Hi Everyone

Matelin

Hi everyone,

I recently came across the word asexual and what it means and I think it could apply to me.

I split up with a long term boyfriend before christmas, someone who I really loved and wanted to spend the rest of my life with but after a serious of events the emotional connection was broken and it didn't feel right anymore. Both of us devastated.

Anyway, the one thing I know is that the sex never felt right for me, I never insinuated it and often got bored. He struggled with the fact I didn't seem into it and that it wasn't very exciting. Sometimes I found it ok and felt pleased after, maybe more that it was done with. But if he touched me in certain said I often enjoyed it, and kissing sometimes turned me on.

We had planned to settle down this year and I'm still in shock it's over. Also learning I'm possibly asexual has made me really low as I'm confused about how I could possibly meet someone else. I'm ready to start a family and now that feels unlikely. 

Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Does it sound like I'm asexual?

Great to find this website, lovely to meet you all! ☺

Hi, Matelin! Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Sorry to hear about your break-up. 

This is is a great place to learn and communicate and find out things about yourself. It's possible you may be asexual, or somewhere on the Ace spectrum. Or maybe something just outside, or none of the above. But I highly encourage you to explore and find whatever it is that suits you best.

Louise McBear

Hey there. Welcome to the website!

It sounds like you could be asexual, but have a look at other labels just to be sure. But, just know that if you are, that definitely doesn't mean you won't be able to find anyone else, if that's what you want. There are also other options for starting a family, so don't feel too down about it.

I hope AVEN will be able to help. For now, here's your welcome cake!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsSlnIBMooZAVk4yEFZEp

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us! : ) I'm sorry about your relationship. That's really tough. Many people can relate to you here...it's not easy to be in a mixed relationship (someone who may be asexual and someone who is sexual). You're not alone! We're a friendly and supportive bunch, so I suggest exploring and asking questions if you'd like. You could be asexual, or possibly on the gray spectrum. Take your time and see what feels right! I hope you enjoy being a member!

Related image

Archived