Not sure how to respond to being asked out?

Crealityisabeast

Crealityisabeast

I went to a meet up group meeting on Saturday, and today i received an email that i'd gotten a message from one of the guys in the meet up group asking if i'd like to go out for drinks. (the group is grouped for people in their 20s and 30s, so the guy is in my age group). I just moved to the area within the week, and i'm not looking to meet anything besides friends at the moment. I'm also going through the always fun question of romantic attraction (is it men? women? both? none at all?). I'm not sure how to respond since my go to is ignoring whatever i perceive as a problem until it goes away, but i may see this guy again at another meet up meeting. This is always the moment when i wish i had a more 'normal' reaction with  dating. 

so how should i respond?

nanogretchen4

No thank you. Unless you are interested. But if you are asexual and this is not an asexual meet up group, you should come out no later than the third date.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

If you really don't want to go,  just send they guy a message kindly stating why you aren't interested or send the guy a message simply saying "Thanks,but no thanks".

But don't ignore his message. It would be best to just be straightforward.

NerotheReaper

I throw a potato in their face and runaway...

Okay, in all seriousness just say you aren't interested or aren't comfortable. Ignoring someone like that isn't really gonna help, since in a way it is kind of rude. You can do it in a nice classy way, and if they are cool they will understand and not make you feel guilty. 

Archived