Is there any reversible way to make my sexual desire disappear?

I want to make my sexual desire disappear, because currently I don't need it and it is distracting. But, I don't want that to be irreversible, because maybe in the future I will need it, for example, maybe in the future I will want to marry. I want that if I wish, I can get my sexual desire back.

So, is there any reversible way to make my sexual desire disappear?

I'm not sure that there is. I believe the authorities use drugs to reduce the drive of some sex offenders but that may not be true. Why would you want to get rid of a sex drive anyway. 

Luftschlosseule

Everything would be experimental and it may be that it's not reverseable. You could experiment with medication that has decreased libido as a side effect, but the first that springs to mind are psychopharmaca which would have so severe effects on your psyche that nobody would be willing to try that on you because you might develop a mental illness over this.

The only other thing I can think of which might work is a ton of sports so that your body is too tired to have any interest in sex.

cracking your hand open with a hammer works for as long as the pain lasts. apologies for the non-serious answer but sometimes my personal beliefs about accepting and not lying about who we are to ourselves gets in the way.

My opinion is you are asexual or you are not. Being asexual is not a choice.

If you want to lower your libido you're going to have to talk to a doctor--and this doesn't have a lot to do with AVEN... If you feel you have an actual medical/psychological problem you should turn to groups like Sex Addicts Anonymous.

59 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

The only other thing I can think of which might work is a ton of sports so that your body is too tired to have any interest in sex.

Unfortunately that may even backfire. Sports = muscle breakdown and then growth = increased testosterone = higher sex drive. It's a nightmare!

1 hour ago, CBC said:

Ask a medical professional. What you're enquiring about has absolutely nothing to do with asexuality.

I am not asexual, since I have sexual desire. But, I want to get rid of it. So, I think that what I am enquiring about is related to asexuality.

1 hour ago, luzblue said:

If you want to lower your libido you're going to have to talk to a doctor--and this doesn't have a lot to do with AVEN... If you feel you have an actual medical/psychological problem you should turn to groups like Sex Addicts Anonymous.

Now I am not asexual, because now I have sexual desire, and I am not saying that I am asexual.

I post my question here because I think that although I am not asexual, the question is related to asexuality, because "asexual" means "without sexual feelings or associations" (according to a dictionary), and I want to be "without sexual feelings or associations".

1 hour ago, James121 said:

I'm not sure that there is. I believe the authorities use drugs to reduce the drive of some sex offenders but that may not be true. Why would you want to get rid of a sex drive anyway. 

I want to get rid of a sex drive just because I do not like it. It is urging me to satisfy it, and thus is disturbing me.

17 minutes ago, CBC said:

It isn't.

Why? According to Oxford Dictionary of English, "asexual" means "without sexual feelings or associations", and my question is about how to become "without sexual feelings or associations".

The issue with that definition is that it doesn't properly define asexuality. Asexuality has to do with attraction to other people in particular. If you're asexual, you don't feel sexual attraction to other people. You don't look at people and want to have sex with them. That's all asexuality entails. Lack of sexual "feelings" and "associations", on the other hand, doesn't adequately define asexuality. Asexual people can still experience sexual "feelings", just not towards other people (ie. some asexuals have a libido and experience arousal, but it isn't triggered by a particular person; it may happen out of thin air). Likewise, some asexuals have "associated" arousal with certain thoughts or concepts. Like CBC said, if you're basing your intentions off that definition, you're probably looking to reduce or remove your libido.

1 hour ago, Nebulous said:

The issue with that definition is that it doesn't properly define asexuality. Asexuality has to do with attraction to other people in particular. If you're asexual, you don't feel sexual attraction to other people. You don't look at people and want to have sex with them. That's all asexuality entails. Lack of sexual "feelings" and "associations", on the other hand, doesn't adequately define asexuality. Asexual people can still experience sexual "feelings", just not towards other people (ie. some asexuals have a libido and experience arousal, but it isn't triggered by a particular person; it may happen out of thin air). Likewise, some asexuals have "associated" arousal with certain thoughts or concepts. Like CBC said, if you're basing your intentions off that definition, you're probably looking to reduce or remove your libido.

I see it. I didn't know that before.

5 hours ago, gisiebob said:

cracking your hand open with a hammer works for as long as the pain lasts. apologies for the non-serious answer but sometimes my personal beliefs about accepting and not lying about who we are to ourselves gets in the way.

That would actually increase my libido. Literally. 

5 hours ago, luzblue said:

Orientation changes doesn't mean it's a choice. Some people's orientation changes without wills, and as one of them, you can't make the change happen.

4 hours ago, Reptillian said:

Orientation changes doesn't mean it's a choice. Some people's orientation changes without wills, and as one of them, you can't make the change happen.

I didn't mean change his sexual orientation. I already said being asexual isn't a choice. It may change but you can't just choose to change it. I was talking about reducing his libido with medication.

58 minutes ago, luzblue said:

I didn't mean change his sexual orientation. I already said being asexual isn't a choice. It may change but you can't just choose to change it. I was talking about reducing his libido with medication.

I always bring this point up as there are a lot of people who thinks that it is not a choice mean it can never change. People tend to follow either born this way and stay that way or it is a will.