Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

dragon_nerd
1 hour ago, Tintinfan said:

If he's friendly go to prom but were sharp high heels so you can stamp on his foot if he does anything you don't like.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breathes in* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm going to prom with a group of girls so no boy drama here. I also have no experience with boys to help you, ace invisibility at its finest :((or me being oblivious, one or the other).

• Like 3
dragon_nerd
3 hours ago, girlwonder said:

I just discovered this community fifteen minutes ago, but I would 125% watch Teen Coroner. Somebody needs to make this show, now.

And also welcome to AVEN!

screen568x568.jpeg

I want this show to be made. BBC, pppppllllllleeeeeaaaassssseeeee.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

If he's friendly go to prom but were sharp high heels so you can stamp on his foot if he does anything you don't like.

Lol!!! Will do!!!!!

• Like 3
Internetlionboy
12 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

This is probably the best advice I've ever seen XD

• Like 6
dragon_nerd
5 minutes ago, Internetlionboy said:

12 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

What if you have weak ankles and can't wear heels.

• Like 2

Umbrella..? A sharp one. And you look classy carrying it

• Like 10

You can carry an umbrella whenever you want!!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dragon_nerd said:
1 hour ago, Internetlionboy said:
13 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

What if you have weak ankles and can't wear heels.

Get your nails done real sharp-like

• Like 3
An Ace Valentine

You've also got to remember that it's fine if you want to turn him down. I know it feels like you have to, in a societal way (I also really hate hurting people's feelings, but that caused me to put my needs under other people's wants and that's not how it should be) but don't freak yourself out about it. If he's nice and you think you would have a good time together then you should go, but if the entire night you're going to be worried about being self conscious and worrying about him and it takes over your mind because he makes you nervous in a bad way, like if you feel he might make a sexual move on you then you should say no. I know it seems selfish, but it's taken me up to now to teach myself not to worry about other people, it's very satisfying to make a decision based solely on what you want and not 

• Like 3
PurplePaper

It really depends on you. If he's asking you and you said no he should respect your answer as should anyone. Its ok to say no, especially if you do it nicely. You could just be like 'I don't want to go to prom, I'm sorry, but no. Hopefully this doesn't change anything' and be done with it. But that's just how I would be, its better to not lead someone on and be upfront with them. Well that's how I see it.

• Like 3
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Okay, so basically everything would bench on whether you actually like this boy or not. If you like him sweet, but if not? You have absolutely no obligation to go with him to anywhere. Screw society. You are not obligated to make him happy, if you would rather go with your friends or by yourself that do that. Don't ever feel that you have to ever do something to spare a boys feelings at the cost of your own. In the end you may actually be protecting him from further pain by saying no, because if you say yes that may give him hope that you like him, and if you don't than you would eventually have to explain this to him and it all would have just been dragged out longer. If you do decide to go with him than sweet, but if you don't want to than just respectfully explain to him that even if you enjoy being with him as a person you don't like him in a romantic sense. This is your call, just do the best you can with what you have. That's all anyone can ask from you. :cake::D Best of luck to you!

• Like 6
ClosetDragon
On 11 February 2017 at 9:22 PM, An Ace Valentine said:

I'm in the second semester of my senior year and I just wan it to be over already!

School in general is evil. I'm in Y8. I have test week coming up and I have done no revision!!! I'm just praying I do ok as my class sets depend on my test scores.. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about people bugging me about who I 'like' at school as I go to an all girls school and most people don't even consider the fact that there are 'queers' in the year. Lol. I wonder if there are any queers other than me in my year tho.. I know my BFF is lesbian but I don't know about anyone else. 

I personally think that Primary School was better (apart from having to do SATS).

• Like 1
On 21/04/2017 at 7:14 PM, Internetlionboy said:

Help

Oh it's gone now

Now... Exams - what larks

• Like 2
On 3/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, Ace_Angel153 said:

Thanks. =) 

Random subject change but who else here doesn't know anyone ace spectrum in real life? 

I'm a tad bit late, but I'm pretty sure a friend of mine said he's demisexual.

10 hours ago, Tintinfan said:

Now... Exams - what larks

*sobs into piles of homework and AP testing materials with three tests looming in a week, tries not to die of sleep deprivation and/or premature heart attack due to stress*

• Like 3
dragon_nerd
26 minutes ago, PixieCat said:

*sobs into piles of homework and AP testing materials with three tests looming in a week, tries not to die of sleep deprivation and/or premature heart attack due to stress*

^are you a clone of me?

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

@ninjastar Welcome to teen corner, home to high school problems, teen problems and a cool TV show :cake:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Skye2870 said:

I'm drowning in work for finals but instead of learning I'd rather go to AVEN and post about it :P

RIP <3 Hang in there, you'll get through exams! :cake:

• Like 1