Do you know any asexuals in real life?

Lilzy

Out of curiosity, do you know any other asexuals in real life? Or are you alone like me and only know asexuals on the internet?

~ to be fair though I'm sure there are other asexual people around you and you just don't know it ;) 

I am close to two people who are on the asexual spectrum.  One of my close friends is demisexual, and another friend's boyfriend is grey-a.  I also have been attending some ace meetups in my area, which lead to me meeting more asexual people, but I don't know them super well yet since I've only been to a few meetups. :) 

I have one ace friend, well, she's in my school, and the first few days we chatted and found out that we're both ace, it was very nice, I had felt alone, I still do in a way, since we are friends but don't hang out, but meeting someone was so relieving

Two of my friends are ace, one of them was the girl who helped me realise I'm ace (she was putting up a lot of ace content over AAW and when she declared 'just in case you haven't guessed...' I had a loooooong conversation with her.

She knows some others in my social network and at my request spoke to one of the guys so I had a male perspective to speak to. He is an awesome guy and it made me feel better about myself that someone 'like him' could be ace.

I haven't actually seen either of them since finding out I'm ace mind...

I only know a few through other friends or ones that I've met shortly. One of my old classmates was ace, one of my sister's classmates, one I met in the local pride while selling merchandise for the LGBT organisation and keeping up the info. Also some Avenites live a few hundred kilometers away so it wouldn't be impossible to meet them.

Yeah, actually, I do, and I've known her for a really long time, so it was kinda weird when I only found out like, five months ago. She's a friend of a friend I've hung out with in real life, and played with on xbox. She's ace, and I did not know it.

None of my friends are ace, as far as I know. I doubt many people in my family even know what asexuality even is. I've only heard maybe one person talk about it in real life, and that was just a conversation I overheard on a walk. Doesn't bother me too much but it'd be cool to know someone who was ace. 

I never met any other ace outside AVEN, I already met a lesbian  and a few multisexual folks.

2 hours ago, CBC said:

My husband, but I met him on the internet (on AVEN), so I dunno if that counts haha.

Haha that definitely counts :D Also that's great!

1 hour ago, Ciri said:

I've met tonnes of avenites and my partner is one of them - we'll have been together for 1 year next month.

Nice :D 

I haven't met other aces AFK by chance, but I've been to an ace meetup and am planning on attending more.

Just now, Nebulous said:

I haven't met other aces AFK by chance, but I've been to an ace meetup and am planning on attending more.

Cool :D 

Perhaps I'll go to an ace meetup sometime in the future.  If I am brave enough to that is haha.

1 hour ago, Laplace said:

None of my friends are ace, as far as I know. I doubt many people in my family even know what asexuality even is. I've only heard maybe one person talk about it in real life, and that was just a conversation I overheard on a walk. Doesn't bother me too much but it'd be cool to know someone who was ace. 

Yeah, it would be cool.  The closest thing to hearing about asexuality irl I have experienced was just hearing some kids at my school talk about it, but they totally didn't get it XD 

I guess I very likely do. Have known him since I live, because it seems it's my brother. It's funny how our trains of thoughts are identical or at least very similar on topics related to it.

Besides that, nope. But I don't have any other close contacts besides my closest relatives that I'm interacting enough with to know anyway.

I don't have any friends/people I am familiar with that identify as Ace, unfortunately. Some I suspect? Sure! But that's not my call, haha.

At the time I don't know any Aces in real life.

Edited:

I know 3 aces for sure, and one demi

I don't know any so far as I know although one of my sisters friends boyfriends is ace. Few degrees of seperation there!

I don´t think so. I know few people in real life as it is. 

My best friend is asexual! I came out as ace and then so did she! ... :ph34r: it's slightly creepy how similar we are, actually.

Yeah! I mentioned relationships weren't really a strong area of mine around a new friend a while back, and she asked if I was ace. I was really stunned that someone figured it out so quickly, and then she said that she's ace, too. So it's super cool to actually know someone else who understands the Ace Stuff™.

On 1/18/2017 at 3:44 PM, Lilzy said:

Out of curiosity, do you know any other asexuals in real life? Or are you alone like me and only know asexuals on the internet?

Same as you.

I wish I knew a few in the real world.

So you're saying this isn't real life, and people here aren't real?! :o  

But yeah, I get what was meant here ;)  I think there are much more asexuals people around than commonly thought, only the label isn't commonly known so how could people identify as such (even I didn't know a month ago that it exists, or that I could be one)... Hopefully this will change one day.

1 hour ago, Florenna said:

So you're saying this isn't real life, and people here aren't real?! :o  

But yeah, I get what was meant here ;)  I think there are much more asexuals people around than commonly thought, only the label isn't commonly known so how could people identify as such (even I didn't know a month ago that it exists, or that I could be one)... Hopefully this will change one day.

Im sure it will improve what with the internet. Look in the Older forum at how long some of us struggled with our "sexuality". We knew there was "something" about ourselves until we found out about asexuality.

Only one; a demisexual, buuuut I only talked to her twice. There's another person I suspect is ace, but it wouldn't feel right to outright ask.

I don't know people who identify as asexual, but I know people who don't want to date or be in any type of romantic relationship and they don't sleep around either, so I'm assuming they're not having sex.

Archived