Do asexuals (including anything under that umbrella term: gray, demi..) find abs, neck(?), veins(?), cleavage, men's v-cut SEXY?

Sherrinford

10 hours ago, the consulting asexual said:

I wouldn't use the word "sexy" for anything (except when I'm teasing friends or siblings).   I don't tend to find "classically" attractive people all that pleasing.  However, I do find some people visually striking.  Leaner sparingly muscled guys with long hair or girls with shorter hair and piercings.  I also really like prominent noses for some reason.  I think my aesthetic tastes are partly do to my artistic leanings as I enjoy drawing intresting people.  But I'd have to say that an intresting personality is much more important.  

I like your profile pic! Victor? ☺

the consulting asexual
2 hours ago, Sherrinford said:

I like your profile pic! Victor? ☺

Yup😊 

I don't really use the term sexy (aside from sarcasticly) because of the connotations. If I use the term I probably wouldn't be using is correctly, I'd be using it to describe something aesthetically pleasing not really sexually appealing. I do find certain parts of people more aesthetically pleasant than others but the term sexy has never really seemed fitting.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:33 AM, Sherrinford said:

I'm just curious as to whether some body parts which others find sexy are also sexy to asexuals. Since aesthetic attraction exists, this may be true, that it is sexy indeed. But i'm asking to the point that whether it lights a spark or turns them on (not sexually), but makes them desire the person?

Thanks for those who will answer.

Being attracted to or finding someone attractive  can be totally unrelated to sex.

For example, I find babies and certain types of animals like dogs and horses, etc to be extremely attractive and eye appealing.  But sex never factors into the equation.

Tbh I find the things you mention aesthetically interesting in the sense that the anatomy of human beings can be so beautiful in a brutal sort of way. Like, out of all the things you've mentioned I think veins are the most fascinating - mostly in the sense that I enjoy seeing patterns of blood flowing through translucent skin.

It's aesthetically pleasing to me in the way that anatomical drawings of the circulatory system are aesthetically pleasing in my eyes, but also in a more visceral way in that if you touch one firmly, you can stop the flow of blood and watch it start again and I think it's kind of cool. (???)

I don't think "sexy" would be the way I would describe that sort of attraction though. I wouldn't walk into a body worlds exhibition and think "wow hot" :'D

cristalfleurs

I wouldn't say sexy for reasons that have already been stated, but I do like a couple of those things aesthetically. Like, I find cleavage aesthetically attractive sometimes, but that's as far as the interest goes. I mean, the way society portrays things, I think it's conditioned into many people (not everyone, but many) to find them attractive on some level.

Past that, I have a vague idea of what other people consider "sexy," but my interest is little or none.

• 2 weeks later...

i've got an appreciation for legs but sometimes i wonder if it isn't because i'm short and wish my own legs were longer and had better muscle definition.. hard to tell.

side note- i know 3 people that find veins sexy, usually when someone has been working out or doing cardio and they're veins and arteries are inflamed. i think that isn't abnormal at all if you think of it from a biological standpoint perhaps. it's an indication that this person is physically active/capable and healthy, and therfore a good genetic choice for a mate. this is a subconscious thought of course (unless the person finding the veins sexy is consciously assumimg the veined-person is physically capable in bed or have past experience with sexual partners sporting popping veins during physically-taxing sex), so it can sound really odd expressed out of context, especially to people like ourselves. i could be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...

Asexuality isn't an umbrella term, it's one thing; not desiring sex.

TheCatBehind

I know what sexy means and what is perceived as sexy, so yes, I would say chiselled muscles are hawt or something, though I usually wonder more how touching/having them would feel... But no turining on for me, no.