Trump's Inauguration

Joe the Stoic

33 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Where exactly is the "you are a psychopath"?

Firstly, it was sociopath not psychopath. Don't try and change my wording.

Secondly, 

On 1/21/2017 at 4:52 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

You however seem to prefer looking after your monopoly money than living, breathing creatures!

It wasn't explicitly stated, but the implication was obviously there. Saying that I don't care about other people is, in essence, your armchair psychology way if calling me a sociopath.

And even if you're not calling me a sociopath, you can't deny that you're using a high ground fallacy.

If his pre-office talk remains the same as his office talk, it won't be long before he is forced out of office. The beauty of democracy, is what has gotten this guy elected, but also, what can get him removed from office.

Either he humbles his approach, or creates too much of a stir, to where his days in office will be numbered.

1 hour ago, yourcaptaiin said:

It wasn't explicitly stated, but the implication was obviously there. Saying that I don't care about other people is, in essence, your armchair psychology way if calling me a sociopath.

And even if you're not calling me a sociopath, you can't deny that you're using a high ground fallacy.

In other words, you weren't called a sociopath.   <_<

Everybody,  could we please remember that this thread is about the presidential inauguration and related themes.  Thanks 

Anthracite_Impreza
8 hours ago, yourcaptaiin said:

Firstly, it was sociopath not psychopath. Don't try and change my wording.

Secondly, 

Ah well, you best get reporting me then, you know where the report button is.

I don't care what 'fallacy' I'm using, I'm speaking my mind. I have no interest in 'debating' what I already know is morally right.

@Skycaptain; Sorry, had to respond.

Now these are going to be 2 x 4 funny Years to watch, far away from the USA, of course.

Interresting topics for the comaing 8 Years.

1. Revival and governmental protection and investments in pseudo-science.  (prayers heal cancer too, needed as we're losing the war against bacteria)

2. Climate change is for the weak, Trump digs coal.

3. White Power, the future of the white human race vs the rest of the non white human race. (Trump builds walls)

4. USA's debt growing faster than ever while making the rich even richer.

5. Healthcare only for the rich in the USA, prayers for the others.

6. Creationism back in public school soonish in the USA?

7. God bless America and in God we trust.

6 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Ah well, you best get reporting me then, you know where the report button is.

I'm not that petty.

9 minutes ago, yourcaptaiin said:

I'm not that petty.

So reporting and letting moderators handle things is petty, but accusing someone of name calling, in front of everyone, when they've done no such thing, is the paragon of maturity? :huh:

7 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

So reporting and letting moderators handle things is petty, but accusing someone of name calling, in front of everyone, when they've done no such thing, is the paragon of maturity? :huh:

Maybe petty wasn't the right word. What I'm trying to say is that I don't want or need the mods to fight my battles for me. What reason is there for the mods to get involved? We were having a discussion, and some unsavory things were said about me. I'm not offended or taken aback, I just think that's not how you lead a productive discussion.

I'm sad I didn't go. My friends went and there's videos of one yelling at racist and homophobic protestors, a bunch of things like "YOUR PARENTS WERE COUSINS AND YOUR FAMILY TREE LOOKS LIKE A TELEPHONE POLE!"

Agrees,  the most powerful protest would have been if everyone just sat down arms folded at the designated protest site 

The Terrible Travis
1 hour ago, CaptainYesterday said:

"When they go low, we also go low."

Anyway, it's a shame the Communists and Anarchists got so violent and destructive.  I already think protesting a democratic election is stupid, but violence is even worse.

How democratic is an election really when the person with less votes ends up winning?

Joe the Stoic
2 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

"When they go low, we also go low."

Anyway, it's a shame the Communists and Anarchists got so violent and destructive.  I already think protesting a democratic election is stupid, but violence is even worse.

Yeah, it makes Trump look better by comparison.

Meanwhile, noted Trump supporter Milo Yiannoupolos did the IRL equivalent of doxxing to a trans woman at her own college:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/milo-yiannopoulos-harassed-a-trans-student-at-uw-milwaukee.html

So much for the right looking comparatively better. But I mean, this IS the alt-right in talking about.

1 hour ago, ChillaKilla said:

So much for the right looking comparatively better. But I mean, this IS the alt-right in talking about.

Firstly, Milo isn't alt-right. The alt-right is a group of white supremacists and anti-semites, of which Milo is neither.

Secondly, Milo didn't incite or engage in physical violence or property damage.

Thirdly, Trump shouldn't be held responsible for the words / actions of his supporters.

Archived