Sex positive asexuals unite!

A-ok

So the other day I was watching a video by Ash Hardell about sex and her struggles. She is pansexual to my knowledge(?), but she mentioned how a relationship doesn't need sex to be healthy also mentioning asexuals. 
In the comments there were a thread of sex positive asexuals, I took part, some sexual people were interested in our view and everything was just great. I just love our community, and how we can be so open and honest. I feel like I've found a new part of the asexual community. Love yall <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vT9Kq1ugM&lc=z12rgtszmofkvxny404cfvlpkzrtvvtxigw

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Yeah, that is what I love about this community, too. So open,honest and diverse.

Feel we should make this into a proper sex-positive thread... Or is there already one of them, there probably is

Hmm, this should be one! Unfortunately many sex positive people don't realise that if they want to fight for people to have as much sex as they want, they should also fight for people to have as little sex as they want too. 

One can be sex-positive and never have sex. 

To me, sex positivity has always been about two things: 1) affirming that sex can be a healthy part of human life that shouldn’t be shamed or stigmatized, and 2) affirming the choices others make regarding sex, even if those choices are different from the ones we would make (as long as those choices are consensual). 

And by the way, the “healthy part of human life” part doesn’t mean it has to be part of every human’s life[...]

Source

The sex-favorable thread, now referred to by some as "cupiosexual" is here.

PurveyorOfBadPuns
38 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

How do you know if you are sex-positive, if you haven't slept with anyone? =/

Being sex positive just means that you support the right of everyone to have sex the way they want to and that you support sexuality being more normalized instead of considered this taboo thing.  Nothing about having sex in there at all.

Joe the Stoic
3 minutes ago, PurveyorOfBadPuns said:

Being sex positive just means that you support the right of everyone to have sex the way they want to and that you support sexuality being more normalized instead of considered this taboo thing.  Nothing about having sex in there at all.

I thought it was for aces who don't mind getting laid with their partners.

PurveyorOfBadPuns
1 minute ago, Joe Parrish said:

Nope, it's a feminist movement well outside the asexual community that began in the early 1980s .  You're thinking of "not sex repulsed."

PurveyorOfBadPuns
2 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

Here's a wikipedia link that's a good jumping off point for learning about the history of the sex positivity movement.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-positive_feminism

Mychemicalqpr
6 minutes ago, PurveyorOfBadPuns said:

Well then... That's exactly what I think. Hi sex positive aces! 

I'm completely fine with others having as much or little sex as they wish. But once the concept of sex involves me, I'm completely un-fine with it.

Archived