Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

I'm the youngest in my entire family (cousins included) because my parents waited a while to have kids. It really, really, sucks. No one takes you seriously, and I can't really talk to my cousins because they're all older me. 

7 minutes ago, ThePurpleCat said:

I'm the youngest in my entire family (cousins included) because my parents waited a while to have kids. It really, really, sucks. No one takes you seriously, and I can't really talk to my cousins because they're all older me. 

My sibylings and I are the youngest set. But I am the oldest sibling

I'm the youngest until you count the half cousins I never see. I'm always the 'baby'. Especially when it comes to innocence. They always say they'll tell me when I'm older but they never do.... Also, I'm only youngest by 5 minutes. But for some reason it still counts

I am upset.

I was having a conversation with my QPP and her mother and suddenly in the middle of our conversation, her mother said to her "You're a nasty mess, you know that?"

To out this into context, my QPP's mother is generally a rather gentle person. Soft-spoken and kind of helpless-looking honestly. And that woman is clueless about everything. This especially includes how to deal with her children. Usually she just says something kind of passively nagging, tells them they should really do some chore they haven't done or a project they have a week left to do. (And she does so rather endlessly, but that's a different topic.) So this kind of came out of nowhere.

Given it really hurt my QPP's feelings, I'm quite upset about it. I don't have a lot of respect for my QPP's mother, now even less than I did before I think. Even worse because she didn't have any idea what those words meant to her daughter. Parents who don't bother to get to know their children particularly get on my nerves because my mother is the same way.

• Like 1

@Dreammaker: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you and your QPP feel better soon...

To all: Slightly offtopic, but I marched with my school's GSA club (holding an ace flag proudly, of course) at our local Pride Parade. My parents came and supported me and I feel really happy about it. Have any of you ever been to a Pride event of any kind? With who?

@Starfiery Hooo boy, if my parents found out that I'm not exactly straight, I have no idea how they will react. I've always wanted to go to one though! 

I want to go but I'm not loud and proud. I'm more scared and confused... The main reason I haven't been to one is I don't have anyone to go with and don't want to go alone

Fighting_For_Us

I've wanted to go to one for a while for the experience but I was never quite sure enough of my identity until recently, plus my parents would freak out if they knew I went.

I took part in London Pride

• Like 2

( Hi, *Waves shyly*  I hope you don't mind me just jumping in. )

I would love to go to a pride event, and there is an LGBTQIA+ group at my school, but I am still very confused and not out yet.

HufflepuffSupreme

Guys. 

Help.

Minor issue here.

I think I have a crush on my best friend.

also I'm 99.9% certain she's straight.

also I think she might secretly find me incredibly annoying.

Help.

Randomgirl434

My older LGBT friends went to Pride and brought me back an Ace flag which i like to proudly wear as a cape

• Like 1
Randomgirl434
On 10/28/2017 at 0:16 PM, will123 said:

In Ontario the government is supposed to be updating the sex curriculum in elementary and high schools. From what I've heard it will include more content pertaining to LGBT education. When I was in high school in the 70s there was no mention of 'alternative' persuasions. It was more sexual health.

Now to my question, has any of the education you guys have gotten mentioned asexuality?

We're talking about sexuality in general and the teacher is really chill because shes dealt with some of the issues she's had to , but I love being the hidden ace. I'm implausible, but still there.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, Starfiery said:

@Dreammaker: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you and your QPP feel better soon...

To all: Slightly offtopic, but I marched with my school's GSA club (holding an ace flag proudly, of course) at our local Pride Parade. My parents came and supported me and I feel really happy about it. Have any of you ever been to a Pride event of any kind? With who?

Thanks. :,) My QPP can be a fragile child at times so I tend to make all her problems my problems as well.

I've never been to a pride event (my parents would never in a million years let me go to one even if it were simply for the sake of asexuality, especially since my mom doesn't believe I'm ace), but I would love to at some point. My school also doesn't have a GSA, sadly, and of course I wouldn't be allowed to join it if there was. :/ There are a lot of things I'll have to wait until I'm out of the house to do just because my parents are so conservative, and that's one of them, unfortunately.

On a semi-related note, it always struck me as funny that my family (including my sister) never wants to watch anything with LGBT+ representation. A week or two ago they were making a big deal about the lesbian character on NCIS New Orleans and it made me kind of mad because I mean...that's not a deliberate transgression against your valued, to watch a show with LGBT+ representation. That's simply realism. There are LGBT+ people in the world, shouldn't TV represent that?

time traveller jedi
22 hours ago, ThePurpleCat said:

My parents would never let me go to a pride event, even if they knew I'm ace.

same

i want an ace flag so bad and i'll never get it until i move to college (hopefully!!) because i can't come out :huh:. i'll have to wait only 2 more years, if everything goes as planned. 

time traveller jedi
2 hours ago, Dreammaker said:

On a semi-related note, it always struck me as funny that my family (including my sister) never wants to watch anything with LGBT+ representation. A week or two ago they were making a big deal about the lesbian character on NCIS New Orleans and it made me kind of mad because I mean...that's not a deliberate transgression against your valued, to watch a show with LGBT+ representation. That's simply realism. There are LGBT+ people in the world, shouldn't TV represent that?

i care a lot about representation and i think it's extremely important, no matter if it concerns gender, race or sexuality. some of the struggles i went through could have been solved or avoided with proper representation (long long story, perhaps i'll tell it some day). 

i write for fun, and i add as much diversity as i can in my stories :)

my parents and family (except my brother <3) are uneasy when there is LGBT+ representation on books/movies/series/etc. there was a big deal in my country about a soap opera featuring the story of a trans guy finding out who he is. i didn't watch because a) family issues and b) i don't watch a lot of tv, but i found the iniciative pretty awesome. 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:29 AM, Lirpaderp said:

I'm the youngest until you count the half cousins I never see. I'm always the 'baby'. Especially when it comes to innocence. They always say they'll tell me when I'm older but they never do.... Also, I'm only youngest by 5 minutes. But for some reason it still counts

Being the youngest also means that your opinions aren't valid and that you apparently don't know anything. Fun times those were. 

On 11/8/2017 at 2:07 PM, time traveller jedi said:

i want an ace flag so bad and i'll never get it until i move to college (hopefully!!) because i can't come out :huh:. i'll have to wait only 2 more years, if everything goes as planned. 

Agh, I know the struggle. I desperately want to show my pride with an ace ring, but I know that my parents and others will identify it as a swinger ring instead. That'd mean I'd have to explain my reason for wanting it and be forced to come out, which is definitely not an option for me at this time. 

• Like 1
On 11/8/2017 at 0:33 AM, Randomgirl434 said:

My older LGBT friends went to Pride and brought me back an Ace flag which i like to proudly wear as a cape

Ahh that's awesome! You need a superhero name now my friend haha

• Like 1
On 7. 11. 2017 at 11:07 PM, HufflepuffSupreme said:

Guys. 

Help.

Minor issue here.

Help.

Deer lord, that is a complication xD

..Is the crush so strong that you cannot ..ignore it?

HufflepuffSupreme
48 minutes ago, Markéta said:

Deer lord, that is a complication xD

..Is the crush so strong that you cannot ..ignore it?

I have been ignoring it. I didn't realy realise that it was more than a strong platonic affection untill she got a boyfriend and I was jealous. (Don't worry I wasn't an arse about it). They didn't last long but now I want to wrap her in a hug and never let her go.

On 7 November 2017 at 10:07 PM, HufflepuffSupreme said:

Guys. 

Help.

Minor issue here.

Help.

I remember when this happened to me (only my friend didn't find me annoying, I hope). For the most part I ignored the feeling by focusing on revising for exams (yes, my crush started a month before I took my As level exams). After the exams were over the feeling had faded but not entirely (and this worked probably because I'm kinda-sorta-lithromantic-ish) so I thought long and hard about what would happen if the romantic attraction was reciprocated and then it just went. 

So try to distract yourself I guess... I don't know... 

I hope this jumbled mess is somehow useful, or entertaining, or something 

8 hours ago, HufflepuffSupreme said:

I didn't realy realise that it was more than a strong platonic affection untill she got a boyfriend and I was jealous. 

Now you're talking about it, I might be in a risk of similar situation. My friend and I are pretty close. I have no idea how would I react if she got her first boyfriend, though..

In your place I'd probably try to find out if she really thinks you annoying. If not, perhaps detarching yourself from her wouldn't be the worst idea - as dragon_nerd said, try to distract yourself.. And if she doesn't find you that much annoying, perhaps.. I don't know how accepting she is but either tell her and risk her reaction, or keep silent about it and mask it with friendship and hope it will pass... 

I am sorry I haven't got a better advice.

Good luck :')

thoughts.of.one

Oh shit I have so many platonic crushes aahg. How do I know if I'm romantically attracted to someone or possible even sexually but probably not. Hey I'm new here from TrevorSpace I'm in high school. I actually have really good relationship advice maybe because I see beyond the drama and the sexual drive of it all? Idk whatever. I'm lonely and I want to be in a romantic relationship. I'm trans and ace(?) and I'm not pretty by body standards and I'm kinda sad that no one - or I think no one, has been attracted to me, not that I really want that just that I feel really low self esteem because of it and intense body negativity, but anyway I'd love to talk to some people, any other trans and romantic aces here?

• Like 1
time traveller jedi
15 hours ago, thoughts.of.one said:

I actually have really good relationship advice maybe because I see beyond the drama and the sexual drive of it all? Idk whatever.

that feeling when you've never been in a (romantic) relationship but you're the group's official relationship advisor :cake:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, time traveller jedi said:

that feeling when you've never been in a (romantic) relationship but you're the group's official relationship advisor :cake:

We've had a conversation about that on here before, most everyone on here agreed, and the majority on Ace Amino too.

(If you don't know what Amino is, you should look it up on the appstore. :33 It's pretty great.)