Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

MagentaColouredTurtle

Sadly, yes. But more importantly she was stupid. Plus I have really bad luck for sex educators. There once was a couple who wanted my class to write a poem about saving yourself for marriage.

• Like 4
Gray-Roses-73

I have only had one sex educator and she was trying to convince me that asexuality is impossible in male-assigned people because we were meant to procreate. Somehow she got the whole class turned against me and they all just argued until the bell rang. I personally think that people who call themselves "sex educators" should be sexually educated before they attempt to teach kids about this stuff.

• Like 5
MagentaColouredTurtle

This expectation for males to be some kind of hyper-sexual, bearded lumberjacks (wow...that sounds scary) is really awful. As a girl I have heard this rubbish ("Men only want women for their looks and only think about sex!") way too many times.

Lumberjack worker standing  in the forest with axe and chainsaw(Random stock image of a typical lumberjack in his natural habitat.)

• Like 3
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs
53 minutes ago, MagentaColouredTurtle said:

Hi! I'm new here but I'm so glad I've found this site. 

A sex educator whom I've asked about asexuality iplied that I'm too young to know my sexuality (I'm 16), I can't be asexual because I masturbate (false) and I was probably molested as a child (I wasn't). And even though I know she was just uneducated it made me feel very...deficient, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it's great to see that there are other...well, misfits ^_^ out there.

Also, I love that :cake: emoji.

So glad to have you here!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that woman. I know how it feels to know someone's wrong and still be uncomfortable because of something they said. 

I hope you have a lovely time here at AVEN!

• Like 2
ThePurpleCat

At my school, we don't even have sex educators. In health class. we don't even talk about that stuff, only drugs and alcohol. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MagentaColouredTurtle said:

This expectation for males to be some kind of hyper-sexual, bearded lumberjacks (wow...that sounds scary) is really awful. As a girl I have heard this rubbish ("Men only want women for their looks and only think about sex!") way too many times.

Lumberjack worker standing  in the forest with axe and chainsaw(Random stock image of a typical lumberjack in his natural habitat.)

I didn't know the Zig Zag guy was a lumberjack

zig_zag_man-normal.jpg

(Sorry for the large image)

Any pics I see of the 'typical' lumbersexual make me laugh LOL

• Like 2

*Cue the lumberjack song* 

I a lumberjack and it's ok...

• Like 4
13 hours ago, MagentaColouredTurtle said:

Hi! I'm new here but I'm so glad I've found this site. 

Welcome! I'm glad to hear you've found us and I hope you can find an accepting place here <3 have some cake in the meantime!

4480257375_5504e05fa7_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi! And welcome to the 'misfit' club🍰

• Like 1
TheCatBehind

(Tw; sex and condoms, nothing explicit)

Guys never had a sex educator lol We only had "WDR," "Wychowanie do życia w rodzinie," which loosely translates to "Education to life in a family," which is, to put it mildly, useless, plus a woman was the 'educator' for both boys and girls and children at that age, around 13 yo, don't feel comfortable talking about "How to tackle the situation when your child asks where do kids come from" to authorities of not their gender lol

What is more striking, is that I still have no idea where to get a condom in this god forsaken country called 'Poland' lol I'm 18. I know people who have had sex already. I personally don't want to, but a quick 10 minute search on Google yielded close to nil on the subject of WHERE I could buy one lol (except that I can ask the lady at my local pharmacy to get them from behind the fucking counter lol (also lady because no man will work at a pharmacy, amirite))

Also welcome to our new 'misfit'! I hope you will enjoy your time here~! :cake:

Edit: I do know that I can buy them at some of the bigger stores, but out of sheer curiosity I searched for them and found nothing lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Maks9090
  • Like 1

I've never had a sex educator. The closest thing I've had is my health teachers in middle school. I didn't learn or remember a ton from the puberty and sex-ed parts of the conversation. I know there were a couple diagrams of the private parts of girls and boys in grade six, and in grade eight we learned about STIs and different ways to protect against getting pregnant while having sex, but that's about it other than some things that happen during puberty. I zoned out of the STI bit because I didn't like the pictures, zoned out a little bit during how not to get pregnant while having sex because the first one was abstinence and it was the only one that made sense to me (though I did look at the percentages on the other ones), and I forgot most of the terms on the diagrams for private parts.

• Like 1

I learnt most about contraceptives in R.E were we ended up playing a beat the teacher style game. (The class won by the way)

• Like 2

We only every talked about puberty in health. I'm sure some sex stuff is coming up.

• Like 1

Just a quick question,  if you could have any item of clothing that was secretly a weapon,  what would the article of clothing and the weapon be?

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Whovianelf said:

Just a quick question,  if you could have any item of clothing that was secretly a weapon,  what would the article of clothing and the weapon be?

Oh man definitely like.... a parasol that's also a sword and shield or something. I love parasols. But realistically I always have a sling bag on me so maybe a literal sling bag?

• Like 5
Xia the Nerd
12 hours ago, Whovianelf said:

I would wear ornate hair clips and other accessories that are actually knives. 

• Like 1
ThePurpleCat
12 hours ago, Whovianelf said:

A bracelet that turns into a shield. 

• Like 2
dragon_nerd

Necklaces and bracelets that can turn into knives 

QuirkyGeek
14 hours ago, Whovianelf said:

A sweater that turns into a shortsword that happens to be sentient and rather rare and magical. Is that allowed?

• Like 1

Shoes that are flame throwers 

• Like 1
Whovianelf
9 hours ago, QuirkyGeek said:

A sweater that turns into a shortsword that happens to be sentient and rather rare and magical. Is that allowed?

Only if the sword is really sassy

• Like 2

Ace rings as a full set? I'd want like a ring knife/sword and a bracelet sheild, but if I can't combo a full set of throwing knives, and if you re really picky and it needs to be a single weapon, either a short sword or throwing/fighting knife ace ring.

• Like 2

Just a quick problem that I'm wondering if other ace teens have gone through similar experiences.

Today I picked out an outfit that I thought I liked. It's getting cooler in the afternoon, and there's a neighborhood block party (they usually are quite chill, with free cupcakes and good company) The minute my mom saw me, she criticized me, saying that "your jeans are too baggy, wear short shorts instead. No one's gonna like you if you look like that" I refused to wear shorts and apparently I'm not going now, guess I'll be lonely again and I won't get to talk to the awesome neighborhood musicians :(

See, the problem is that "fashionable" looking clothes (especially in summer) are too sexual for me, so I try to dress kinda low key and, in return, get criticized mostly by family. Anyone else feels like this contributes to the outcastyness of being ace?

QuirkyGeek

Well, my mom always comments on my fashion choices as well. She's never told me I have to wear short shorts though. I don't like short shorts either though, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I wear shorts, they're usually at my knee.

dragon_nerd

As someone who lives somewhere entirely too hot to wear jeans/trousers most of the year I wear shorts that come to the knee or capris.

I also don't like wearing short shorts or short skirts. I've never been critiqued on it by my parents but people at school are a different matter.

I wear shorter shorts because... Eh.

My parents have just given up on me clothes wise. As long as it fits and it's not too revealing they don't care.

• Like 1

short shorts are great!

until you have to sit on a cold metal chair that is :lol: say hello to Antarctica via ur thighs 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, StormySky said:

See, the problem is that "fashionable" looking clothes (especially in summer) are too sexual for me, so I try to dress kinda low key and, in return, get criticized mostly by family. Anyone else feels like this contributes to the outcastyness of being ace?

My mom has slowly tried to shift my wardrobe from cargo shorts (my preferred fashion choice) to short shorts, though I think she finally gave up on that one. One thing that she still won't let me buy are swim trunks to wear with my bathing suit tops - I used to have a pair but she gave them to my brothers, and even though I like swim shorts just fine I like the trunks a lot better, and she won't let me buy them and insists there are 'cuter options' for me to wear. So I get where you're coming from, it seems like a lot of parents (especially of girls) have an ideal in their heads of what they should dress like and are trying to 'watch out' for us, but it's really annoying when they try to stifle what we're comfortable wearing and push us to put on things we don't like or want to wear.

• Like 1