Ever thought you were finally feeling it, but turned out to be wrong?

Mychemicalqpr

Mychemicalqpr

Has anyone else ever experienced something that made you think for a minute that you might finally be feeling sexual attraction, but then you realized you were confusing it with something else?  Like romantic attraction, aesthetic attraction, curiosity, a fetish, or anything else? 

YES.

For a while my friend of 10 years was in a bad relationship that finally ended. We've always got along really well, I think he's good-looking, he's an excellent cook, and he'd shown interest in me before... And then he was considering getting back with an ex who was also pretty crappy. And I just kinda blurted out that I was interested. I'd been thinking about it for a while before then.

But yeah, we got together for a little while. Then made the hanky-panky... the first time was okay. But it quickly lost it's appeal. And he's a guy who has sex with his partners, so... yeah. This was my last relationship before my Ace days.

What I felt was genuine sexual attraction but now I think it was mostly based on fantasies. There was also a large dose of curiosity.

Yes, I did have this happen to me at one point.

I was using some dating sites and someone had messaged me and we hit it off through text. After being naive, it ended up only being liking the idea of someone/something and not actual sexual attraction or attraction at all. This was also when I thought sexual attraction is the all be and was trying to force myself to have these feelings for someone.

I'm not TOO upset about since it helped me realize and accept who I was but kind of slapping myself for being so silly in thinking that way. 

One time, a long time ago (6 years by now) I thought I was romantically attracted to someone, but they turned out to be already with a girlfriend. Maybe I was just attracted to the idea of hanging out with them- like one on one but with a group of people at the same time? Idk because it turned out that the people that were part of that gospel choir were some of the most legalistic Christians out there. Nothing against Christianity itself and Christians' views of the world, but when people out of your group turn into the Fashion Police because you have to follow their rules for being a True Christian™. Turned into one of the worst college semesters ever- and not because of the professors. 

But- now I'm mostly sworn off of romantic relationships- it's just not my thing anyway and I've always found the media's portrayal of romantic and sexual relationships to be off putting. (There are a few exceptions for me though)

Yup, turned out I really needed a wee...

RavenclawFuryThingy

A few things here and there but I think my mind was making it up as an excuse to know what it's like out of curiosity.  

RoseGoesToYale

Story of my life. Although I've figured out recently that it might just be me drinking too much coffee :P (heart rate increases, you feel "keyed up"... according to my friends, the feeling is similar). There are also moments where I find someone aesthetically attractive and I think "C'mon, if I just imagine real hard, maybe I'll finally feel it." But it doesn't happen.

I had one moment, that I'm still not completely sure of... I was hanging out with a guy I was romantically attracted to (and he was even more so to me) and we were play fighting, when I kind of got an urge to touch him more? But it wasn't like "I wanna have seeex... " or even to touch him in sexual areas or ways, so maybe it was just sensual attraction? I don't know, I didn't act on it too much :wacko:

Before I knew what asexuality was I thought romantic/aesthetic attraction WERE sexual attraction. Then I realized sex was no.

Hermit Advocate
On 1/18/2017 at 11:43 AM, Tainted said:

Yup, turned out I really needed a wee...

Same.

Archived