[Research Request] Asexualiy Statistics By Country

Rexcaliburr

Hey everyone! So I am an IB student and I am doing my math IA on if there is a correlation between GDP per capita and asexuality stats in select countries (and my hypothesis is that likely there isn't). I intend to look through multiple countries including several developed and developing countries. Preferably, I would like to look at the US, UK, China/India (if enough people who can reply to me are from there) and any Southeast Asian country except Singapore (sorry fellow Singaporeans, but we're classed as a developed country!)

So basically all I need are the following:

Where you are from:
Year you confirmed your asexuality:

Preferably I would like to collect data between 2000 and 2010, but if you confirmed your asexuality before or after that, please feel free to help me out anyway! You also don't need to be from the US/UK/China/India/SEA to answer me since I need as much help as I get and I can change around the countries if I find another country is giving me more data, but if you're from these countries listed above in particular please please do help out a student!

It'll be great if I could get all my answers by February 5 as I still have to write up my report by the week after! No worries if you found this thread late though, I still need as much data as possible. Thanks!

EDIT: Please use the following google form to reply anonymously.

https://goo.gl/forms/mnjvGMgqHFe0xxfx1

timewarp

Dedicated Research Contact

I'm from the Philippines and formally confirmed and identified as an asexual (well, under the ace spectrum, actually) in 2016. Hope my information and other AVENites' helps with your report :)

10 minutes ago, karnzter said:

I'm from the Philippines and formally confirmed and identified as an asexual (well, under the ace spectrum, actually) in 2016. Hope my information and other AVENites' helps with your report :)

thank you!!

Just now, Cimmerian said:

USA, 2009

thank you!

Just now, Nebulous said:

Canada, 2013.

thanks!

USA- 2016 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

USA 2003 to present.

Moving this thread to the research subforum. We've agreed on using a google form to allow members to take part anonymously.

timewarp

Dedicated Research Contact

Submitted 

Aww, I graduated IB 15 years ago and am still happy to help a fellow IBer. Good luck!

Re-submitted my answer through the Google Doc link just now, @Rexcaliburr. ;)

Filled the doc.

If anyone is curious the answer was Brazil, 2017.

Submitted through Google Doc.

I just wanted to add that I commend your work. As a former IB student myself, I know how challenging and also how rewarding the program is. In fact, I discovered the word "asexual" even existed to refer to humans as a sexual orientation while I was studying in IB, but it wasn't taught in class or anything. It was from there though that I began to realize there were actually others like me and I wasn't as insane or freakish as everyone had always made me feel. Good luck with your research, hope that my contribution assists you. 

1 hour ago, Kybernetes_ said:

Submitted through Google Doc.

I just wanted to add that I commend your work. As a former IB student myself, I know how challenging and also how rewarding the program is. In fact, I discovered the word "asexual" even existed to refer to humans as a sexual orientation while I was studying in IB, but it wasn't taught in class or anything. It was from there though that I began to realize there were actually others like me and I wasn't as insane or freakish as everyone had always made me feel. Good luck with your research, hope that my contribution assists you. 

thank you very kindly! 

Chrysocolla Town

Filled the form, though i'm not sure how accurate the results of this research can and will be since

1. it's in english
  2. it's been shared in an english-language forum (and english-language social media accounts)
  3. awareness of asexuality began in USA (and UK) and it expanded with time to the rest of the world, so statistic differences wouldn't be related to GDP per capita as much as to the development of local ace communities and the accessibility to resources on asexuality in your language and in mass media

Just to keep in mind for the "limitations of the study" part. But i don't know if you're also asking for help in specific Indian and SEA ace communities, beside AVEN, so idk.

Good luck (y)

Archived