PARANORMAL EXPERIENCES

arekathevampyre

arekathevampyre

Anyone experienced the paranormal or occult ? 

Share with me ! 

I will share my experiences when more entries are in :) 

J. van Deijck

Does telepathy or future predictions count?

I'm sensitive to such things and I can feel much more things than normal people can. There were so many strange facts in my life that it's hard not to believe in sth paranormal.

I've had quite a few paranormal or unexplainable experiences myself, and so have many other members of my family, including my mother who lived in a haunted house for about 3 years, and my sister who actually used to talk to a ghost when she was younger.

Anyway, this is proabably my weirdest experience.

So this experience took place when I was about 11 years old. At the time I shared a bedroom with my sister, and because she was scared of the room that lead off ours we had a lock on it that I made sure was secure every night. This way no one could get in, and my sister felt safe.

Anyway, so this night was no different. I locked the door, said goodnight to my sister, and went to sleep. That's when the 'normalness' stopped.

I was awoken at some time later in the night by a dream I had. I can't remember exactly what the dream was about, but it woke me up nonetheless. Anyway, so as I was rubbing my eyes open I noticed a strange glow around the room, like as if someone was holding a light of some sort. I focused my vision, looked around the room, and found out where the light source was coming from, and I literally shat myself when I saw it. In the center of our room was a huge glowing light, as if someone was shining a flashlight on me. The problem though was that I had locked the door and the window, so no one could get in. What was also weird was that this light had a strange green hue to it, unlike any flashlight I had ever seen before.

So being scared shitless, I quickly hid my head under the covers and lied as still as possible. It would have been probably 10 minutes later that I decided to see if the light was still there, and of course it still was, but I noticed something that I didn't notice before. (NOTE: The room was lit up enough that I could basically see everything). No one else was in the room, and no one was holding the light, so that totally ruled out the flashlight theory I had. This damn light was just floating there on its own, and now I had absolutely no idea what the heck it was.

I hid under the covers again and just sat there on the verge of tears. About 20 minutes later it was morning, so I guess I must have fallen asleep at some point and hadn't realised it. The light was now gone, thankfully.

I rushed over to the door and the lock hadn't been touched whatsoever, some with the window lock. This totally ruled out anyone getting in our room that night.

I asked my mum what she thought it was, and she had no clue and still doesn't. Honestly, I have no idea either, and haven't found any answers.

I also saw the same thing again about another month later, in the exact same spot. After that though I never saw it again, and I personally don't want to.

NerotheReaper

I am skeptical of everything, but I am open to the possibilities of there being things humans have yet to discover or understand. I see it kind of like aliens, there is so much we don't know while I'm not religious anymore don't think there is some grand puppet master. There could be a hidden layer to reality most people don't have access to. I do wonder maybe if people who have had near death experiences, have some 'pass' or ability to see things that cannot be explained. 

I think my earliest experience was there is this old asylum in my city, it was abandoned and everything. I didn't know what an asylum was, but just something felt off about that place for some reason. It wasn't until later when I learned that building was in fact an asylum, thing is it wasn't just any asylum. Apparently when someone died they never properly disposed of the bodies. Well now it is a hotel, and even as a skeptical person I am afraid to stay there. 

Another experience is, I was in my early teens and for some reason I couldn't sleep. I woke up and went to get something to drink, and in my house there was something known as a shadow person. I ran back to my room in fear and hid under the covers, this happened for a while it eventually stopped. 

I'm sure someone will comment about these, and say these weren't bad or could be explained. Yeah maybe it wasn't paranormal, maybe it was. It is important to always keep an open mind about things. 

I remember there was this one night, where I was sleeping in my grandma's basement.. I woke up in the night to see a huge shadow figure standing on the side of the bed. It looked almost like a person wearing a long jacket. Couldn't tell whether it was menacing looking or not.. But on thing's for sure, I was scared. 

I've spent many of my days doing my homework in the basement and I've always felt a presence .

J. van Deijck

Every time my father wishes something bad to someone, it always happens.

It's creepy, but also quite useful it seems, and I wish I had such powers.

Anthracite_Impreza

I had a remote control drop on the floor behind me once while waiting for the bath. I'd left it snugly on top of my pyjamas about a foot from the edge of my drawers.

I remember one night when I was little.  I was standing outside of my parents room because I couldn't sleep.  And when I looked at the direction of my little sisters room.  I saw a shadow and it started move towards me really fast.  So I run into my parents room and hide in there bed. The day after I asked my sister if she was awake then but she was not according to her. She can have been sleep walking because she has done that before.  But the shadow moved so fast and silent that i still keep asking me this.  What was that? 

Recently, I've been listening to all sorts of "True Scary Stories" on YT, (most of which probably aren't real to start with...), but I mysefl don't really have anything to report. Which may be a good thing, because if I saw a menacing shadow figure standing next to my bed in the middle of the night, I'd probably crap myself :mellow:

arekathevampyre

Icelime . Does the shadow person wear a hat too in addition to the long jacket ? If so , it may be the famous hat man .

This was what I wrote to a lady who coined the term "the hat man" : I was wondering if every one 's sighting of the hat man will be slightly different (in terms of appearance and frequencies of the "visits") . As I read on Reddit (or some forum , can't remember) , many people said that they saw it at night , in a dark cloak/trench coat , with glowing red/amber eyes and wearing a fedora/cow boy hat , in various variations as stated  . And that the duration of it appearing in front of the victims differ slightly too . Some longer , some shorter . 

Also , it is true that only certain people can see it and in the case of a guy saying that his father had saw it before many years before he did (possibly appearing to an entire family ?) , so how does it work ? 

Here's my own experiences with it . I saw it twice . it happened quite a while back so I write best to my memory . 
The first time I was sleeping and suddenly woke up to see it at the corner of the room right above my built in closet door (ceiling height) . I got so scared and tried to close my eyes and said a prayer and i had sleep paralysis and it took a long time before it finally disappeared  (on estimation , maybe 25 - 30 min) . I was able to look around to see everyone asleep the whole time but body cannot move . 
The second time (some weeks later) ,  I was also asleep and woke up again to see it floating above me (ceiling again) . It was staring at me angrily so I tried by closing my eyes quickly and opening them quickly , hoping it disappear but it didnt (still looking at me) . I said a prayer and again experience sleep paralysis . On estimation , it may have took a little longer this time . 
The first time it was a semi full body (or full body , forgot already) apparition , the whole entity was amber and was dressed in a fedora with a trench coat . 
The second time it was only up to the neck area (slightly before the chest) and also amber and dressed in fedora and trench coat . 
After that , I pray every night and don't see it anymore , but sometimes when the room gets a bit too dark , I almost can feel it's presence again . 

Am I psychic ? I am able to kind of "predict" the future with my dreams , for example , I dreamt that I am at  hospital with my family . Not long after having the dream , either me or my family had to go to the hospital for a checkup (not pre-planned by doctor but decided to go to the hospital as felt unwell) and both of us needed to go for different reasons . And I was able to dream of my relative who had already passed on twice (not yet as of when the dream happen) and I had tried to communicate with her (the first time : she didnt see me , the second time : she looked at me) and at the hospital , I did manage to communicate with her the last time , not long after she said she want to go up (pass away) , she did  . Also when I am on the way to the hospital after hearing the news she was warded , I felt really unwell (cant breathe) and remained the same all the time at the hospital until I went home . Many things that I dreamt of or say seem to have relation to the future (or near future) . 

And I can see shadow people once in a while and things in photos not many can see . 

arekathevampyre

Everybody , keep up the good job , do share if you have more experiences or know anyone who do . By the way , I used to keep a paranormal blog (deleted it) but now unsure if I should reopen a new one as a resource/entertainment blog . 

Might as well post another experience of mine.

-----

When I was about 11-12 years old I went through this 'phase' where I'd stay at home by myself when my mother and siblings went into town to do shopping and whatnot. I guess I thought it would make me seem more tough and responsible or something.

So anyway, this day was no different. My family went into town and I stayed at home all alone, like a "tough" person.

My family had been gone for about 50 minutes now, and I was sitting on a couch reading a book about dinosaurs, as I was obsessed with them at the time.

Now for a basic explanation of the setting.  So, the TV room I was sitting in was also part of the kitchen, and off the kitchen was the door that lead into the bathroom, and off the bathroom was a spare bedroom that was vacant at the time. I'm terrible at explaining things, sorry.

So anyway, I looked up from the book for a few minutes to see if I could see any of the cats in the bathroom, as they'd often come inside to eat and sleep. Thats when I saw this thing.

I had only been looking up for maybe 30-40 seconds, when this pitch-black shadow casually walked (well, more like 'floated') out of the spare bedroom and into the bathroom, and eventually out of my sight. This all took place in about 5 seconds, in broad daylight, and I was looking directly at the thing. So it wasn't like I just thought I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye or anything. No, I was actually looking right at it.

The shadow itself wasn't very detailed looking, mainly just a vaguely human-shaped blob that was somewhat solid. I could definitely make out a head though.

I sat there frozen in fear for what seemed like an eternity, but eventually ran outside into the front yard, locked the front door behind me, and sat under a tree until my family got home, which was about 20 minutes later. 

To make it worse, the whole time I was sitting outside I had this feeling like as if someone was behind me watching my every move, but I dared not look back because right behind myself and the tree was a window into the kitchen and TV room.

I still have no explanation as to what I saw, and neither do my family members.

Oh, and for those who are curious, I've done a really, really rough drawing of the basic setting of the house and what the shadow looked like;

Spoiler

tBjUm5Hl.jpg

That's interesting, I've seen such a shadow too when I was a kid! :D

I think it was 2001 when it happened (I think it wasn't even a month after my grandmother died).

It was a Sunday I think. I woke up in the middle of the night and grabbed a drink that was positioned next to the bed. Facing the bed was a corridor, right from the corridor was my brother's room, if I were to go straight, I would have entered the bathroom and going to the left of the corridor and making a turn to the left would have made me enter the living room. That's when I saw just the same kind of shadow you're describing slowly walking – or rather floating – from the right (where my brother's room is) to the left (towards the living room turn), it didn't have feet touching the ground, looked a bit like it was a cloaked being with a head, floating slightly above the ground. The silhouette you've drawn represents it nearly perfectly I think!

There was a weak light source coming from my brother's room from a street light near the window and from what I recall, the shadow did cast a weak shadow itself.

The whole thing took about 4-5 seconds as well and needless to say, little me was scared, because it slowed down for a moment when it was passing the doorframe of the room I was in, as if checking on who's inside. After the initial scare I turned away and saw some strange abstract eye-shape right before me, so I put the covers above my head and closed my eyes. I woke my mother but she was so tired she just told me I shouldn't worry, I was imagining things and I should just sleep. Eventually I did fall asleep.

The next day I asked my brother if he was walking around at night (as I was sleeping with my parents then and both were asleep at that moment, we had a very small flat). He said no. Even if it was him, he didn't wear anything reminding me of a cloak nor did he have such proportions or size. I even still recall the time, it was around 2AM and something in the morning according to the alarm.

I'm blaming it primarily on my childish fantasy and the combination of the darkness though (isn't unlikely after all), however, I find it very interesting that there are others who seem to describe the same kind of "presence". Even if that one wasn't a product of my own fantasy, the abstract appearance right after was (with a high probability) my fantasy going nuts from the overwhelming observation and situation. :lol:

Such experiences and stories can be quite inspirational though.

I'm here because eventually some asshole would show up saying the paranormal isn't real, so I figured I'd be that asshole.

I've been to 3 of the "most haunted locations in the U.S." and I can tell you that paranormal entities are either terrified of me, or they don't exist.

arekathevampyre

I actually saw a skin colored shadow person (which I mistook for my dad) when I was a kid , "dad" opened the door , came it , walked pass me (I was seated on the floor in front of the sofa in the living room) , waled imto the kitchen and to the back bathroom (to wash feet - habit) . I even heard the metal door being shifted , so I went to the toilet to take a look and called out . There was no response . I pushed the door open (quite heavy) , but there was no one . Panicked , I rushed back into the living room , trying to process all that had happened , just in time to see my REAL dad coming back . *faints* :o

5 hours ago, _V_ said:

I'm here because eventually some asshole would show up saying the paranormal isn't real, so I figured I'd be that asshole.

I've been to 3 of the "most haunted locations in the U.S." and I can tell you that paranormal entities are either terrified of me, or they don't exist.

Either they don't exist, or you're (un)lucky, or such entities hate an anti-paranormal attitude. Maybe that's something like racism for them, so they feel deeply insulted and refuse to appear for you? Or they have an attitude a'la "Meh, we can't even play tricks on that one, s/he'll begin questioning it and make up some rational explanation or excuse. Scrap the pranks, guys! It won't be any fun with that one!" :lol:

I actually wonder if any adults saw such shadows.

I didn't ever see it again since that one time, so I'm definitely not excluding that this shadow person is "just some archaic fear" that's being projected by a child's overly vivid fantasy, because, clearly, there seems to be some overlap in the stories posted here. Besides the shape, one of them is that they seem to take place in childhood. Is it hardcoded in our brains? I'm very curious, too bad I'll probably never get an answer to it in my whole lifetime. <_<

Or it really is paranormal stuff, the overlaps could just as well be used as an argument for it. That's the tricky part about all this, proving or disproving it is… difficult at best.

What to aim for? What criteria have to be met to spot something? How to capture it? How to measure it? How to analyse it?

drjohnhwatson

We had weird stuff happen at our old house, which is right next to us that we rent out now.  Our neighbour kid would play with a man who wasn't there, stuff would be put in weird places (remote in the freezer, stuff in the bathtub), weird shadows, weird bangs and cracks, doors slamming shut, etc.  The guy we rent to said he was watching TV one night and saw a black form by his TV and it scared him, haha.

Although in terms of what remember (all I remember of the old house is being absolutely PETRIFIED of sleeping upstairs.  My parents wouldn't let me sleep downstairs but sometimes I'd sneak down and sleep on the floor if I could after they went to bed.  If they caught me, or were still up, I'd literally SLEEP ON THE STAIRS.  That's how terrified I was.  My younger sister was petrified too we were just so uneasy, haha), I went to Gettysburg a couple years ago.  My mom and I stayed in this hotel, and she fell asleep and I was getting ready for bed.  I turned on the shower and felt it until it got hot,  and while it was running, I ran the sink water (I know!  Wasteful, haha) to brush my teeth.  As I was brushing my teeth, the shower water kicked off.  Which, OK, fine.  It's old plumbing, right?  Can't have the shower running at the same time as the sink, or whatever.

I finished with my teeth, and turned the sink off.  The shower didn't come back on, which I thought strange, but whatever.  I went to it and found the knob was completely off.  And I like my showers HOT, unless it's summer and I'm hot, then I like them cold.  It wasn't, though.  I had it HOT.  The knob had turned all the way back to the cold side and off.

I woke my mom up.  She thought I was being dumb, like I hadn't actually turned it on and imagined it or something, and I still had to take my shower.

I was hysterical.

On 19.01.2017 at 6:02 AM, arekathevampyre said:

I actually saw a skin colored shadow person (which I mistook for my dad) when I was a kid , "dad" opened the door , came it , walked pass me (I was seated on the floor in front of the sofa in the living room) , waled imto the kitchen and to the back bathroom (to wash feet - habit) . I even heard the metal door being shifted , so I went to the toilet to take a look and called out . There was no response . I pushed the door open (quite heavy) , but there was no one . Panicked , I rushed back into the living room , trying to process all that had happened , just in time to see my REAL dad coming back . *faints* :o

As I said in one of the previous posts I was recently watching some YT channels with creepy and allegedly true stories and there were also some which sounded very similar to yours.

Also, while scouring wikipedia some time earlier I came across these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiäinen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardøger

Both are spiritis ( in Finnish and Norwegian folklore, respectively) which are supposed to act like this thing you took for your dad.

So, what if those beings described are just a time anomaly? ;)

I wonder if there's anything on those shadows in general, as those two examples are specifically about doppelgänger-like "pre-appearances" and "pre-acting". I'm not aware of anything at least.

A time anomaly would be a cool thing to explore, too ;)

Damn straight I have and still to this day I can't explain what the hell happened.

So here's some backstory.I used to keep small pieces of paper with passwords written on them.One day though they disappeared.

Eventually I found half of them but the other half was knowhere to be found so I accepted the loss and moved on.

Now this where the story begins.

Few years ago,during summer time,one night I was on my room playing a video game on the pc and the only source of light on the room was from my computure screen.

My family was on the living room watching tv.So while I was playing I noticed with my corner of my eye an unsually pale hand coming through my open door.

And it left something in the floor,so I paused the game got up and switch the lights on and lo and behold my missing papers were right there on the floor.

The hand was gone and I didn't see who it belonged,so I went to my parents and asked them if it was one of them who did that but they said they didn't know anything about that.

So this is were I started to freak out and running around the house and switching on every light.I only ever told this story to my mother and she doesn't have any explanation either.

Estrella Starr

🙋🏼 I love the paranormal, I go on ghost tours every year in Savannah, Georgia during the holidays. One year we went on a tour of the Sorrell-Weed house, we were in the room where a slave named Molly was killed for having an affair with her owner. As my younger sister and I were leaving the room, I felt a hand pushing me towards the door on my back. I thought it was my sister because we were already freaked out, I turned around really fast and said "DONT PUSH ME!" I was the only person left in the room and my sister was waiting for me at the door, as I'm on the verge of a meltdown the tour guide explained that one of the phenomenas of that room was pushing feel Molly pushing them out the door to try and save them from also being killed. 

I have a lot lot of other stories but that is by far my most terrifying paranormal experience to date. 

I have many, being a constantly alone and silent type person. I observe, and seek thrill in the "ifs" of everyday life. Paranormal is no exception. I have exceptional long term memory. I never developed the habit in confiding in others while scared. So my first instinct is usually fight, not flight.

Experiance 1: (very clichè)

This happened when I was 3 or 4 years if age. I lived in a small duplex with 3 siblings and my parents. This was in the 90's. There was a storm that knocked the power out, or blew a fuse. I went with my dad to check the fuses (old knob looking things) and returned shortly inside. I was asked to go put my shoes in my room. I went into my room in the dark, and there was something standing on my bed, under the blanket. Like a child, about 2-3feet tall. For a moment, I was puzzled then terrified. Since my siblings were all in the other room. I got my dad and told him someone was in my bed. He came in, and it was still there. He decided to jump on it, only to jump on air. Even he was creeped out. To this day, it was strange. In the same house, about a few months later. I noticed other weird things. Like red ribbons crawling along the ground like worms, I would litterally stomp in them like worms. Trying to stop them moving. It seemed to work, because they stopped appearing. We moved out as well. The house was infested with mice.

Experiance 2: 

This takes place when I believe I was in 2nd grade (8~). It was Christmas eve, and I stayed up late looking at the full moon with a crystal clear sky. I had lived in a average suburban area at the time. The moon cast bright light into my room, no shadows. No trees ir bushes outside either. My door was cracked and I could see into the pitch black hall. (I was at the very end). I had eventually fallen asleep, and had a strange dream if walking down a long corridor in some kind if decrepid prison looking place. Rooms with single metal folding chairs, with light cast upon them from the moon through broken windows. At the end of the hall, was my living room. For some reason, I began floating, while sitting in a meditation pose, and hovered out into my livingroom. My stepfather, sat on the couch and stared at me. He looked pissed, but somehow frozen in time, yet looing angrier and angrier. Unsettled, I stood up and headed for the front door. Outside was a fiery sunset with blood red orange and gold sky. Shadows loomed across the indistinct houses in the neighborhood. I felt something wet touch my head, dripping. I looked up, and there was a boy, I could not make out his features. I didnt know if he was human or not. He was floating above me with a pail. He tipped it above me again, and this time I realized what it was as it showered onto me. It was blood, and bits of flesh. This made me jolt awake, and breath heavily as I awoke. I glanced around my room, about to rollover and go back to sleep b when I noticed the moon's light was obstructed. Two things were standing by my door. Tall, slender, shadows. With white eyes, were staring at me. They swayed slightly, and at that point I was terrified. I didn't know how to react, but I eventually hid under my blankets and tried to rationalize what the hell was going on. They remainded there, until I fell back to sleep unknowingly. This was my first nightmare, and since this night, Ive gad abnormal night terrors that cause something like a seizure. The pain, and severarity of them actually made me lucid dream. They happened almost every night till I finally got lucid dreaming when I was 16, so I could fight it. My nightmares always revolved around "darkness" ina spiritual sense.

I got more for later. ^-^

arekathevampyre

hey @Tofu God . here's a bug thumbs up for you . must be really scary for you to experience it at such a young age . Anyone has any hotel/travel stories to share ? 

• 10 months later...
On 22.01.2017 at 2:43 AM, arekathevampyre said:

does any believe apparitions to be a manifestation of human's thoughts ? 

I know it's an old message, but you may find some interesting examples in this video:

Spoiler

arekathevampyre
15 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

I know it's an old message, but you may find some interesting examples in this video:

Hide contents

thank you for sharing !!

I believe in these things but it's a marmite subject. Some people would call us nuts for believing it.

My cat purred to me telepathically last year after he died to comfort me, my deceased grandmother visited my dad on his birthday in 2015 and we both heard her say, "Aww" and one time when I was very distressed and weeping on my bed I suddenly smelt a strong feminine perfume in the room and it seemed like a deceased loved one was trying to comfort me.

An odd one but sometimes I see lottery numbers in my head when watching the results on TV and those same numbered balls then roll out.

You can make your own mind up whether I'm mad. :lol:

Archived