Hello

Kind Spiral

Hey, 

Just to say hi and share, it was nice to find these forums. I've only got folks I'm not comfortable sharing with and people I was comfortable sharing with, that proved to be unsupportive. So this is great.

I'm 27, Demi and a budding professional still trying to figure out how to correctly adult. I've only recently caught on to my ace status and to be honest I was a little embittered, if still liberated and relatively at peace with it.

To make a long story short I've consistently been in relationships I would characterize as long term. My epiphany, following another poorly executed relationship, did put a lot of suffering into focus. Unfortunately that understanding has translated directly into embittered feelings, that do pretty well cover what makes up the entire swath of my adolescent and adult life.

Normally I'm person who copes through humor, light and dark. However, with only myself to talk with I find it not very amusing.

I do want to say that even given my less than overjoyed outlook, it was a wonderful and freeing experience ultimately. 

I'll probably creep around for a while here and there. 

Hello, Spiral!

Welcome!

For sure, the realization can be awesome and liberating. But sadly can still provide some down points. Sorry you're feeling embittered right now. Hopefully some chatting will help, along with a little sweetness: :cake:

Creep all you like!

Welcome to the forum kind

chocolate-avocado-cake.jpg?itok=E2eWE_Dx

I've been at ease with my asexuality, yet not out. Revisiting AVEN last week has really made me feel positive about my situation as I now know there are a lot of folks that have gone down the same puzzling path as I have. Communicating about it here really helps.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for sharing your story and joining! : ) You'll find a lot of people here that can relate to you and that are super supportive!! I understand how difficult it can be to not be comfortable talking about this with other people...or not gaining support. But you're not alone here. : ) Ha, I can also relate about the difficulties of adulting!! Adulting is so hard. Seriously. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Image result for chocolate cake

Archived