Gender confused in middle age!

Lagoon

Hi.

Im almost 46 and still working out my own gender!

Is this unusual? I know Im bisexual and Ive known that forever, yet still question that too, sometimes. Im not very sexual, unless Im madly in love...which has never turned out well.

Its kind of weird to try to work out gender; it seems like trying to work out which stereotype fits best and going from there.

I used to live in a conservative country town and it was not until I moved here that I really even thought about my gender.

I prefer the idea of everyone just being and using the one word "per" (short for person) instead of forever specifying as if gender were the most important aspect of any person yet there are only two types of person to be!

7 minutes ago, Lagoon said:

I prefer the idea of everyone just being and using the one word "per" (short for person) instead of forever specifying as if gender were the most important aspect of any person yet there are only two types of person to be!

^ All this. I'm non-binary and the people that force it onto me- like I Don't Fit Into That Little Box- Or that one either... Been going through plenty of social dysphoria lately too :/ 

Having to fill out forms where they restrict you to one or the other- like, thanks a lot..I don't feel happy to put it down. 

Ok- yeah- sorry that Welcome started on a- lower note then the usual welcomes for me. 

Welcome to AVEN :)

Archived