Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

dragon_nerd

Maybe she always go's to the coffee place he works at so they get to know each other...

• Like 1
PurplePaper
20 hours ago, AntiSocial-Butterfly said:

I'm so in love with Teen Coroner, I've just kinda been watching and silently grinning over all of this. But I think it would be a good idea to have a separate space for Teen Coroner things once they've been decided, and just mention at the top for anyone new that this is where it started from. 

I totally think that some artist should at least make a comic out of this or something, and have a place on here where people can all read it or something. I'd really like to see this actually go somewhere. 

But anyway, just brainstorming. I love where you guys are taking this!

Ooo that would be awesome. Goodness I haven't dropped by in a while.. And just skimming through made me hungry with all the cakes and sweets and stuff.

• Like 3

On Tuesday, June 06, 2017 at 11:48 AM, PurplePaper said:

Ooo that would be awesome. Goodness I haven't dropped by in a while.. And just skimming through made me hungry with all the cakes and sweets and stuff.

It looks like I'm not the only one admiring those wonderful cakes!:cake:

• Like 3
On 2017-6-6 at 5:52 AM, untrACEable_bAROsaur said:

A fateful coffee spill? He messes up her order at a job he's working? Forced school partners? They were in the same orphanage when they were young, and they meet years later, and she feels the need to repay him for some small, inconsequential act of kindness he did for her now that she got adopted by a super rich family! THE POSSIBILITIES!!

Or. Maybe he's homeless and starving so tries to rob her. During the robbery he passes out from exhaustion so she takes him to a hospital. One night, while aimlessly wandering he stumbles into the morgue where he comes across the hospitals coroner examining a body. He becomes so fascinated with dead bodies and murders that he spends all his time in the hospital researching it. Upon his release the girl he attempted to rob begins to realise how intelligent he is so invites him back to her house to meet her father. After the meeting it is decided that he is to be sent to a special school where he can obtain a medical degree. However the night before he leaves he discovers that the girls father is a human trafficker. He tells the girl and they call the police. The teen coroner goes to the special school. The girl moves in with her aunt and the father swears revenge no matter what. That he will ruin their lives just as they ruined his.

• Like 3

I'm going to just compile all of the teen coroner stuff so we can formalise bits and avoid splintering

• Like 2

So here is all of the TC posts so far: Google doc

I tried to summarize it a little, but haven't spent much time.

Let me know if there's anything I need to change (or if I should give edit access).

As for the romantic(?) storylines, we have a plot, but the surrounding stuff we don't really have established.

• Like 3

Towards the latter end of the teen years but hello

This thread is amazing, please make the teen coroner a thing, I'm smiling so much after reading this. Just to clarify has he already graduated school (I've seen posts that go both ways)? And if so how does he meet the girls, I can't imagine a mortuary would have a lot of dating opportunities. 

I'm thinking TC will need to be in high school, just to make meeting people easier and add to the drama.

I have to say, reading back through everything, poor TC! Every girl he dates/likes is murdered, he may be an orphan or homeless and starving, and when he gets employed someone vows revenge? Is this A Man Dressed Like a Bat?

• Like 2
ThePurpleCat

Maybe the murderer is a guy/girl that works with TC, so he(or she) sees what girl he has on a date that season, and the love letters they find with each dead body is a different way of him/her confessing the love they have for TC

• Like 2

You know how a lot of shows have themed titles? Like every episode title is the job they pull in a robbery kinda thing. Should we do that with TC?

Pilot: Opens to a high school yard/cafeteria, pans around centres on one table, cuts into a conversation in which TC refuses plans with friends because they have to work. A few random shots of the school day introduce more characters, start to build personalities, and then TC heads off to work. They stow their bag, glance out the office window and there's a pilot sitting on the slab.

And then every season we have an episode that's just "The Girl" and viewers come to dread that episode.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, BionicPi said:

And then every season we have an episode that's just "The Girl" and viewers come to dread that episode.

I NEED THIS

• Like 2
dragon_nerd
2 hours ago, BionicPi said:

You mean like, episode 9 of GoT?! That's an excellent idea. 

Maybe earlier in the episode we say that someone close to him is a pilot, a relative maybe.

Hmm, yes the fact that TC seems to be in high school and graduated med school is a tad confusing. Maybe the rich girl had a friend who was a normal adult coroner and agreed to take TC under their wing after seeing how talented TC is, so it was more of a practice makes perfect thing rather than TC having a med degree and several years of training.

Also, what country is this taking place in? UK?

• Like 3
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I think we need to come up with a name for TC. Leo, Clark, Milo, Alex, Christopher.... Anyone else have any ideas? (I really like Alex or Christopher for him)

When we get a couple suggestions that we like we could make a voting thing on the census forum.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
8 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

You mean like, episode 9 of GoT?! That's an excellent idea. 

Maybe earlier in the episode we say that someone close to him is a pilot, a relative maybe.

Hmm, yes the fact that TC seems to be in high school and graduated med school is a tad confusing. Maybe the rich girl had a friend who was a normal adult coroner and agreed to take TC under their wing after seeing how talented TC is, so it was more of a practice makes perfect thing rather than TC having a med degree and several years of training.

Also, what country is this taking place in? UK?

I really like the suggestion of him just being trained by another coroner. That would make a lot of sense and seems a lot more likely than him somehow being licensed.

ace.of.hearts13

Hey everyone... I don't mean to change the subject or anything, but I'm new- I just recently found out I'm ace and I haven't come out yet... Has anyone else not come out yet, or do any of you guys have tips for me? Thanks:)

• Like 3
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
5 minutes ago, ace.of.hearts13 said:

Hey everyone... I don't mean to change the subject or anything, but I'm new- I just recently found out I'm ace and I haven't come out yet... Has anyone else not come out yet, or do any of you guys have tips for me? Thanks:)

First of all, never feel like you have to come out. There should be no pressure to do that if you don't want to. I know a lot of people who just don't think it's necessary, and that's totally fine. 

But, if you do want to come out, I would say start with a close friend or a few close friends. Or if that's to much pressure, just start with someone who you aren't as close to. The first person I came out isn't really even my friend. 

So, basically, whoever you come out to, you're probably just gonna be really flipping nervous. It's really scary sometimes, even for me, and I'm basically out to all my friends and family and everyone who asks if I have a BF.

I find the best way to start is to just shut off your brain and start talking. You probably are really nervous and sometimes shutting off your brain is the only way to make yourself do it. At least for me. I just kinda think, talk now, freak out later. 

So yah. You just gotta do it. You can try to prepare all you want, but in the end you can never really know how someone's going to react until you say it.

Sorry if that's really bad advice, that's just kinda what I do. :cake:

• Like 2
dragon_nerd

I've only come out to 2 people, my best friend and my mum. I am yet to tell my dad, anyone else in my family or any other friends. So here is some advise as someone who is in the middle of the process

1.Don't come out unless you want to. You are not a bad person if you don't want to come out. If you do choose to come out:

2.There is no way to make the nervousness go away. I was really nervous both times I came out and I get really nervous when I think about coming out to anyone else.

3.Try coming out to someone who is less important before you come out to your parent/s. Particularly someone who you think will take it well, having a positive coming out experience is helpful to think about before coming out to more high stakes people so to speak.

4.Give them time. Try dropping some hints before coming out. I spent 5 months doing this before coming out to my mum. And remember-you have had a lot of time, potentially years, to accept the idea of being ace, your parents/friends/etc have 1 conversation to get their heads around this.

5.Expect questions. Whomever you come out will probably have never heard of asexuality. They will ask a lot of questions so answer as many as you feel comfortable answering and if they are a particularly inquisitive person consider giving them a link to the informational section of AVEN.

6.You can't control someones reaction. If someone reacts badly, it is not your fault. 

I found this video very helpful 

Spoiler

• Like 2
dragon_nerd

And welcome to AVEN and Teen corner, have some cake :) 

c0578e403faea5a628ed65613d2d243f.jpg

• Like 2
ace.of.hearts13

@dragon_nerd Thanks so much- that was really helpful, and I liked the cake too :) I'm thinking of just telling one of my best friends, because she's pretty open-minded. Would that be smart? I don't ever want to tell my parents, they'll probably just figure it out at some point though lol

• Like 1

It's good to tell friends first-they are often more open minded

ALSO: welcome!!!! 

• Like 1

@ace.of.hearts13 Don't worry about changing the subject, we do that constantly.

As for coming out, My little brother is basically came out for me (that's poorly phrased) suggested asexuality to me.

I've come out to friends, but not my family. I don't want to have to plan for it and I just don't want to deal with talking to my parents.

The annoying side of not saying anything to my mother is she periodically questions me about relationships and I just awkwardly deflect.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AntiSocial-Butterfly said:

I think we need to come up with a name for TC. Leo, Clark, Milo, Alex, Christopher.... Anyone else have any ideas? (I really like Alex or Christopher for him)

When we get a couple suggestions that we like we could make a voting thing on the census forum.

What about TC? As a name/nickname? Then we get kind of a double wordplay out of it?

dragon_nerd

The only wordplay I could think of was tick. Then again, written wordplay isn't my strongest suit. It could be his initials. I dunno

I was thinking Initials, because then TC is TC at both school and work.

ace.of.hearts13

@BionicPi Thank you :) and I have a feeling things with be about the same with my family

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

That'd be kinda cool. We could do like taylor or terence for the first name...

dragon_nerd

Hmm, Taylor?