Favorite Flower?

Hermit Advocate

LibelulaMortis

If Venus Flytraps count(?) though I keep killing them :/ I can't keep plants alive to save my life.

I can think of flower things I like but I mostly don't know the words for the flowers >_>

Here is something I know, Wysteria:

018bd8a36b60777c84de9c78ffff28ae_l.jpg

Edit: I think there are also Sakura in the background which I also like a lot... but not all of the flowers I like are tree flowers!

10 hours ago, LibelulaMortis said:

If Venus Flytraps count(?) though I keep killing them :/ I can't keep plants alive to save my life.

I thought they were supposed to keep themselves alive. :huh:

Probably Passionflowers.

5705d391f84362932934789fb6286662.jpg

2 hours ago, Tja said:

I thought they were supposed to keep themselves alive. :huh:

I think you have to feed a Venus flytrap unless your house has a lot of bugs.  But I really don't know shit about them and have never owned one myself.

2 hours ago, ~Syl~ said:

Probably Passionflowers.

5705d391f84362932934789fb6286662.jpg

Looks like a blue jellyfish to me.

1 minute ago, Muledeer said:

Looks like a blue jellyfish to me.

That's the best part. :]

Wood violets!

wood-violet.jpg

Dandelions!

I like the name, which sounds like "dandy lions", but comes from the French for teeth of lions (I think). I like the yellow color when they are at that stage. I like the puffy white form when they're ready to seed. I like that they grow well in various places, even though some people consider them weeds. And you can eat the greens or make wine with them (although I don't do either). A field of dandelions seems like a nice peaceful place to relax and daydream. :)

Plum Flowers

15638821-plum-flower-blossom-Stock-Photo

Peach

peach_tree_in_bloom_by_dragonladyslair-d

Lotus Flowers, also the root is tasty.

Lotus-7.jpg

And no collection would be complete without

Snap-Dragon-Pods-225x300.jpg?resize=225,

I like phalaes that are black; people usually call them phalaenopsis orchids; but I call them phalaes for short.

Phalaes have been used in my imagination to name one of my characters.  Phytal (Fee - tal); but none of her sorcery categories are vegetation at all.  Dragon, Electricity, Speed & Manipulation.  Yet, for some odd reason, phalaes helped me develop that name.

This is the prettiest black & white phalae I've ever seen but it's ruined by the water marks & stuff.  I like how they look like aliens ready for another host.

black-white-phalaenopsis-orchid-23807733

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, daveb said:

Dandelions!

I like the name, which sounds like "dandy lions", but comes from the French for teeth of lions (I think). I like the yellow color when they are at that stage. I like the puffy white form when they're ready to seed. I like that they grow well in various places, even though some people consider them weeds. And you can eat the greens or make wine with them (although I don't do either). A field of dandelions seems like a nice peaceful place to relax and daydream. :)

@daveb, this one's for you!

Spoiler

017_08.jpg

The orchid conservatory I volunteer at got these low growing Dendrobiums the other day, but I can't remember the exact name. They were so cute though.

cut-orchids-dendrobium-orchids-white-pin

This is the closest picture to them I can find. : (

On January 29, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Hey you in the corner said:

What is your favorite flower? 

Mine is a sunflower.

I really like sunflowers as well, but I've got a soft spot for trout liliestlily.jpg

Probably cherry blossoms. We used to have cherry blossom trees in front of our house in my childhood home.

Adam_Jensen

Call me old fashioned but I like roses.

Strawberry ice cream

Me too, because they have thorns.

6 hours ago, Strawberry ice cream said:

Me too, because they have thorns.

Technically those are prickles, not thorns.

Rose "thorns" are actually modified epidermal growths (similar to hairs!) that are used for protection. Thorns originate from the axillary (side) buds of plants and are therefore modified branches (or stems). If you look at a honey locust, you will find branched thorns (that look like hardcore tiny antlers). 

Spines are modified leaves. This is what cacti have.

But ALL of them are sharp, pointy, and great.

• 3 weeks later...
BobRossRules
On 1/29/2017 at 8:06 AM, Hey you in the corner said:

What is your favorite flower? 

Mine is a sunflower.

Me too!!

Sunflower-with-sunglasses.jpg

Archived