wow this is scary

marzypan

ok um hello everyone! i'm in high school and until now i never really thought my sexuality was something that needed to be figured out. i've always crushed on boys, etc. but i came across an ace character in a fanfic (of course lol) and something about it made me google asexuality, and read quite a few articles, and lay awake for hours at night wondering if maybe this described me. i guess my main doubting point is that i never thought about being ace before i came across this character? like, i didn't know what asexuality was, but i also didn't have the feelings that others describe about actively not wanting sex. so i kinda feel like it's invalid because i never had a feeling of being asexual before. i guess maybe i was (still am?) too young? i don't really know.

there's a good chance i'm never going to post this. we'll see if i work up the courage i guess. 

I never had sex, and was never attracted to anyone in high school- so in a way (long before I knew the terms) I was Aromantic and Asexual. 

Welcome to AVEN! :)🍰

Hi, Marley! Welcome! :cake:

It's possible you may be ace or somewhere on the spectrum. I don't like to say someone's too young to understand something about themselves. But it is something that usually requires time. At least a bit. Time, searching, exploration. And please feel as free as you like to chat it up with peeps here. We have all sorts!

I was extremely confused in high school, so I congratulate you on at least getting this far. ;)

PurveyorOfBadPuns

Welcome! :)  I started thinking about ace-ness in high school since I've never had a crush on anyone.  Some aces are sex repulsed (actively do not want sex) and some are not (either feeling neutral towards the act as I do enjoying the physical sensations).  The defining characteristic is not feeling sexually attracted to people.  You don't have to decide if this describes you now.  I'm 21 and still working things out.  I'm glad you're here no matter what!

1 hour ago, marley311 said:

there's a good chance i'm never going to post this. we'll see if i work up the courage i guess. 

Well you did and that's a good sign. Welcome to AVEN

chocolate-avocado-cake.jpg?itok=E2eWE_Dx

I was never interested in sex nor sexually attracted to anyone. I finally figured things out about 10 years ago (I'm 55 now). I haven't come out yet but to to be able to this year

Archived