Hello?

Chorvus

Hi there,

I'm in my second year of college and just realized I'm aromantic this past week. I've known I was asexual for at least twoish years now though.

I'm still processing my internalized stereotypes I didn't know I had? It's been really stressful to be honest. I'm pretty upset by society and myself.

I've never dated OR kissed OR had sex so.... I've always known it didn't make me comfortable, I guess? And once I realized that I was ace it made a lot more sense (not that ace people can't date, but it makes a lot of sense for me specifically, because I never really wanted to...)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for introducing yourself! : ) You'll find a lot of people that can relate to you. I can definitely relate to what you said about never having dated or kissed or had sex but just knowing that it didn't feel right. Take your time exploring and feel free to discuss whatever's on your mind! I hope you enjoy being a member~

Image result for yummy cake

Welcome to AVEN! 

I am new here too, but I can relate a lot to your story. Processing takes time. I hope you can find all the answers you need. :cake:

22 hours ago, Chorvus said:

Hi there,

I'm in my second year of college and just realized I'm aromantic this past week. I've known I was asexual for at least twoish years now though.

I'm still processing my internalized stereotypes I didn't know I had? It's been really stressful to be honest. I'm pretty upset by society and myself.

I've never dated OR kissed OR had sex so.... I've always known it didn't make me comfortable, I guess? And once I realized that I was ace it made a lot more sense (not that ace people can't date, but it makes a lot of sense for me specifically, because I never really wanted to...)

Welcome to AVEN 

chocolate-avocado-cake.jpg?itok=E2eWE_Dx

Hopefully your visits here will help guide you thru your stresses. If you're thinking it's difficult, imagine living many years not knowing what is going on.

Archived