Am I worried over nothing?

Dawn487

I found out a couple of years ago that I was asexual, the kind of asexual who is absolutely repulsed by sex, but really wants a romantic relationship, but I don't know if I will be able to find an asexual partner because I know that if I date someone who wants to have sex, I'll probably just go along with it even if I'm secretly miserable, and that terrifies me. I very often do just go with the flow and adopt to whatever people want me to be, and it's not healthy because no matter how uncomfortable I am, my fear of rejection always outweighs it in the end. What do?

Hi and Welcome!!!!!! You're among friends here. :cake::cake::cake::D

Have you considered joining an asexual dating site? They do exist, and might be helpful in finding a romantic partner who isn't interested in sex. You might also find out what LGBT+ resources are available in your area, as this would be a good way to run into other asexuals. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Welcome to Aven!!!:cake:

When it comes to a romantic relationship, there needs to be communication. You shouldn't have sex if you don't want to.PERIOD.

A relationship is about trust and communication. If you tell a romantic partner you don't want sex and they reject you for it,then they weren't worth your time.

Communication is key in any relationship, and if you can't communicate with your partner out of fear of anything, then it may be best to rethink about being in a relationship with that person.

Starfall is right,there are asexual dating sites you can try if you want an asexual partner. And checking LGBT+ resources available in your area is a good way of running into other asexuals like Starfall  stated.

Archived