_1654082904606035_1175534711_n.jpg?oh=0e62633a40c947a242218ede49be74af&oe=58F2F60D

17965145_1654082871272705_1062662422_n.jpg?oh=b8f115886abcdbf9c6e30aabf8d421ec&oe=58F2E2C8

In the next photos, they show that I tend to wear black socks; because I'm black.  Yeah.  I have on black Crocs in one of the photos too.  They are easier to deal with because they don't make my feet sweat regardless of how much foot powder I put on them.  Easy on & easy off.  The next two photos also show my favorite pair of khaki cargo pocket shorts that I'm about to wear this weekend with my pepperoni pizza tank top.  As soon as I see my older brother; I'm going to ask him, "I heard you were hungry, nigga!?"  Never a dull moment between us.  In the gif, I have on my pineapple dark blue sun hat.  I love asians, I want to get another one & find an artist to air brush Spyro the Dragon on it.  Also in that gif was the yearly March of Dimes shirt.  I liked that shirt because it proposed us to roll up our sleeves.  I haven't worn that shirt again but I will sometime soon.

17965217_1654082894606036_656930177_n.jpg?oh=11987aca0e8d427aeaaeefb7947d935e&oe=58F2E92A

17965068_1654082887939370_531573867_n.gif?oh=ab30385f6cf59e430408090c0f41a417&oe=58F2D179

The following image contains my first onesie, it's dark gray & I enjoy it a lot.  I want to get another one like it, it'll be red.  I have a bigger sized blue one; I'll get the red similar one as the dark gray one in the bigger size.

17965635_1654082864606039_16738737_n.jpg?oh=3aa7861080f73e56acfefb1d439afc25&oe=58F20D65

I'm not sure what to call my style.  I don't have a lot of snazzy clothes but I do have some unicorn graphic items, a very nice brown Phat Farm hoodie I wear with brown clothing when I feel like I'm at my maximum chocolate capacity.  I have a few sets of coveralls.  A few that are skinny sweat pants materials & one that is denim country style.  I have a couple of designer polos & the rest are solid & blank.  I have some plaid shorts & more khaki shorts; I really need to collect a pair of black denim shorts.  I will mostly wear jeans, a tee, an orb bracelet or two with army boots, Timbaland's, Phat Farm white shell toes, black water Crocs or brown plush Crocs.  I have a manly array of clothes when it comes down to it.

Also, around my neck; I will wear my old army dog tags, a silver heart or a silver anchor.

Around my waste, designer boxers or American Eagle shiny boxer briefs.

• 2 months later...
jehoshabeath

My preferred style includes a jacket, hat, 3/4 sleeve shirt, boot-cut trousers or jeans, and white sneakers. I also wear glasses, a green-colored watch, and natural stone bracelets.   I almost always carry a bag with a notebook and pen.  If I'm staying indoors, I usually substitute a hoodie for the jacket.

For formal occasions, I'll wear a simple A-line dress, hat, and flats.  At the office, I'm usually wearing a polo shirt, cardigan, dress trousers, and black shoes.  I'm still struggling with finding office clothes that I like, but I'm making progress. :) 

J. van Deijck
4 minutes ago, jehoshabeath said:

I'm still struggling with finding office clothes that I like

...story of my life.

My choice of clothing switches every 6 months.

September-February I go for a t-shirt with a checked buttoned shirt on top. I'll generally wear jeans and some white trainers.

March-August I go for a t-shirt, exercise shorts and flip-flops.

Come rain, snow or sun I wear this all year round.

I really like flannel shirts and dark jeans. Boots in general are really nice, especially those boots that only come up to your ankles and have the knit lining and also some combat boots. Sweaters, scarves, and cute gloves (if it's cold outside) are also really nice. I really just like Autumn fashion choices, which results in me having nothing to wear during the summer XD

Here's the closest thing I could find to the knit lining boots I was thinking of: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=123917989

I feel like my style is all over the place compared to some more consistent styles and looks on this thread :D I love dresses and skirts and I used to wear them all day every day. This past year or so I have been wearing more jeans and leggings though, as I have finally found jeans that are comfortable and leggings are the easiest thing to go with. Anyway, sometimes I like to combine things like a flowy skirt with a leather jacket and black boots. Other times I'll leave the skirt and wear the boots and the jacket with jeans and a cardigan or something. I often like to plan my outfits though, so that they reflect how I'm feeling that day. I hardly ever just throw something on, because I feel weird if my clothes don't match my mood. I know, that sounds weird. But I could be wearing the exact same outfit on two occasions, like it on one occasion and hate it on the other, because I wasn't feeling it, you know. I love high heels too, but I also own like five sligtly different pairs of white canvas shoes and I'm always looking for cool new black boots.

I also love to wear little nerdy things, like my Cap necklace or leggings or my Hogwarts pin. I'm not big on fan t-shirts or anything with any text on it, but I love nerdy merch. I just like it to be a little bit more subtle.

arekathevampyre

Comfortable t shirt and pants person here . as for shoes , generally converse hi-tops ;)

Lie-RennyValkyrie_

My old style was all dresses and skirts with legging and a tightish shirt thrown in there some times.

I don't dress like this anymore though. I wear black jeans or pants with a button up fake demnin shirt, flannel or loose starwars/firefly/gaming T-shirt and black boots. I also mostly pair this with a navy blue jacket unless its too hot.

If I could without being weirdly formal I would wear black jeans/pants, black boots, white shirt, grey waistcoat and a cravat. I do wear this occasionally but eh its too formal most of the time.

JayDee1212

Oh gosh, well...

As far as pants go, 90% of the time I wear black leggings or yoga pants, because they look good on and go with just about any outfit :) I have the world's flattest butt so  I tend to go for more form-fitting things lol. if it works better with my outfit too sometimes I'll wear skinny jeans, also usually black or sometimes blue. 

As far as tops, I guess my style is sort of preppy-casual? I like bright colors for sure, light colors wash me out! I wear a lot of hot pink and cherry red, just because it definitely goes with my coloring. 

In the winter I like leather boots or fashionable snow boots, that is if I have the energy to not just wear sneakers! I also like a nice stylish black jacket. 

Generally I tend to think simple is best for me anyways! 

I pretty much just wear this combination all year around...

Flannel shirt (usually unbuttoned)

T-shirt with a band or a movie or a cartoon or a video game or something on it

Jeans (or John Cena pants if it's too hot)

Converse

It's a tried and tested formula. I don't like to stray from it.

Rubyballoon

Hmm. I tend to be very boring day to day... My 'uniform' is jeans, converse and a graphic t-shirt. (I get away with it because it's almost gradstudent aesthetic 8)) My converse are always my pop of colour. I have wine ones, teal ones, two pairs of plaid ones, bright pink... My newest are sky blue. http://www.schuh.ie/womens/converse-all-star-dainty-ox-blue-trainers/1924165070/

T-shirts are almost always qwertees, usually a ridiculously nerdy pop culture reference or just a graphic I like. Check them out here: https://www.qwertee.com/ jeans are generally light denim in the summer darker in the winter. 

When it gets really cold during the winter cons usually lose out to boots to keep my toes warm and the big woolly jumpers and cardi's appear... 

J. van Deijck

the cybergoth me is determined to find more amazing t-shirts. :o

Digs_Dead_People

My style:

Spoiler

Lestat-de-Lioncourt-lestat-11898615-450-

However, it's not a very realistic or modern style so I can't wear it.  If I could find modern clothing that was similar then I would be wearing it all of the time, but it's hard as hell to find clothing like that.  So, my current style usually consists of jeans and a t-shirt.  My t-shirts are usually nerd related such as with Batman, Harley Quinn, Joker, South Park, Futurama, Star Wars, etc. Occasionally I'll wear nicer clothing, something that flows a bit along my arms.  Color wise, I go towards black, purples, and blues.  I own one pink shirt, but it's for work.

My goal in life is to be able to afford clothing that's more akin to what Lestat wears because it would fit me best.  Part of it is due to gender and identifying as non-female, but also due to the simple fact that I absolutely love that clothing and it makes me feel happy to think about wearing it.

EmotionalAndroid

My style is very scattered, because I just wear what I like and I have a range of things I like. Overall, it's rather immature, though, besides the things I wear for work. My casual summer wardrobe is far more immature than my winter one, as it is composed of mostly t-shirts with pictures on them or other tops that a 12-year-old would probably wear. My winter wardrobe is mostly sweaters and flannels, which I love. I also wear berets constantly in the winter.

For my more "professional" wardrobe, necklaces and scarves are staples. I feel you can dress anything up by adding a scarf or necklace.

This is the kind of thing I wish I could wear every day. Oh, to have been born in a different era and in a different body. :wub:

0b5c3ba9876201f28d33f1dcf113e1b3--s-mens

I dress for comfort meh kruemelmonster.gif

I have a large collection of football, rugby and cricket shirts which I wear basically on a conveyor belt during the year.

My work environment is semi-casual, so my clothing style varies.

• Shirts: Cotton button-ups in florals or bright prints (casual); tunic tops in solids (business casual)
  • Pants: Black/gray/navy slacks or khakis.  Don't really wear denim anymore.
  • Shoes:  Lately just wearing sneakers because they're comfy and my boss is cool with it.  However, for more dressy days, I wear lace-up ankle boots.

I also love some "menswear" inspired styles, like safari shirts and military boots.

Unfortunately, since college I haven't invested much planning into my wardrobe...it was a scramble to find "business wear", only to figure out it wasn't really necessary.  I wear a lot of black/gray/blue, though my ideal wardrobe would have a lot of earth tones. 

Archived