Is licking someone considered erotic/sexual behavior?

The Lonely Hug Monster

The Lonely Hug Monster

This has been on my mind often. 

I remember when I was licked without consent, it was a very creepy experience.

When I see it in videos, it creeps me out still.

Someone just up and licked you? ... weird. That person, whoever they are, is weird.

I suppose it would depend on the scenario. I'm hvaving trouble imagine when licking between anyone who's not a kid wouldn't be sexual... unless there was some kind of whipped cream challenge going on. Or something.

The Lonely Hug Monster
22 minutes ago, Moophie said:

Someone just up and licked you? ... weird. That person, whoever they are, is weird.

I suppose it would depend on the scenario. I'm hvaving trouble imagine when licking between anyone who's not a kid wouldn't be sexual... unless there was some kind of whipped cream challenge going on. Or something.

It was a so-called friend pressuring me, when I visited them.

Just now, The Lonely Hug Monster said:

It was a so-called friend pressuring me, when I visited them.

Ohhhhhhh. Asshole-idiot, then. Got it.

The last guy I was with had a thing for French kissing. Like, ew. Pulling my face away and telling him I didn't like it didn't seem to get through somehow.

Maybe there's a way you could try associate that with something positive, though?

The Lonely Hug Monster
5 minutes ago, Moophie said:

Ohhhhhhh. Asshole-idiot, then. Got it.

The last guy I was with had a thing for French kissing. Like, ew. Pulling my face away and telling him I didn't like it didn't seem to get through somehow.

Maybe there's a way you could try associate that with something positive, though?

Care to give an example?

Umm... (rusty cogs turning)

Anything pleasant that involves licking. My mind keeps going to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's Half Baked... nom.

NerotheReaper

Well when done by humans it is supposed to imply they are 'tasting' you. When someone 'eats' you well...I won't go into much detail, but yeah it is mostly used in some sexual setting or context.

In most cases when a grown person is licking another grown person, there's some sexual element to it. It's flirtatious...or at least I've flirted that way. I'm likely not the best example of flirting behaviour.

But yeah, it's completely reasonable for you to not like getting licked. Somebody licking you without your consent is not acceptable. If a friend did it on a whim, they should now know never to do it again.

Well, licking is something very sexual, if it weren't an sexual act I doubt adult brain-abled people would lick genitalias.

Licking stuff is very sexual arousing (I hope some people get what I Mean by this image, you know, "pussy" Licking).

stock-photo-beautiful-sexy-young-woman-w

I'd like to point out that posting pictures that may be sexually suggestive may be seen as vulgar or inappropriate to some people, so please be mindful of what you post.

Tal Shi'ar

Co Mod for Questions about Asexuality.

Even if it wasn't in a sexually suggestive manner (like with pets/animals), I think being licked by another person would give me the heebie-jeebies just cause it triggers the "why are you spreading your germs all over my face (or wherever)" instinct. Plus, it'd be really embarrassing honestly. It's a gesture that I think even my dense, aro ace brain would probably at least consider flirtatious, if not an outright invitation to have intercourse right then and there.

Edit: Also, it doesn't help when a lot of creepy/stalker characters in fiction have some sort of licking obsession. :blink:

Luftschlosseule

non-sexual situation: A friend of mine showed another friend of mine a move from a martial arts path which name I always forget. In this move you get your opponent to the floor and render them moveless. But both are face to face. So the friend that was shown the technique liked her friends face and she was so surprised that she let go.

Anthracite_Impreza

Yes, in most situations licking someone is pretty sexual...

I've done it and I don't consider it sexual (as long as you're not licking sexual parts). It's kind of like french kissing some people get aroused by it. Obviously I didn't.

Hermit Advocate

Licking anyone in general is creepy to me. I don't want another persons saliva on me.