Disturbing sexual stories we've read in class. (Trigger Warning)

Aromantic Asexual

I've have to read three different books with rape scenes for class when I was in high school.

Spoiler

- "O Ateneu", by Raul Pompeia ("The Athenaeum"): Set in all-boys school where the older boys would rape the younger ones.

- "Capitães da Areia", by Jorge Amado ("Captains of the Sands"): A teenage boy stumbles upon a girl he thinks is hot and decided he will have sex with her. She begs him not to rape her because she is a virgin but he says no, then they "agree" that he will anally rape her so she doesn't lose her virginity.

- "O Cortiço", by Aluísio de Azevedo ("Cortiço" doesn't really have a translation to English. Maybe "The Slum"?): A female sex worker lures a 18 year old girl to her room and rapes her.

These are also considered classic literature where I live, so it's mandatory reading in high school.

On 2/1/2017 at 5:35 PM, AVEN #1 fan said:

Well, that's how Romantist writers used to please their readers. Nothing is purely explicit.

Lol, I think AVEN is like the most inappropriate place for me to impersonate Realist and Naturalist writers. People would probably get angry and grossed.

I'm angry and grossed but i find this funny.

Freakin literature. 😝😐😋

I read this entire thread. There went my appetite.

Not really surprised that humans would write things like this, to be honest. My faith in our race vanished eons ago. :v

Archived