Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

50 minutes ago, RicaeurMone said:

I love this forum cause it doesn't have any age limitations. I wonder why some forums have only 18+ access.
By the way I am going to write my term paper  about teen asexuality.

Welcome to AVEN :cake: from one of the older members, I'm 55. 

Some sites may have an age limitation because of the content. I know some of my posts would probably be R rated in North American movies.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Spades36 said:

Liz_Rd why envy them? Junior pride!! Class of 2018! :D

I suppose I'm just feeling a little impatient about wanting to get out of Junior year, I'm really looking forward to the classes I'm taking next year. (Even if it might be 5 AP classes out of 8 total classes) 

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Ugh, I'm only a sophomore. Two more years... 😞

Anyway, hi! I'm new. Clearly. 

• Like 2
Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

Thanks. =) 

Random subject change but who else here doesn't know anyone ace spectrum in real life? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ace_Angel153 said:

Thanks. =) 

Random subject change but who else here doesn't know anyone ace spectrum in real life? 

No problem on the subject change. My intention when I started the thread was for teens to post whatever they wanted to talk about. No real guidelines.

To answer your question, even at my 'advanced' age :D I don't know any other Aces in real life.

• Like 1

I actually do know a few! One is younger than me by a year (I think he'd actually love to check this site out), and one is in college now - she's actually the one that made me curious whether or not I was ace.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

It's really cool that you know a couple people. =) I don't know anyone but I really want to meet a couple people. But it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in not knowing anyone else. 

• Like 4
TheCatBehind
On 10/03/2017 at 8:37 PM, Ace_Angel153 said:

Thanks. =) 

There's a guy two years younger than me at school who said is ace, though I have not touched on that topic with him. Then there's this dude whom I can't find a good time to ask if he's ace because his gf keeps hanging about and I'm one year younger than him and basically I only have a black ring to go on.

So one. One person with whom I don't speak much lol

There are 2 friends i met on my first day of high school, and 2 1/2 years later all 3 of us figured out that we're all somewhere on the ace spectrum. One ace, one Demi, and one gray ace that all ended up being friends because non of us knew anyone else at lunch on the first day of school. What are the odds of that. xP 

• Like 6

Hello! I'm new here and thought I'd start by aswering this question. 

On 10/03/2017 at 8:37 PM, Ace_Angel153 said:

Thanks. =) 

I'm in the same case as you but there are some of my friends I suspected to be ace spectrum but weren't sadly, reason why I came on this forum, to "meet" other ace spectrum teens.

There are probably a thousand of errors in this post and I sorry for that but I am only half Scottish and grew up in France, so English isn't the language I'm most comfortable with. 

• Like 2

About the "coroner" thread - just like lesbians stereotypically have flannels, I've realized that we have aces with interesting (and mildly hilarious) thoughts on death

• Like 17

Really ? You are probably right because half of my characters die, which is maybe a lazy way of "writing" and I should stop doing that. But I don't know anyone in the community so my opinion isn't the most relevant. 

• Like 3
dragon_nerd
3 hours ago, flowerage said:

I've realized that we have aces with interesting (and mildly hilarious) thoughts on death

I've never realised that but now you point it out you're right!

• Like 3

Re: knowing other aces, I recently found out one of my friends is involved with the aro/ace group at my college!

Re: Teen Coroner, can there be lots of aro/ace spectrum characters? Maybe a subplot when the teen coroner realizes most people would be turned on by the naked corpses (would they? IDK) and that he's ace?

• Like 2
dragon_nerd
17 minutes ago, Linh Cinder said:

Maybe a subplot when the teen coroner realizes most people would be turned on by the naked corpses (would they? IDK) and that he's ace?

I think that most people would be turned off by the fact that they are dead. Someone who is desensitised to death might though? I'd ask a non asexual person about that. 

A better way to find out that he/she/they (what is teen coroners gender anyway?) are asexual could be at a party when teen coroner realises that other people actually feel sexual attraction and aren't just making it up or exaggerating aesthetic or romantic attraction.

• Like 2

A better way to find out that he/she/they (what is teen coroners gender anyway?)

I think the Teen Coroner is a He in the early posts :) 

9 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

A better way to find out that he/she/they (what is teen coroners gender anyway?) are asexual could be at a party when teen coroner realises that other people actually feel sexual attraction and aren't just making it up or exaggerating aesthetic or romantic attraction.

Yeah, that would be better. I was just trying to connect it more to the coroner's job, and it came out kind of weird.

DayDreamer~

In response to the earlier inquiry about knowing aces in real life: I have two friends who are ace, one of which is also genderfluid. They're both equally hilarious and interesting people so it makes me proud. xD

My genderfluid friend sits next to me on the bus and one day she told me when she came out to another friend as ace, her friend looked at her in pure shock, smiled, then threw her hands into the air and said "I've collected the whole set!" 

I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 2
Aquilaslayer
On 3/19/2017 at 1:01 PM, DayDreamer~ said:

In response to the earlier inquiry about knowing aces in real life: I have two friends who are ace, one of which is also genderfluid. They're both equally hilarious and interesting people so it makes me proud. xD

My genderfluid friend sits next to me on the bus and one day she told me when she came out to another friend as ace, her friend looked at her in pure shock, smiled, then threw her hands into the air and said "I've collected the whole set!" 

I couldn't stop laughing.

I feel that! My friends and I are girl scouts and when we go camping, we call ourselves the rainbow 🌈 cabin because we have the entire spectrum from ace (myself)  to pan. 

• Like 1

I know of another girl in my school who is definitely ace but since I'm not too sure if I am (I'm sure I'm on the spectrum though) I haven't talked to her, only one of my friends knows that I'm questioning 

I haven't yet done any assignments on asexuality - feel like I should though.

Anyway hi people how are you doing

dragon_nerd

Hi, I'm good. I've spent all day doing nothing but pretending to be busy. How are you?

• Like 1

Preparing for an exam that got cancelled at the last minute :P 

That's awful but also great - awful for the studying time, great that you don't have to do it.

Honestly given my levels of procrastination I feel like if I didn't think the exam was today I wouldn't have studied as much as I did but at least I have more time now yay

• Like 1

Well done for doing any type of studying in general - I always find it hard to start so I am never really doing it....

• Like 1