Nice to Meet You!

LiaWolf

Uh, well, hi? I'm really no good at this whole "social" thing, but I'll give it a shot. My name's Lia, I'm 17, and I've just realized I think I'm a biromantic gray/asexual person, and... well, I'm not sure what to do. An online ace friend directed me here. I'm a Christian, and I'm scared that I'm 'broken' and need fixing, but I thought I'd try talking to some people about it first. Let's see, well, I ride horses and play saxophone and I'm writing a novel... don't think there's much else interesting about me, so... hi?

WishfulThinker

Hi Lia and welcome to AVEN :)

Image result for cake

Whatever you decide you are, you are not broken, you don't need to be fixed because there is nothing wrong with you!

I'm still trying to figure out where i fit in and i recommend just spending some time reading through some posts and getting to know other people's stories. It's really been helping me to identify what my feelings and thoughts are towards relationships and sex. 

Hi! I'm new here and not good in social things too, I just wanted to say hi and wish you feel better about this "broken", becauae I feel some kind of this too.

Welcome to AVEN!

Eat all of the cake!! :cake:

Yeah, ditto about the "broken" thing, I've been working through that one too. 

Welcome to AVEN Lia!! :) :cake:

As I'm sure you can already gather from the other replies in this thread, quite a few people tend to associate with asexuality with being "broken" at first. Obviously I can't dictate who you are or how you identify, but the best advice I can give (and in fact one of the first things I was told when I joined here) was to roam around AVEN a bit, "try out" the label of Asexuality for a while and see if it fits for how you feel. Everyone here is differant and the term can mean anything from an interest in sex but no attraction on one side to completely sex-repulsed on the other. Essentially what I'm trying to say is don't think you're alone, and don't worry about not being the same, as even on here there are so many types of people however I can assure you, everyone is happy to support you if you need anything! :) 

On a seperate note, it's awesome that you ride horses and play the saxophone. I only ever learned to play a bugle (eurgh) and a trumpet so a saxophone looks wildly more complicated to me xD How long have you been riding horses for? I've only riding for a couple of years so I'm still fairly new but absolutely adore horses and everything to do with riding :) 

Welcome!

I am new here myself. I have had the feelings of being broken in the past. Now realizing I am not alone, feels better. Here have some cake :cake:

Hi Lia and welcome to AVEN

chocolate-avocado-cake.jpg?itok=E2eWE_Dx

You're definitely not broken, you are yourself! Lots of friendly people here helping each other work thru our struggles.

Archived