Aromantics, do you fantasize about romantic relationships (poll)

helana12_03

Aromantics, do you fantasize about romantic relationships (poll)  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fantasize about romantic relationships

• I'm aromantic and I fantasize about romantic situations that involve me and other people
    • I'm aromantic and I fantasize about romantic situations that don't involve me
    • I'm not aromantic
    • Other - please leave a comment below
    • I'm aromantic and I don't fantasize about romantic situations

On February 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Snow Cone said:

I basically fantasize about being a cold-hearted bitch to people in love with me. :lol:

I've seen you do this in practice :P Never change

• 4 weeks later...
SamwiseLovesLife
On 30/01/2017 at 10:38 AM, ohdearIzzy said:

Well, I love reading romantic stories and ship several non-canon couples... so, I guess the 2nd option fits me.

I totally relate to this. I am unsure of my romantic orientation, anywhere from homoromantic to grey-homoromantic, demi-homoromantic or even aromantic. Totally ship romance though :)

I'm aro ace and find myself fantasizing about certain romantic situations but there's a catch. The romantic fantasies I have only make up about 10% of a whole relationship. If I where to have a romantic partner I would be happy 10% of the time and completely miserable 90% of the time. I enjoy fantasizing for what it is, fantasy. 

SamwiseLovesLife
On 27/02/2017 at 4:47 AM, Snow Cone said:

I don't fantasize about situations I want to be in. I just make up stories in my head. It's infrequent that they involve me, but some of them do, and they involve romantic situations. But I never really feel romantically towards anyone in them. I basically fantasize about being a cold-hearted bitch to people in love with me. :lol:

I feel like this :)

I don't honestly think I've ever felt real romantic feelings but I still enjoy the idea of it; I read romances sometimes and enjoy those so long as they are not too sichophantic. Mostly I just enjoy the idea of two (or more) people finding someone who compliments their personality well.

dragon_nerd

Yes, I have fancied about being in a romantic relationship. Do I want to be in one, I don't think so, a QPR maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...
LuciferBarrio

I maybe be aro not sure or grey I fantasize about romantic relationships but it the end I think I have never been in love or have a crush, not sure.

Static-Kitten

Well this depends on the context, If I reading a book and there charter is in a romantic relationship I would start to day dream about the concept. If I watching a film or TV and the charters look to be enjoying them self I would quite happily start to think maybe one day this would suit me. The fictional idea of romantic relationship in the above is great as it only last a short period of time say 5mins which I can tolerate but any longer and I would get bored. I love the idea of one and we live in a world where the concept is publish a lot in the media.  So I not sure if that make me more of grey than an aro.

Having found out late in my life I was an ace i have been in relationships and I some time think about them when I people watching in  Pub or at the bus stop. But do I get enjoyment form it no, do I start to think would it be nice to a relationship yes but with out the romance.

Static-Kitten
43 minutes ago, tags said:

sometimes I fantasize about saving someone or being someone's hero in a non romantic way

That a common one that I used to have it called White Knight Syndrome.

I'm demiromantic and I have romantic fantasies. But since I'm not 100% aromantic that kinda makes sense.

Romance is fun in my head. I too make up stories mostly involving made up characters and sometimes involving me. I find it boring IRL though.

• 3 weeks later...
ResistanceFighter

i love reading fanfiction and fantasizing about romantic relationships but they never include me as myself and I can't imagine myself in a romantic relationship.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I'm ficto-romantic but aromantic for real life situations. I used to be in love with a someone IRL but sincce we broke up last year I can't image to be with someone else ever again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aro in practice but I like to fantasize about having an intense connection with a fictional character, most often it's sexual though, I also use a fictional version of me to do so, so it's somewhere between options 1 and 2.

I also love to think of fictional friends, I also use a fictional version of me.

But somehow they are disconnected, I can't combine the two in one person.

There's the one that I use as a projection of desire and I feel a strong connection but I can't fantasize about romantic gestures ? I try though but it doesn't come naturaly to me

And I don't fantasize about friendship with that person ?

Like there's a barrier between the two.

Archived