Does this sound like gray asexual?

_Miss_Mayhem_

_Miss_Mayhem_

I've been wondering if I'm asexual for a while now, but I can never seem to stick with it all the time. For some reason I rever really considered gray asexual, even though I definitely knew what it was.

Half the time I feel like I'm definitely ace, and I can't remember ever being sexually attracted to someone. Sometimes though it feels like I'm kind of on the edge, like I'm sort of attracted to someone but not really sexually. Does thst make sense?

There's other kinds of attraction other than sexual: platonic, aesthetic, romantic, sensual and alterous.

3 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

There's other kinds of attraction other than sexual: platonic, aesthetic, romantic, sensual and alterous.

You really need to send a link. ^_^

5 minutes ago, Assemble said:

You really need to send a link. ^_^

Here you go:

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/AngelMisuzu/media/sketchcomic___types_of_attraction_by_secondlina-d4xwf7d_zpsbfa560ca.jpg.html?t=1419488680

And here also:

Platonic attraction - same as an "squish", is an desire for friendship

Alterous attraction - desire for emotional closeness without necessarily being romantic or platonic

Just now, AVEN #1 fan said:

Here you go:

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/AngelMisuzu/media/sketchcomic___types_of_attraction_by_secondlina-d4xwf7d_zpsbfa560ca.jpg.html?t=1419488680

And here also:

Alterous attraction - desire for emotional closeness without necessarily being romantic or platonic

I was testing you to see if you would really listen.

Thanks. 💗

Just now, Assemble said:

I was testing you to see if you would really listen.

Thanks. 💗

Haha

Alterous isn't its own attraction, it's either a low-key crush or the desire for a queerplatonic relationship (among a few other things that also already have names).

There are 6 types of attraction. They're all typically felt with romantic attraction (and why there can be confusion between attractions) but they aren't needed to make it valid. They can all be felt separately, without romantic attraction, and in different combinations. The desire to act in a certain way can also be separate from the attraction (e.g. sexual attraction with no sexual desire/desire to act on it, or romantic desire with no romantic attraction), but constantly having either of those means the person is sexual/romantic/gray.

·   Sexual attraction - the impulse to have sex with a specific person; to give/receive genital involving things from them. Synonyms are sexually alluring, sexually appealing, sexually enticing, sexually tempting, etc.

·   Romantic attraction - an emotion; so it doesn't translate well into words, but it can be inadequately put as soft/warm/fuzzy feelings with some degree of fixation (at least in comparison to one's normality with others). This is the base requirement, but some people also have a physical reaction to the feeling and others don’t (i.e. butterflies in their stomach, heart rate increase, blushing, etc. [though those can also be symptoms of platonic nervousness]). Others may react mentally with a dreamy mindset, anxious euphoria, infatuation, romantic fantasies, etc. And others may feel it light enough (compared to the norm) that there is no clear line between crushes and wanting emotional closeness.

·   Aesthetic attraction - the pull to look at someone because of their beauty and/or mannerisms, which is different from just recognizing good looks/what’s aesthetically pleasing.

·   Emotional attraction - the fixation on someone because of their emotions (optimism, stoicness, etc.), and by extent personality. I would compare it to having a favorite character or admirance.

·   Sensual attraction - the impulse to have non-genital physical contact with someone specific. (normally used platonically)

·   Platonic attraction - (aka a friend crush or squish; a play on the romantic word crush) the impulse to further know or befriend someone specific. The desired bond can vary from being friends, to close friends, to best friends. It may include nervousness or admirance, and once the desired bond is reached the squish goes away.

·   And it's possible to find someone charming without romantic attraction. (look up charming's definition/synonyms for further clarification)

·   It’s also possible to feel queerplatonically about someone. A queerplatonic relationship (or one sided, a 'queerplatonic squish' aka 'queerplatonic crush') is a platonic relationship that has (or is desired to have) the characteristic(s) associated with a romantic relationship (excluding non-platonic things like sex and making out, although chaste kissing can be platonic depending on how it’s done). This kind of relationship includes an importance/closeness stronger than the best friend norm and/or displaying platonic physical contact above the norm. Some describe it as "super best friends." It’s also known as romantic/passionate friendship, life partner, Boston Marriage, and bromance/womance (latter aka shemance, sismance, and less popular due to clash with other words; hermance). They may or may not have monogamy, live together, sleep in the same room, have kids, or be mistaken for a couple. Romantics and Aromantics can have QPRs. An example would be Turk and JD from Scrubs. (other examples here)

(Some inaccurately include sex and non-platonic physical actions like foreplay under this term; i.e. say that it only means absence in romantic feelings, but those things are factually not platonic by definition so it's a misunderstanding. Every dictionary defines platonic as non-sexual, and a minority include non-romantic. Quasiplatonic; created for those who want to avoid the use of queer in queerplatonic, is also inaccurate because the prefix means the reverse. Aliplatonic has been a suggested alternative. If someone has a relationship that displays queerplatonically but one has romantic feelings and the other doesn't, then it's up to them on whether they call their relationship QP or romantic.)

Anime Pancake

You would probably have to describe your opinion more for us to give advice or understand.

Are you romantically attracted to people?

Are you attracted to people's bodies? Is the thought of touching a body attractive to you?

Is the though of sex attractive to you?

There's different types of attraction. Platonic, romantic, sensual, sexual.

So someone like me for example, I am attracted to the female body for the most part. While I find physical interaction attractive, I have no interest in sex.

So I am sensual (physical touch) but not sexual.

So yeah, if a person desires sex they are probably sexual.

If a person does not desire sex, they may be asexual.

1 hour ago, _Miss_Mayhem_ said:

I've been wondering if I'm asexual for a while now, but I can never seem to stick with it all the time. For some reason I rever really considered gray asexual, even though I definitely knew what it was.

Half the time I feel like I'm definitely ace, and I can't remember ever being sexually attracted to someone. Sometimes though it feels like I'm kind of on the edge, like I'm sort of attracted to someone but not really sexually. Does thst make sense?

it's possible, and worth considering. from this brief description, you sound kind of like how I felt a year ago, and since then I've readjusted my identity from ace to grey.