how do you feel when someone views your profile?

cooliocool

How do you feel when someone views your profile?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

• Nothing
    • Happy
    • Annoyed
    • Uncomfortable
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't see who visited my profile. It was set that way when we moved to the new server, and I didn't even look into changing it.

I have about 1400 profile views, and probably about 75% of those came during a 3-4 month period where I had a picture of myself as an avatar. So yeah, I found that kind of uncomfortable tbh. Other than that, I don't think about it much.

I can't find a way to look at someone's profile if they don't make a post on forum or show up in chat. If they make a post on forum, they said something about themselves in public, so I sometimes get curious about what else they want to say. Because pretty much everything in a profile is optional, so I assume that anything a member puts in their profile is something they want to say to other members. If they come to chat it's different, but I probably talked to them while I was there, and they can look at my profile same as I can look at theirs. I don't see a problem.

straightouttamordor

Well, they maybe just curious or browsing. If I don't get a message from them, that's probably the case. Perhaps they may be shy and wanting the other to respond to their viewing ?  I don't get my knickers in a twist over it which ever the case. 

You kind of get a feel for it and it becomes intuative.

Happy, I guess. Look at me!

I feel happy? I think its cool people look at my profile, I Am also a bit disappointed it sucks.

If its mods though, then I am having a panic attack because I am worried about bans. 

There's a certain someone I'm gonna miss seeing snooping on my profile. Oh well.

I guess it's alright. I think it's pretty cool to see who's interested in knowing more about me, or viewing an update status.

Although it's no fun if it's someone I've had an argument with and they are using my profile to get one up on me. Luckily, I don't think that has happened. But it has in other places. 

Guest And Peggy
4 minutes ago, Tofu God said:

I feel happy? I think its cool people look at my profile, I Am also a bit disappointed it sucks.

If its mods though, then I am having a panic attack because I am worried about bans. 

^This.

nothing.  on the other hand, i feel super paranoid about people seeing that i've looked at their profile.  that's why i removed the profile views feed from mine. :) 

i honestly don't notice. for some reason on the old forums the profile view didn't work for me. now that it does, sometimes I do look at teh visitors, but half of them are people I don't know very well, and really it's just whatevs. anyone can view my profile if they want. 

if I'm looking at someone's profile it's pretty much either because I don't recognize the name but wonder if it is someone I should know and am trying to figure that out, or it's because I'm curious about what they've said on their profile for some reason. 

Delete account please
2 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

I often wonder why the same people keep looking at mine.

^

to see if you're really Bernie Sanders?😁😁

Joe the Stoic
1 minute ago, saskatchewan asexual said:

^

I'm as close as you're gonna get on AVEN.

Delete account please
7 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

I often wonder why the same people keep looking at mine.

^

Keep up the good work Mr. Sanders👍

I used to feel happy that someone had acknowledged my existence, which is not very usual. But then I remembered that when I visit someone's profile, it's mostly because I tried to like a post, but I ended up accidentally clicking on someone's profile (I hate touchscreen!). Now I don't feel happy about it anymore. :wacko:

When it's an admod I try to think of what I could've done to fuck up. :unsure:

I'm usually on my iPad so I look at a lot of profiles on accident. I don't even bother to read them usually. 

I've never looked at who has looked at my profile. What's the big deal anyway? :wacko:

Joe the Stoic
15 hours ago, Just like Jughead said:

Don't you have to constantly check your own profile to see who's looked at it? Isn't that obsessive?

I often end up on my profile page to see how my current feed looks or when I am editing it.

I don't feel much. Cool, I guess? I dunno, I don't think it means much of anything.

Happy, and extremely curious as to what prompted the visit. I don't like when people know that I've viewed their profiles, though; too Orwellian for my blood. I like being invisible. So I'm usually logged in as such.

Usually nothing. Very rarely, I might start to wonder "Why did they visit my profile? Curiosity? Wrong click?", but then I just ditch those thoughts.

Archived