transmasculine problems (poll)

AVEN #1 fan

transmasculine problems   

11 members have voted

1. 1. if you had to choose, would you rather...

• have monthly periods
    • go bald
    • Idk
    • idc

I wonder, is there an way to stop T induced baldness in transmasculine folks and also keeping periods away?

This is bugging me for a long while.  I'd like to hear your transmasculine experiences on aging, stopping periods, stopping baldness.

39 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

This is bugging me for a long while.

...can I ask why? AFAIK you're not trans masc so it seems... Just a bit odd. 

As as for the thread.. Not everyone goes bald from T. I don't know of anyway to know what's going to happen to you other than looking at family members and knowing if you generally "take after" them with other things. I seem to be a lot like my dad so I don't think I'll go bald from T, probably just (more of) a receded hair line.

I'd still choose baldness over periods, definitely. But periods is something I know I can definitely stop whereas going bald it's something definite or I think that likely for me. 

nerdperson777

I would second that not everyone goes bald on T. In fact, when I saw a doctor at school, she said she wasn't worried about the balding. None of her patients had balding patterns. But of course, we're talking about 20 year olds and such, don't know what will happen in 10 or 20 years. I don't think my genetics have the best hair on either side. My dad was balding on top during his 40s. His brothers are going through that too. One of my cousins is practically bald. I didn't see him much for the time I was in college and when I returned for a break, he already didn't have much when he was 22. As for my mom's side, she has thin hair. I can see her scalp. But I personally have thick hair. When I had longer hair, I didn't know but I actually had a lot of hair. My bike helmet had like an extra three inches when I pulled on the strap. Hopefully I'm not getting my family's hair problems. 

Archived