Chest Binders?

Avangelica

I am androgynous but I only recently figured this out. I really want to get a chest binder but I don't know where to start. What are the best types (I have smaller breasts if that helps)? Where do I get one? What are some things I should be concerned about health wise? 

Get GC2B. Hands down best company. They have really good sizing, different styles and colors,and they're actually relatively cheap. They're more flattening than Underworks, and a ton safer than T-Kingdom and LoveBoat (which have been known to cause damage).

As for health concerns, don't wear for 9+ hours, don't sleep in it, and exercise in it is discouraged. Every now and then you should stretch and cough while wearing it. If you don't use your full lung capacity with regularity, the tissue can die off and be reduced, and coughing will use all parts of your lungs as well as clearing out stale air. Remember to take some days off now and then (for example, if you'll just be at home for a few days that might be a good time because you don't have to worry about presentation very much. 

Hope this helps!

I have heard alot about gc2b  that it was very good. One of the things i do is wearing sports bra's to try out what binding would feel like. Maybe you could do something like that first? Then you could alwayas start looking for the right binder. ChillaKilla has some good points to start with if you want to look for a good binder.

If you love your breasts, try 2 sizes smaller double sports bra, or compression shirts or clothing layering.

I haven't tried other binders, but agreed, GC2B are generally the most recommended. Can be a bit pricey, though. Make sure you measure yourself (maybe do it a few times over a few days to make sure) and get the correct sized binder, don't think about going too small. Depending on your size you may have to wait a while for it to get back in stock, especially if you have a preference for the colour or style (half/full binders). I think I had to wait 2-3 weeks for mine to get back in stock and order it. It did arrive very quickly though, shipping from US to UK...

5 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

If you love your breasts, try 2 sizes smaller double sports bra, or compression shirts or clothing layering.

"if you love your breasts" ...?

Just now, Simowl said:

I haven't tried other binders, but agreed, GC2B are generally the most recommended. Can be a bit pricey, though. Make sure you measure yourself (maybe do it a few times over a few days to make sure) and get the correct sized binder, don't think about going too small. Depending on your size you may have to wait a while for it to get back in stock, especially if you have a preference for the colour or style (half/full binders). I think I had to wait 2-3 weeks for mine to get back in stock and order it. It did arrive very quickly though, shipping from US to UK...

"if you love your breasts" ...?

"If you love your body, the last thing you should try for binding is a binder."

I'm not an Trans man, I'm a nb androgynous folk and I don't feel bad for having breasts, I wouldn't ever wish for they to disappear, but I have the need to bind and hide them when life calls, I'm trying to say that I value my chest, I'm not getting rid of it, and binding with a binder can be painful, cause asthma, acid reflux, break ribs, cause skin problems and mammary infections, also long term binding makes breasts saggy and there's no researches on long term decades of binding.

All I'm trying to say is if you value your chest, try other methods of binding first  and if your chest is too big you can get a breast reduction/liposuction there. If you don't rly care though, go ahead and bind, it's the best option though, just respect the limit time of 12 hours per day and not wear it daily, don't exercise on it and don't sleep on it and you'll be fine.

I have never seen any evidence that prolonged use of a binder damages your breast tissue any more or less than prolonged bra usage. So I don't know if I agree with that assessment, that if you love your breasts you should use a sports bra.

I mean, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. You can wear a sports bra for as long as you like while awake (but I don't recommend wearing one while sleeping). You can even wear it while exercising (duh.... but yeah). A binder can't be worn for more than 8 hours, and not while exercising (or sleeping of course). But the binder will make a flatter chest, so if a sports bra isn't enough compression then a binder is a good recourse if you don't mind the limitations. All pros and cons, but if you follow all the rules, I am not convinced that damage with a binder is inevitable. You just have to be aware and careful.

36 minutes ago, Heart said:

I have never seen any evidence that prolonged use of a binder damages your breast tissue any more or less than prolonged bra usage. So I don't know if I agree with that assessment, that if you love your breasts you should use a sports bra.

I mean, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. You can wear a sports bra for as long as you like while awake (but I don't recommend wearing one while sleeping). You can even wear it while exercising (duh.... but yeah). A binder can't be worn for more than 8 hours, and not while exercising (or sleeping of course). But the binder will make a flatter chest, so if a sports bra isn't enough compression then a binder is a good recourse if you don't mind the limitations. All pros and cons, but if you follow all the rules, I am not convinced that damage with a binder is inevitable. You just have to be aware and careful.

Well, every rule has exceptions,  not every long term binder user get back pain, shortness of breathing, rib and lung damage, dermatitis, skin rashes, breast tissue breakage, acid reflux, etc. If you proper bind, you have a chance of being comfortable. respect your body and you'll lower the chance of ending up like sad Internet binderer pictures.

nerdperson777

I've written posts on it several times so I'll just have a tl;dr.

Go to gc2b for the best flattening effect.  I've gotten itchy wearing them so I prefer Underworks.  gc2b works by being much close to the skin.  I'm not a fan of the high collar that their binders have.  I'm small chested and I exercise regularly.  I don't mind sacrificing a little flatness.  It gives me pecs, which I'm okay with.  A gc2b binder flattens me so much that I have more of a belly than chest.  It's practically no chest.

However, I don't follow the safety instructions because I never really had issues.  I commonly wear a binder for longer than 8 hours, I fall asleep in it (a lot), what else?  I obviously exercise in it.  I just have only been wearing it half the days in the winter when I'm not out exercising.  It definitely is warmer in one though.

Archived