Aromantics, do you fantasize about romantic relationships (poll)

helana12_03

Aromantics, do you fantasize about romantic relationships (poll)  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fantasize about romantic relationships

• I'm aromantic and I fantasize about romantic situations that involve me and other people
    • I'm aromantic and I fantasize about romantic situations that don't involve me
    • I'm not aromantic
    • Other - please leave a comment below
    • I'm aromantic and I don't fantasize about romantic situations

I just watched a documentary that said that some asexuals fantasize about sexual situations. Personally I don't but I do find myself fantasizing about romantic situations sometimes. I'm just curious to know whether there are other aromantics who fantasize about romantic situations or relationships that you may or may not be part of in your fantasy (you could fantasize about other people in romantic situations). 

I chose the first option. I'm aro ace, and sometimes I fantasize about romantic situations. It never involves people that I know in real life, though.

Well probably anyone who is both aro and aegoromantic fits for the second option.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I am gray aromantic,sometimes I fantasize about being in a romantic relationship. Would I like to be in one...? Meh :/ open to it...but prefer to stay single.

Galactic Turtle

I think I might possibly be aromantic. I fantasize about having someone to come home to but feel uncomfortable at the thought of having someone look at me in a romantic way like I see between some couples I know. I really enjoy the familial type of love. I also write some stories that have romantic components. I think people connecting that way can be really powerful... it's just not something that would fit me personally... I think.

I choose other, because I still don't have a label, but when I fantasize with me, I can't get nowhere. I get bored after a hug or something like that. Actually the only stuff I can imagine is hugging and being hugged and occasionally sitting on the floor between someone's legs and the other way around. More than that is a mystery to me and this are stuff I do with my family, so still platonic. 

However, if I'm not in the fantasy, like when I use my ships, I can use all kinds of romantic cliches and do great romantic stories in my mind. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Nope.

I mostly want a QPR, but I do think I'd enjoy a relationship where I have QPR feelings and my partner has romantic feelings. And yes, I fantasize occasionally about the partner I could have. But I try not to think about it because I don't think it'll happen.  

I'm aro and think about romance (including and excluding myself) so often it's almost as if I'm not aro :ph34r:

penny_dreadful

I don't, I use try picturing myself in relationships when I was still figuring stuff out and it just made me feel very gross and awkward. :P I can picture myself with a platonic partner, but no sexual/romantic things happening.

I wouldn't say I fantasize about a relationship involving myself or others. However I have an idea for a story (fantasy andventure) and it does involve a romance in it which I want to get round to writing and see how it turns out (not a writter so that may not the best thing in the world :D). Sort of know it goes but I'm intrigued by it.

So for that reason I put other as I don't thinl I can fully say i don't bit don't think that I can say I do either.

cherrytoppikkins

Personally, i do not fantasize about dating with other people, but i do however like watching couples (who are my friends) and think they are cute together. I have however imagined but quickly discard the idea after i think about it for a while, never minding the gender of the person. I do have to say that fictional character are A++++ 

I like to write romantic things sometimes, and I also have thought about myself in romantic situations. However, in the latter case it quickly becomes clear that I would be very, VERY uncomfortable acting out those situations in real life.

I fantasize about romantic situations that don't involve me, and here's the thing: I sometimes like reading about it, but even though I love writing, I hardly ever write about romantic situations. I don't know if me writing it makes it too close for comfort.

I ship a lot of people but the second I have the potential to be involved...ew :P

I'm aroflux and I'm fantasizing about romantic relationships most of the time, but the times in which I'm aro, I still fantasize without wanting to be involved in that kind of situation. I just don't fantasize the times I'm romance repulsed.

Hermit Advocate

I fantasize about having a close relationship with someone, but without all of the gooey, lovey dovey crap. Basically a QPR. 

I sometimes fantasize about being in a romantic relationship but the things I imagine are quite platonic, in a way that you could probably replace this other person with a close friend and it would look okay, maybe a little awkward depending on a person, but generaly kinda ok. And I realized lately that I probably wouldn't be comfortable if someone touched me in a romantic way or behaved towards me romantically.

Not exactly the same but I am capable of fantasizing about sex even though I wouldn't be interested in the reality.  I just mean, I think if we're not actually repulsed, we can fantasize about things we might not do in reality.  
But then I suppose I could imagine asparagus that tastes like chocolate, it's all just in the imagination.  That's what I'm doing really, picturing sex as causing feelings in me that it probably would not.  
I fantasize about loving and being loved, even though I'm not sure I can "fall madly in love" in the traditional romantic sense.  I would like to be able to, though. 

Yes and no. I'll elaborate, lol. I'm not able to of my own volition. I used to "fantasize" when I was a kid and going to church because I was taught that I'm supposed to be in a relationship when I grow up. These thoughts caused me extreme depression. When I stopped thinking about it depression stopped. So it's always religion-related for me, it's not mine. What I do fantasize about is touch. Kissing, hugging. Can picture sex too but I'm mostly thinking about all the other things - outercourse, as someone called it in other thread.

Sometimes I've fantasized about romantic situations that involve. My mind just wanders with plenty of what-if scenarios, taking a break from what I usually fantasize about (cyberpunk stuff and adventures in a world that's not Earth). My romantic orientation though...is still debatable. The only thing I can confirm is that I'm gray-something.

I'm not too sure if I'm aromantic or grey-romantic... But I thought that this is an interesting poll/discussion.

On 1/30/2017 at 0:35 AM, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

I am gray aromantic,sometimes I fantasize about being in a romantic relationship. Would I like to be in one...? Meh :/ open to it...but prefer to stay single.

This, I feel like I can relate the most to.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I go from being romantic to homoromantic and platonic. I how ever do not want a relationship since I like my freedom and have no need to worry about anything. 

nerdperson777

I have shipped before, probably for the "wrong" reasons.  I can only think of having three ships ever.  The first one, I just wanted to read more stories about the character I liked, rather than actually wanting to see the character with the main character.  The second and third were from the same series, and shipping one person with two different people.  The second was more to encourage my friend's lesbian ship.  My friend plays the role of one character and her fiancee plays the girl to be shipped.  The third ship was my favorite guy character with my friend's character.  I shipped it to further the bond I had with my friend.  They two were shipped in canon so I could definitely find some artwork of them together.  My problem was trying to find images that weren't of a romantic (or sexual) nature.  But I'm surprised by the scarceness of sexual pics of them even though it was implied in the story that they had sex to regain energy.  There are many pictures online of them kissing but I download the ones where they hold hands or hug.  But in response to the poll, these aren't things I fantasize.

I don't fantasize about situations I want to be in. I just make up stories in my head. It's infrequent that they involve me, but some of them do, and they involve romantic situations. But I never really feel romantically towards anyone in them. I basically fantasize about being a cold-hearted bitch to people in love with me. :lol:

Archived