Trump's Inauguration

Joe the Stoic

Anthracite_Impreza

The religiosity is irritating me more than anything else. That's all I have.

I'm just gonna get on with my life and pretend I can ignore it 

Anthracite_Impreza

Nope, scratch that. My British brain cannot deal with all this pomp and ceremony without a royal family being involved.

Anthracite_Impreza

He really does think he's better than everyone else doesn't he? Urgh, can't stand narcissists.

I feel like life can go on, no matter who the president is, I can go on and be the best person I can be.

I refuse to give it another viewing.

Not pictured: people across the country undoubtedly hurting PoC, LGBTQ people, etc. because they feel safe knowing the new leader of this nation more or less condones it

Not pictured: members of the aforementioned groups frozen in fear for what this all means for them knowing their futures are potentially jeopardized

LOL at Trump saying he's gonna give wealth back to the middle class. Anyone who actually thinks a billionaire gives a shit about anyone who's not rich is a moron. Expect business as usual as in tax cuts for the rich.

A mere monkey

The religious talk is kinda out of place I think

Just now, A mere monkey said:

The religious talk is kinda out of place I think

What better way to pander to the Reagan-worshipping religious right? <_< 

Anthracite_Impreza

The jingoism, it burns!

1 minute ago, Joe Parrish said:

He actually said, "Islamic terrorism."  That should get some responses.

"radical Islamic terrorism" to be fair, but yes I see your point.

so wait wtf. is his speech already over - is there a recording? I can't find this out. I'm like"what time is trump inauguration" and get live videos talking about what he's said, and date without a time. 

Just now, Every Red Heart Shines said:

so wait wtf. is his speech already over - is there a recording? I can't find this out. I'm like"what time is trump inauguration" and get live videos talking about what he's said, and date without a time. 

you can rewind on the youtube livestream 

Autumn Season
Just now, Every Red Heart Shines said:

It's over already.

I left it minimized while doing other things, because as much as I dislike Trump, I figured the inauguration is a part of history.  I wasn't very impressed by his speech, it seemed like he spent to much time trying to allude to how great he was rather than actually say anything meaningful.  I think the thing that worries me most about a Trump presidency is the unknown- he obviously cares much more about gaining power than anything else, and I got the impression he would say whatever he needed to to get elected.  Now that he is elected, who's to say he'll stick to what he said?  Almost anything could happen, and I wouldn't be surprised.

It's kind of a shame, because I'm just a short metro ride from the national mall, and if a president I actually supported were being inaugurated in, I might have considered going there to see it in person.  But between the overzealous Trump supporters and anti-Trump protesters, DC doesn't seem like a pleasant place to be right now, so I'll be avoiding the city for a while.

A mere monkey
5 minutes ago, Every Red Heart Shines said:

His speech is about what you'd expect. This is all thanks to the people, we're before a new movement of the likes the world has never seen and let's make America great again

Archived