Clothing styles!

sindi

I wanna hear about your clothing styles... or styles in general! Not just "I dress for comfort, meh", but details, like what colors do you prefer, what exactly you find comfortable, what are you going for with your style, if anything? Does gender expression have any part in your choice of style?

Personally, at the moment, I like to combine some really feminine (less "girly" and more "classy" at the moment) elements, with some tomboyish ones. I think it creates an interesting contrast and has its very own appeal (to me, and that's all that matters :D ). For now, I like to combine dark colors with something colorful, even neon colored (the dark color, usually black, still being the main color). I think I'm going for an impression, that is not too sweet and harmless, even if I'm not afraid of sweet and cute elements. I guess I want to be taken seriously a bit more, not that I'd conform to some boring businesslike style because of that... 

Galactic Turtle

I enjoyed having a uniform throughout my schooldays so once I went to college I kept up the theme of buying multiple things of the same style but in different colors (usually dark colors unless it's white).

Polo shirts (short and long sleeved), turtlenecks, sweaters, a black coat, sometimes a denim jacket, and dress shoes. I alternate between skirts and pants and am a fan of corduroy in both departments. Suho's image below (pictured on the right) from EXO's most recent winter album is basically what I look like on a daily basis. It's such a classic style that I don't consider it to be particularly masculine or feminine. My hair is always pulled back into a tight bun. I like to keep myself covered usually with just my hands, upper part of my neck, and face showing.

I shop mostly at JCrew, LL Bean, Land's End, and Brooks Brothers designating one shopping trip in the fall and one in the spring though typical places like H&M, Forever 21, or Uniqlo also have some basic looks for socks, shirts, and sweaters that I take a chance on if I have to replace something quickly.

Chen-Suho.jpg

My overall style is somewhere between feminine and androgynous, though it sometimes borders on masculine, too. A standard outfit consists of skinny jeans or leggings, an oversized top that is looser and not too form-fitting, whether it's a women's or men's top, and dark ankle boots with an unstructured toe and minimal heel. Sometimes, I'll wear a button-down underneath my main top, and a triangular or long rectangular scarf. I stick with cotton, wool, and linen fabrics, because synthetics make me sweat like a sinner in church. This means that my clothing tends to have a fair amount of texture as opposed to sheen and smoothness, and it looks a little more lived-in once it ages. My colour palette is grey, black, camel, brown, pale baby blue, olive green, and burnt orange. I think the style derives from (a) comfort, as opposed to "showing off my figure for the sake of it", (b) how I want be read as a more gender-neutral person, and (c) my desire to have a select few pieces of clothing that, due to their basic nature and neutral colours, can be combined with many other pieces without forcing me to have a huge wardrobe. I'm trying to find more stores that carry simple styles, because I'm in dire need of some light tops for the warmer months, albeit it's proving difficult due to my small size and selectivity.

Some key pieces:

This top in grey, olive green, and camel

This top in black and grey

This top in tan / oatmeal

This top in white and pale baby blue

This sweater in black and grey

These skinny jeans

This peacoat in black

When I'm wearing a scarf, it's usually thisthis, or this. They add a nice pop of colour without being too excessive for me.

For jewellery, I always wear this watch, and a black pearl necklace that looks similar to this. Then, if I remember to put them on, I'll wear a spinner ring that looks similar to this on my left hand, and a black ace ring on my right hand.

Some photographs that reasonably depict the aforementioned style...

Spoiler

0qLqTpY.jpg

KqMA0PU.jpg

eEX6e3F.jpg

6QwOUAK.jpg

xyJ95rV.jpg

4tDIEpQ.jpg

71aS5xxV6BL._UX695_.jpg

Neat, thank you for going into detail, @Nebulous ! You're style looks really classy and harmonious.

I also love the combination of skinny jeans and a very loose top, and I think my over-the-knee boots (they're not overly feminine, having rounded tips and only tiny heels) suit that combo well! For me, the skinny jeans and the tight boots add the feminine part (even if the boots are a tad bit androgynous imo), while the loose top adds something tomboyish, especially if it's a big hoodie or a baseball jacket or something.

I usually wear dark colors (black, gray, blue, sometimes purple or green/teal), though I also sometimes wear white or pink, and I think I have at least one article of clothing for most colors. I also really love horizontal stripes.

Spoiler

I have a long sleeve shirt kind of like this except I cut the thumb holes myself.

2n865wx.png

Most of the time my style is a simple cami, tank top, T-shirt, or long sleeve shirt. Depending on the weather, skinny jeans with Converse or combat boots, knee high leather boots, or black Ugg boots. Or jean shorts with Converse. Also hoodies and leather jackets when needed.

I also have a few things like this that I wear once on a while.

Spoiler

rtlt8h.png

16i5owp.png

Pretty much the only types of skirts and dresses that I like.

21 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

Hide contents

I have a long sleeve shirt kind of like this except I cut the thumb holes myself.

2n865wx.png

Isn't that the cutest thing! Love those "prison escapee" stripes :D I also like really long shirts in general, as well as long sleeves.

Knight of Cydonia

Pretty much what I wear everyday is a graphic t-shirt (music bands, comic book characters, etc) under a long-sleeve plaid shirt rolled up to the elbow, with black jeans and whatever-coloured converse goes best with the tops (I have black, purple, red, or batman). My style hasn't really changed in about 5 years...

NerotheReaper

i combine classiness, with being bad ass. I know interesting combination but hear me out, I do the classiness to have this mature feeling to me, and to be modest. Then with being a bad ass, I usually show off my tattoos, have a leather jacket on, or have a skull piece of jewelry or shirt. So even though I look 'edgy' some might say I make sure I look classy or mature about it. 

casual:Tshirt/Jeans

Dressy casual:Collared shirt, tshisrt, jeans 

dressy:vest, collared shirt, tie, dress pants 

I also have an entire box full of ties I think I probably have at least 30 neck ties in the box 

Anthracite_Impreza

All my trousers are trackies, all my shirts are t shirts (half car-related, half animals). Unless I'm preparing for a certain thing I literally just grab whatever comes out first. Oh, and from the months of September to May I'm constantly wearing one of my jackets (both of which are from Santa Pod raceway...).

My everyday wear:

Spoiler

olive skinnies, black boots, plaid scarf, and navy cardi #fallfashion:

:

My "I don't really care today" look:

Spoiler

581695ade627ce19a1c4d96798d9afd0.jpg

comfy outfit:

My "trying" attire:

Spoiler

Navy lace:

Tory Burch  Spring 2013 Details:

Perfectly Pointless

My style of clothing is feminine, since I tend to look silly wearing anything that doesn't have shape to it. I tend to wear black or grey super skinnies, with a top that has lace and frills and ribbons and stuff that's considered 'girly'. A lot of my tops are very tight and low cut, too. I tend to wear my black cardie with every outfit, though, because my arms are covered with eczema that looks a bit gross, so I prefer to cover them. I look like a bin bag with legs if I try to wear a baggy jumper or T-shirt. 

I find that I feel much more comfortable in things that make me feel attractive and feminine, physically it is more comfortable to just wear a t shirt, but i feel uncomfortable wearing things that make me feel 'masculine' and lazy looking. 

I own a lot of dresses and skirts, but it's too cold to wear those at the moment ^_^

I love 'gothic' colours and styles of clothes, like purple, black, grey, and red. And I love anything lacey, frilly, and 'elegant'. I also like accessories like lace chokers. 

So, in conclusion, gothic, elegant and feminine? 

(Wow, it's actually pretty hard to describe your clothes, theres quite a lot to consider)

I’m the sort of person who can wear sweatpants any day, everyday. It's more to do with loose fit and the quick-and-easy than actually liking sweatpants in general. I wear uniform for work so sweatpants are great for the short period of time between home and work. Once home after work I usually just forget to change into something else or decide not to change because I'm going to go exercise. 
It's become routine so even on days off I end up going for the sweatpants out of habit. 
Otherwise I like high waist blue jeans and on special occasions I'll wear black trousers.

As for shirts my general rule is anything with long sleeves is A-OK. I love hoodies. 

When I'm in the house and not leaving:

Spoiler

d2d41b0af8585bcd2ebc173f0a808e53.jpg

minus the shoes - I don't wear shoes in the house

41HRR3LDZAL._AC_UL260_SR200,260_.jpg

Band tees or plain tees, Skinny jeans (Always), Converse or vans. For Jackets 80% of the time it'll be my peacoat, other times it will be a denim jacket. I mix it up sometimes and wear a plaid shirt over a tee and/or wear some smart shoes, but usually I'm a mixture of adult and me. :P 

This isn't what I would like to wear, but this is what I'm usually wearing:

Usually: Blue Converse (high top), slim jeans or loose khakis, various T-shirts, unbuttoned flannel or unzipped sweatshirts. Also wear a paracord with the agender flag colors, a bracelet with the asexual colors, rainbow bracelet, pink/grey/purple Miami Beach bracelet, a ring, a watch, two hair ties.

While in business class: Same shoes, same khakis, a polo shirt, a sweatshirt over it, and all those bracelets and the ring.

J. van Deijck

Oooh how have I even missed this thread? *drools*

I'm basically what people call a cybergoth. Or more an industrial goth or something since I kind of lean towards rivetheads.

I usually dress in black + one additional colour (typically neon green, but sometimes also blue or red or purple, or white or olive green or something). I wear combat boots and combat trousers or bondage trousers a lot (I hate skinny jeans and things like that!!!), I also have some of these hairfalls and hair extensions. What I'm missing now is just a good respirator and platform boots.

I enjoy wearing corsets, I guess I'm one of the few males who like it. I also like tank tops and arm warmers, or fishnets. For jewelry, I wear a dog tag and two barbed wire chokers, sometimes I add other things.

I also wear make up. I pay attention to the colours choice that matches the rest of my outfit.

Funny thing, I also like black hoodies. 

In the spoiler there are some components of my style in pictures. [warning: pic heavy]

tumblr_ogsudyXyPN1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojq1cxiEkq1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojojvmFEwr1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojl78pgIyq1upic5ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_oh7kj4NeFc1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojdu5yflnK1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj4ev8KUtv1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocqtqpKhGF1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oe0cn5UOG51upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oi4y2oc5SN1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oihgpns8Uw1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oiygdqambX1uukziqo1_1280.jpg

Selvedge Raw Denim jeans from Jean Shop or Naked&Famous

Long Sleeved or Short Sleeved (depending on weather) from Quiksilver, Banana Republic, Eton or Scotch&Soda

Shoes from HugoBoss, GStarRaw, ColeHaan or AllenEdmond

Toque or Hat (depending on season) from Goorin Bros

Underoos from Marks&Spencer (they make the best)

Wrist watch: Either Nomos Glashütte or Casio Gshock (depending on activity)

• 2 months later...
J. van Deijck

can I poke this interesting thread? *pokes thread*

I may add the brands I like the most. So. I have a corset from Phaze, a corset and trousers from Dead Threads, and also trousers from Banned and Alcatraz, and I'm going to have a corset from Alcatraz, too. I'm not sure which brand are my favourite arm warmers, but I love them to death, they are so warm and comfortable, and beautiful. :wub: I also tend to buy in thrift stores because I can always find something awesome there for almost free :D I even have two favourite pieces of clothing from Sinsay and Esprit (two rather popular and 'mainstream' brands, but I love them and I think they overall match my style quite well :D).

Some of my clothes or jewelry etc. have been made by myself.

I just forgot to add that I absolutely hate tight clothes. the only tight clothes I truly enjoy wearing are corsets, I would never ever wear skinny jeans or anything like this. actually when it comes to trousers, the more baggy, the better for me.

IceHurricane

My style is pretty much all over the place. I wear both masculine and feminine clothing. Nothing fancy or dressy though. No suits, dresses, skirts, button up shirts (besides flannel), things like that. Today I wore a guys black and white shirt with tree designs (with a sports bra to minimize my boobs since it's a guys shirt), yoga pants, a grey gaming snapback and DC shoes. The day before that I wore camoflague pyjama pants I sometime wear as regular pants and a form fitted green shirt with a push up bra and my black Supernatural beanie.

I usually follow this rule of wearing one tight thing and one loose thing. So, if I wear a baggy t-shirt, I'll wear skinny jeans, or if I wear loose fitting pants, I'll wear a form fitting top. I wear sweaters a lot too, and a leather jacket. I'll wear pretty much anything as long as the outfit matches tbh. I'm working on wearing more dressy stuff. Like, I'm not opposed to the idea, it's just not something I normally wear so I have to get used to it. I try not to wear things that would make me stand out. I often base my style off of Pinterest or young people I see around me. I also wear lots of hats. 

I don't like brands very much, so I also really don't like the Nike trend that is going on recently. Especially teens who buy expensive brand shit. But meh. 

On 04/02/2017 at 8:35 PM, Knight of Cydonia said:

Pretty much what I wear everyday is a graphic t-shirt (music bands, comic book characters, etc) under a long-sleeve plaid shirt rolled up to the elbow, with black jeans and whatever-coloured converse goes best with the tops (I have black, purple, red, or batman). My style hasn't really changed in about 5 years...

I'm a bit like this. I have a lot of t shirts because I ordered them online over the years. All male versions because I love loose shirts. In winter I tend to wear these shirts with a longsleeve underneath or hoodies. I prefer dark-ish colours. (hello, past-goth!me). I own basically two pairs of shoes for this season and both are converse (one fake, 10yo and really worn out, but still wearable if not for work and one real, black, not even 1 year old and more broken than the fake ones... seriously?!)

For pants... ugh. I HATE shopping for pants, but I tend to get holes in unfortunate places. Straight cut or skinny. Mostly black or dark grey.

For example, right now I'm wearing my black converse, black skinny-ish pants, a wine red shirt referencing Harry Potter and a purple/black plaid shirt over it.

Oh! And my favourite jacket is this one from the male section of h&m:

776282513a2fd58b48bfb7a3d733965a.jpg

Mine is more of a greenish grey though. :3

Félinferno

I usually just wear T-shirts and jeans. Sometimes I'll wear other types of pants as well, but only really at home.

Most of my t-shirts have prints on them, including Pokemon, Game of Thrones, and Star Wars, and other various things (like eagles and skulls). I also have a few tie-dyed shirts as well.

SamwiseLovesLife

Everyday (personal life)- trainers/boots, harems black/green, 'grandad' shirt/loose shirt/T-shirt blue/green/black, Cardigan/Jumper/Coat if cold, Eagle necklace (made of stone and string)

Everyday (work)- trainers (smart black), black trousers, Blue shirt

At home- Slippers, Harems/shorts, T-shirt/vest top

Overall.. Hippie? That's what my friends/family say :)

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, mania said:

I tend to wear these shirts with a longsleeve

forgot to add, I do it as well sometimes. 

I like layers in my clothes, so if it's not too hot outside or something, I can wear two tank tops for example, one visible under another one. and t-shirts over the long sleeve, this is one of the things I've been doing since middle school and it hasn't changed. :D

3 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

can I poke this interesting thread? *pokes thread*

I may add the brands I like the most. So. I have a corset from Phaze, a corset and trousers from Dead Threads, and also trousers from Banned and Alcatraz, and I'm going to have a corset from Alcatraz, too. I'm not sure which brand are my favourite arm warmers, but I love them to death, they are so warm and comfortable, and beautiful. :wub: I also tend to buy in thrift stores because I can always find something awesome there for almost free :D I even have two favourite pieces of clothing from Sinsay and Esprit (two rather popular and 'mainstream' brands, but I love them and I think they overall match my style quite well :D).

*quietly writes down names of all these to go on a buying spree later* :ph34r: 

J. van Deijck
30 minutes ago, Ricchan said:

*quietly writes down names of all these to go on a buying spree later* :ph34r: 

...have I made a good deed? :D

I can just add that I visited both Hot Topic and Cryoflesh online shops and haven't found anything interesting in either. :ph34r: and I had hope in Cryoflesh actually.

I'm still thinking about visiting Cyberdog store, but I'm afraid their prices won't be good for my poor heart. ._.

I like to dress comfortable in black. I've recently decided that pants made with anything other than stretchy material is worthless.  I tend to wear lots of sweatshirts and yoga pants, either with black keds or black combat boots because my days off don't usually take me anywhere fancy and work tires me out pretty bad. I used to like wearing pencil skirts or a-line dresses (always in black) with heels but not that's reserved for fancy occasions. Its mighty as fuck hard to look nice in heels when you're tired. 

This is one of my favorite skirts: 

http://plumyy.tumblr.com/image/135202367970

I'd post more recent pictures of myself but I'm at work. Perhaps later in the aven photo thread. 

J. van Deijck

@Peachyy that skirt is awesome, may my sister see this picture? (she would most likely wear such kind of a skirt :3)

1 hour ago, UVB-76 said:

@Peachyy that skirt is awesome, may my sister see this picture? (she would most likely wear such kind of a skirt :3)

Sure 😛

Archived