What's so wrong with being a virgin? (Sorry if grammar is weird, I've been sick for a while)

Aromantic Asexual

Aromantic Asexual

It's come to my attention a long long time ago that people generally 

look down on virgins. Why? Even people who are virgins themselves think they're weird. Take my 23 year old sister for example. She's a virgin, but people don't judge her for it. Why? Well...when you can't say more than about 5 words plus the alphabet unclearly...it wouldn't exactly be consensual.......................

Okay, my point is, they shouldn't judge us who don't have an excuse.

Why are they so concerned if we have sex anyway? What's so wrong with being a virgin? (Have to stop typing, I'm so dizzy.)

I have no clue. I think it'd be best to ask this in a non ace forum.

Maybe they think you don't have the ability to woo a partner to bed?

There's no way to tell by looking at someone, no matter how closely, whether or not they're a virgin.

A lot of people are concerned about the date of other's "sexual debut". I think it might be because they experience sex as such a positive and enjoyable thing, that those who haven't yet partaken are seen as weird for not having tried it yet.

As a virgin you can get sacrificed by satanism in a ritual.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Aromantic Asexual said:

Okay. I'm just legitimately confused right now. @AVEN #1 fan

Old timey creepy rituals demanded the sacrifice of virgins bc their purity.

Society makes virginity a commodity yet also shames them as losers. If you ask this in an NRA type forum you'll probably get some very bigoted responses as misogynists believe they are entitled to sole ownership of a woman's body. 

27 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Old timey creepy rituals demanded the sacrifice of virgins bc their purity.

I didn't realize the Aztecs were "old timey" LOL ;)

The fact that some of us virgins are joking around about it shows we've pretty much gotten past it.

Anthracite_Impreza

You never heard of rituals requiring virgins @Aromantic Asexual? It's a staple of supernatural drama and horror ;)

2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You never heard of rituals requiring virgins @Aromantic Asexual? It's a staple of supernatural drama and horror ;)

5574006+_939d36c6692fe8ad9200255778635b2

Anthracite_Impreza

It's not all bad, we're the only ones who can go near unicorns without being gored.

f403251233b8b1cff0ebeb9d896a2808.jpg

Look how happy it is! :D 

I don't think that's a good example. Virgins exist, unicorns don't, kind of like my fantasies ;)

A long build-up of social norms inspired by a mythical and religious concept.

I find the answer to most 'why are things like this?' questions have to do with social norms. Some of which their origins can be traced and some can't. There are a lot of stupid, useless things we do, say, and think because we were either raised by our families to think they were normal/expected, or by the environment around us. 

It takes some time and real searching inward to even begin to stop caring about societal expectations.

Also, don't be dizzy, AA! Are you alright?

Anthracite_Impreza
3 minutes ago, will123 said:

I don't think that's a good example. Virgins exist, unicorns don't, kind of like my fantasies ;)

Technically there's no physical meaning to virginity either ;)

52 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Reminds me of Jennifer's Body xD

I used to know a male about a decade ago that had had homosexual sex before but didn't consider themselves as having lost their virginity until they had sex with a woman. 

1 hour ago, Akui++ said:

I used to know a male about a decade ago that had had homosexual sex before but didn't consider themselves as having lost their virginity until they had sex with a woman. 

That's a new one.

Pagan rituals are so common these days; better lose your virginity so you can't be an eligible sacrifice. Never know when those pesky Satanists will come knockin' on your door 🔥😈🔥. /s

It's always hilarious when people try to insult you by calling you a "virgin," like it's some sort of terrible stigmata. Don't stand too close to me or I might shed my virginity germs on you, ooOoOooOohhhh. *ghostly wail* 👻. Oh wait, that's not even remotely close to how it works at all.

7 hours ago, will123 said:

But Unicorns are the national animal of Scotland, while virgins aren't one for any country!

Back in topic, an allosexual who knows I'm ace said once to me. At least I don't care I'm a virgin, unlike the losers who wants to lose it but can't.

Thought that came to my mind though, will we be some of the terrorists 72 virgins that they keep talking about?

It's seen as being unable to get laid, rather than not wanting to. Since, obviously everyone is trying to lose it so if you haven't, it means you can't...

Which is a silly way to look at it. Personally, I am not a virgin, haven't been since 15. But, there is nothing wrong with being one. I don't regret "losing" mine, I loved the guy and it taught me things about myself. But, if you have no reason to have sex, then you have no reason to have sex. *shrug* 

Because people with low self-esteem are generally scumbags and they'll do anything to make themselves feel better.That's why they result to petty insults like virgin shaming for example.It's a disgusting behavior and it's saying everything you need to know about the person who acts like that.And last and not least virginity is a social constract,how can you lose something when it doesn't even exit to begin with??People like that are nobodies and haven't accomplished anything in their pathetic lifes and that's why they act like they having sex is something worthy of boasting,when in reality it's not,everyone can have sex if they want to.

For men, it's assumed that they are unable to attract women. For women, it means they are denying something men should be entitled to.

19 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You realise it's a rhino, right? ;)

Better than a goat with a birthday candle tied to its noggin.

17 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

As a virgin you can get sacrificed by satanism in a ritual.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that must be it. 

Archived