Feeling perturbed with certain sexual dreams; unsure about some things.

Katerin

I normally don't have these sorts of dreams, but lately I've been having very vivid dreams, like strange sexual dreams. Heads up, this may become detail-y. They don't involve me, it's usually people behaving immensely sexual or, I guess seductive? And they're not being seductive to me. It's like I'm watching a sexual scene. I wake up feeling depressed, and I feel it's because while I am comfortable with my sexuality, I feel anxious or timid when it comes to expressing it to others, and I also feel the same when someone is expressing their sexuality, be it in media or irl unless it's a really close friend. I've been coming to terms with these situations in life even though it can be difficult at times, I am able to move forward at least. But in my dreams, it feels so much worse. Normally I just wake up and tell myself, "Okay, it was just a dream, your mind is probably just reflecting old emotions or playing tricks on you because dreams are weird," or something to the effect of that. I don't know what these dreams really mean, but I do know that maybe I've been thinking too much about sexuality, because I've been trying to be comfortable with my own, and heal from old emotions. Also, I am a very observant person, and living in a very sexually charged culture whilst being indifferent about my own sexuality as well as others tends to make me think about things probably the way a psychologist would, perhaps. I don't know why, but I think about these things a lot, and when I do I tend to do so in a way that is like, solving a situation or understanding the situation. It's hard to explain. I do it as a means of coming to terms with myself and related situations. I try not to allow it to consume my life, but oddly, it seems to be there in the back of my mind; the thoughts, the dreams. It's not that I want to think about them, but I guess it's sort of habitual since I've been trying to change. . . and be more comfortable. 

Is this normal? Do others experience anything similar? 

I feel like we often dream about the things we do throughout the day. I don't think that these dreams mean that you're more sexual than usual, but your environment probably is. Have you been watching more TV shows that have lots of sexual scenes in them lately? Do your friends talk about sexual situations a lot or are they seductive and flirty?

I've had all sorts of weird dreams before, so don't stress out too much over them; I mean you don't have much (if any) control over what your brain conjures up while you're unconscious. I've had sex dreams before, but I still think I'm aro ace. I've had terrifying nightmares about me dying in some horrible way for an entire week straight, but that didn't mean I feared my death was imminent. The brain is weird, and sometimes it just cooks up really bizarre stuff for no real reason sometimes.

Mychemicalqpr

I've occasionally had things that could count as sex dreams. It's not very realistic, but it will count as sex in my dream physics.  I don't think it's so unusual to dream about it as a result of your mind trying to comprehend it or your libido trying to do things in your sleep. 

Normal? For sure. Potentially disturbing? Also yes. ;)

5 hours ago, helana12_03 said:

I feel like we often dream about the things we do throughout the day. I don't think that these dreams mean that you're more sexual than usual, but your environment probably is. Have you been watching more TV shows that have lots of sexual scenes in them lately? Do your friends talk about sexual situations a lot or are they seductive and flirty?

Yes, this is exactly what happens throughout the day, or regularly

Archived